Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder will ring rust help or hinder Fury..

He’ll be 20 months inactive when he fights AJ

Maybe it’s a non factor, but interesting all the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    I wonder will ring rust help or hinder Fury..

He’ll be 20 months inactive when he fights AJ

Maybe it’s a non factor, but interesting all the same..

It won't help you can see from John Furys comments that he is concerned by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,684 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Cyrus wrote: »
    It won't help you can see from John Furys comments that he is concerned by it.

It’s not a huge amount time, but certainly an amount that would have you asking questions on..

Not sure on AJ, but he has had couple fights since February 2020 I think..

Ok, he had Ruiz end 2019 and had Pulev end 2020.

Actually I was wrong. Fury 18 months out by August this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I think that’s a very good point, especially in the case of Fury. He’d been inactive for so long before the Wilder fight as well. It’s bound to be a concern. That can be a factor but certainly not an excuse if he loses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Just when a fight announcement was looking inevitable..

https://twitter.com/cmckennasport/status/1394388587026731018?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wouldn't say no to Fury - Wilder III.

Would be funny (and not that unrealistic) if we ended up with Fury v Wilder III and Joshua v Usyk and both Fury and Joshua lost.

Too much money to be lost here I think. Wilder is going to get offered a **** load of money to step aside and Fury v Joshua will still go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Wilder needs a big bag of **** off money
    Who wants to see the third fight ffs

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Shaka Hislop

Tyson V AJ
    Rematch
    Wilder V Winner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭squinn2912

See Charr Lookin to get in as well after his amazing victory at the weekend tut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

squinn2912 wrote: »
    See Charr Lookin to get in as well after his amazing victory at the weekend tut

I saw that ‘fight’ it was an absolute shambles. I think his opponent was the lad Dave Allen was supposed to fight but turned out to be contracted to Don King.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So do we think Wilder can be paid off or will he force the trilogy fight now?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,554 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

An arbitration is not legally binding as far as im aware,
    Its just means now Wilder can akenhim to court,
    Sure it was rules by an ex judge not an actual Judge

Wilder wil luse this for a pay off no way he gets straight back in with Fury

I saw that ‘fight’ it was an absolute shambles. I think his opponent was the lad Dave Allen was supposed to fight but turned out to be contracted to Don King.

That’s right, Dave Allen said he’s not a proper boxer at all and I think he’s right

bob arum "we are not paying wilder to step aside, it's better to get ris of him and go about our business.We can make the Fury v AJfight for november or december'
    Arum also said that the Allegiant stadium in vegas has been reserved for fury v wilder on the 24th of july

If there's a wilder fight in 2021 there won't be an AJ fight till 2022 then. Hopefully Bob is just spinning

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

OmegaGene wrote: »
    bob arum "we are not paying wilder to step aside, it's better to get ris of him and go about our business.We can make the Fury v AJfight for november or december'
    Arum also said that the Allegiant stadium in vegas has been reserved for fury v wilder on the 24th of july

People underestimating Bob here I thinks he's been a clever aul dog,
    He is putting pressure n Wilder saying ye ok we will fight you July 24th stadium is available lets go, (remember earlier in the day Bob said they would still look to fight Aj first)

Wilder won't take the fight no way he does, he wants step aside money , there's no chance he gets straight back in with Fury,

Also if he does Fury will smash him & both camps know this,

Wait and see Wilder make an excuse ,

i think wilder wants the bag of cash, he got rid of jay and replaced him and started showing off right in time for the arbitration

as said above Bob is no fool

Also you have 100 days to appeal arbitration case , so that's 26th of August, after the AJ v Fury date ,

So just hold off and appeal after the fight & it'll take another few months for the appeal to go through ,

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Butson

What a mess!

So we could get Fury v Wilder III, and AJ vs Usyk?

I could see Usyk being very awkward for AJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Wilder needs a big bag of **** off money
    Who wants to see the third fight ffs

me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hope this doesnt happen, but if it does i hope they make a fury joshua date for later in 21,

realistically i think Fury beats wilder again, probably even more handily, and i think joshua makes mincemeat of Usyk if im honest, it might last 5 or 6 rounds but once he gets his measure i cant see Usyk living with a big heavyweight like Joshua.

Butson wrote: »
    What a mess!

So we could get Fury v Wilder III, and AJ vs Usyk?

I could see Usyk being very awkward for AJ.

I reckon Joshua will bin the belt instead of fighting Usyk. Awful risky fight to take with life changing money on the table to fight Fury. I genuinely think one of the main reasons they've rushed into making a Fury fight is they know the Usyk fight is a tough one and a loss ruins the value of a Fury fight going forward. Joshua been backed into a corner.

People underestimating Bob here I thinks he's been a clever aul dog,
    He is putting pressure n Wilder saying ye ok we will fight you July 24th stadium is available lets go, (remember earlier in the day Bob said they would still look to fight Aj first)

Wilder won't take the fight no way he does, he wants step aside money , there's no chance he gets straight back in with Fury,

Also if he does Fury will smash him & both camps know this,

Wait and see Wilder make an excuse ,

Bob might be coming at it from a different angle though I think. Fury v Wilder III is a bigger fight in the States than Fury v Joshua. Fury v Joshua will take place at about 5pm US time and probably do modest enough PPV numbers over there. It's possible he wants Fury - Wilder III as he still gets his piece of the pie regardless.

Also I don't know why Wilder's promotor Al Haymon agrees to the step aside money here either. Basically granting his biggest rivals to make hundreds of millions and gain millions of subscribers over him. He has it in contract that Wilder - Fury should be next. Surely Haymon sues for loss of money he's owed too? Going to take an almighty sum to keep everyone on that side happy anyway.

If there's anyone deluded enough to back himself it's Wilder though and it's hard not to have respect for him if he does want the trilogy fight. Would take serious stones to want to jump straight back in with Fury in your first fight with a new trainer. The fact he's been so quiet throughout all this makes me think he more than likely wants the fight.

eddie hearn said his team are talking with usyks team now to sort that fight out, video up on youtube now

eddie hearn said his team are talking with usyks team now to sort that fight out, video up on youtube now

Obviously not anywhere near to being as big of a fight but definitely a more intriguing fight than Fury v Joshua imo. Pretty decent consolation prize if we do get Joshua v Usyk and Fury v Wilder III.

https://twitter.com/usykaa/status/1394629275198889987?s=19

Yup.
    Defo looking like AJ vs Usyk and Fury v Wilder now.

I don't think it's the worst thing in the world.

Morrison J wrote: »
    I reckon Joshua will bin the belt instead of fighting Usyk. Awful risky fight to take with life changing money on the table to fight Fury. I genuinely think one of the main reasons they've rushed into making a Fury fight is they know the Usyk fight is a tough one and a loss ruins the value of a Fury fight going forward. Joshua been backed into a corner.

Life changing money....to be fair is he not already a multi, multi millionaire?

Morrison J wrote: »

No chance of him giving up the belt imo, Usyk isn't going to pose him too many problems ultimately I feel - I don't think he has the size to get the job done v AJ. Risky? Sure, but so much so that he will give up on the goal of unifying the division, I don't see it.

• Advertisement

Butson wrote: »
    Life changing money....to be fair is he not already a multi, multi millionaire?

True it's all relative. He'd be doubling his career earnings in a single fight though if reports are to believed.

Advertisement