05-05-2021, 22:53   #151
Dickie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by External Association View Post
Down to -2C one night in early June 1991. Very cold start. Even the 4th Dublin v Meath game on 6 July was very sunny but only 15-18c.

The summer took off on Saturday 10th August when my Laois lost to Meath in the Leinster final Mid 20s late August and 28.4c on 5th September 1991 in Valentia. The weather broke shortly after mid September 1991.

Kilkenny v Wexford hurling 1996 first round on June Bank Holiday Sunday was a cold day. I remember the rain Meath v Dublin Leinster final, 10pts to 8pts I think?
wow your good! yes i remember being at wexford v kilkenny i thought it seemed like mid may all right everyone in coats and jackets. i was at it because Meath played Offaly in the first game in hurling , Meath put in a really brave perfermonance i think it was 2-12 to 2-18. yes the dublin -meath leinster final was played in a downpour and we got a famous breakthrough victory, we also had a famous THE breakthrough victory over dublin in july 1986 which was on a downpour as well. the famous 1986 summer!

i think the Laois v Meath leinster final was wet overcast day on August 10th 1991 too. the roscommon semi final was played in beautiful warm day and all ireland final v down where our heart was broken was also lovely and warm. That game still haunts many meath fans....
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2021, 00:09   #152
External Association

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickie10 View Post
wow your good! yes i remember being at wexford v kilkenny i thought it seemed like mid may all right everyone in coats and jackets. i was at it because Meath played Offaly in the first game in hurling , Meath put in a really brave perfermonance i think it was 2-12 to 2-18. yes the dublin -meath leinster final was played in a downpour and we got a famous breakthrough victory, we also had a famous THE breakthrough victory over dublin in july 1986 which was on a downpour as well. the famous 1986 summer!

i think the Laois v Meath leinster final was wet overcast day on August 10th 1991 too. the roscommon semi final was played in beautiful warm day and all ireland final v down where our heart was broken was also lovely and warm. That game still haunts many meath fans....
Meath hurling was quite strong in the mid 1990s alright. Pat Potterton staring and the league win over Wexford. That 6 pt loss to Offaly at the peak of their powers. Laois hurling was decent from 1979 until 1998 or so. We had a heart breaking 2 point loss to KK in May 1995 when we should have had a free in and Denis Byrne scored a last minute goal. Similar in 1998.

The Roscommon v Meath game on 18 August was beautiful weather. Our GAA club had an open day and the tv was on with the match in the clubhouse. The Derek Duggan dummy solo and drop shot. Meath reeling the Rossies in point by point. The weather took up the evening of the 10th Aug.

Down were underestimated a little, no Connacht or Ulster team had won an AI in 23 years. Meath had so many close shaves their name seemed set on the cup. If O'Rourke hadn't the flu and played full game. 11 pts was too big a lead to claw back. Beautiful spell of weather.
(3) thanks from:
06-05-2021, 00:33   #153
pauldry

-1c Mt Dillon
0c a few locations

And that's midnight

Mt Dillon will finish -3 or -4c
Thanks from:
06-05-2021, 00:43   #154
Tyrone212

I seen a post on Facebook saying it was snowing in Donegal. How accurate that is I don't know.
06-05-2021, 07:21   #155
M.T. Cranium

0600h temp at Mountdillon was -4 C. Numerous -2 and -3 readings elsewhere. Not quite as cold at 0700h.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2021, 08:03   #156
Supercell
Happy :)

Saw a dusting of snow on Three Rock when out on my frosty jog this morning, latest I can recall seeing that ever.
(3) thanks from:
09-05-2021, 07:30   #157
M.T. Cranium

That next push of colder air has gradually been removed from model runs and now the main driver of weather this week will be the decaying low pressure system that is gradually edging in from the west, with a tendency for it to reform over 24-48 hours further south then continue its slow decaying process while moving through the south. That will lead to a very gradual turn in winds from southerly to east-northeast later in the week; by the time it all comes to an end the Atlantic will be back in control sending in periodic frontal systems. So now there seems little chance of severe frosts or even any frosts this week, maybe in one or two spots by Friday morning lows could be around zero or +1 C .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion