Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalise abortion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

you are in denial and need to do some courses.... victim empathy for a start (how do you think the father feels?) (or does he not know?)etc you should get help. and then think of how you can live the rest of your life seeing a baby or young child and know that YOU killed one.

What a load of crap.

She made the right choice for her at the time. Bringing an unwanted child into the world is a bad idea.

Given that pro-lifers are only to happy to bomb abortion clinics while calling people who get abortions murderers shows what selfish hypocrites they are.

The only person who should be able to decide whether a woman should carry a pregnancy to term is her and no one else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭roadrunner 1

What a load of crap.

She made the right choice for her at the time. Bringing an unwanted child into the world is a bad idea.

Given that pro-lifers are only to happy to bomb abortion clinics while calling people who get abortions murderers shows what selfish hypocrites they are.

The only person who should be able to decide whether a woman should carry a pregnancy to term is her and no one else.

BOLLOX and i bet your a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭nurse23

you are in denial and need to do some courses.... victim empathy for a start (how do you think the father feels?) (or does he not know?)etc you should get help. and then think of how you can live the rest of your life seeing a baby or young child and know that YOU killed one.

for your information i am not in denial have no regrets what so ever, i don't feel like i killed a child and i also work with babies and young children who i love and adore but i did do not for one minute regret i had an abortion. as for the father he fully supported and agreed with the decision and we are still in a happy relationship. As for doing courses i am a nurse so familiar with the abortion procedure and studied the ethics of it as part of the degree programme. and i think i'll live the rest of life quite fine thank you very much! oh and as you don,t know me or how i feel how can you tell me i'm in denial!? i'm sure some women feel guilt etc. but i can tell you here and now i don't.

BOLLOX and i bet your a woman

No i am a man and i bet your a man as well.

nurse23 wrote: »
    for your information i am not in denial have no regrets what so ever, i don't feel like i killed a child and i also work with babies and young children who i love and adore but i did do not for one minute regret i had an abortion. as for the father he fully supported and agreed with the decision and we are still in a happy relationship. As for doing courses i am a nurse so familiar with the abortion procedure and studied the ethics of it as part of the degree programme. and i think i'll live the rest of life quite fine thank you very much! oh and as you don,t know me or how i feel how can you tell me i'm in denial!? i'm sure some women feel guilt etc. but i can tell you here and now i don't.

ooooooeeeeeerrrrr loooks like i have hit a nerve with ms murderer here

• Advertisement

No i am a man and i bet your a man as well.

yes. the point being

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

surely not all of them are.

has ms nursey, "i killed my baby and i don't care" got nothing to say now? i should think not. this sort is full of ****e it doesn't matter how many years go by. you always see a sweet kid and think, mine would have been that age now. you are obviously a woman of age and you are so wrong not just for the abotion but for glorifying it here. you are so selfish, there are i assume younger woman than you who maybe confused (as a nurse would ye not know this). and you are making out that this is something you can do and forget it the next day. if this was right then you would not have been so quick to respond and bragging about it to this thread. if your so freaking proud, why dont you name yourself and the husband and state which hospital it is you work in, with other peoples children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Stop personalising the thing, roadrunner1.

asdasd wrote: »
    surely not all of them are.

Yes i agree but the more extreme pro-lifers are dangerous and are doing more damage to their cause then good.

Pro-lifers who are willing to have a proper debate and not revert to violent behaviour or calling people "murderer" i at least have some respect for although i do not agree with them on the matter.

• Advertisement

this is personal, these people get sympathy and councilling and support and have titles as victims. how many times did you hear sympathy for any other child killer? when ian huntley gets out of jail, will you be ok with him living next door to you? ian huntly killed two children and it was unplanned, spur of the moment. people who have abortions plan it to the finest detail, a lot like hannible hector

Yes i agree but the more extreme pro-lifers are dangerous and are doing more damage to their cause then good.

Pro-lifers who are willing to have a proper debate and not revert to violent behaviour or calling people "murderer" i at least have some respect for although i do not agree with them on the matter.

what shall we call them then? victims, oh we do already. what about peadophiles, unfortunate. rapists, confused. get te ****

has ms nursey, "i killed my baby and i don't care" got nothing to say now? i should think not. this sort is full of ****e it doesn't matter how many years go by. you always see a sweet kid and think, mine would have been that age now. you are obviously a woman of age and you are so wrong not just for the abotion but for glorifying it here. you are so selfish, there are i assume younger woman than you who maybe confused (as a nurse would ye not know this). and you are making out that this is something you can do and forget it the next day. if this was right then you would not have been so quick to respond and bragging about it to this thread. if your so freaking proud, why dont you name yourself and the husband and state which hospital it is you work in, with other peoples children.

actually im 23!! was 18 at the time. i'm not glorifying it if you read my original post i clearly state i'm not for or against it but was merely stating my experience and my personal opinion on my decision! i would never never comment on any one eles's situation or assume that people going through this decision are not confused, hurt unsure what to do etc...and no you did not hit a nerve, you are entitled to your opinion it is obviously something you feel very strongly about and i respect that. i do not for one second say that it is some thing women can do on a whim and forget about!! or promote it. i just stated my feelings and that i have moved onsucessfully. and i am not married by the way! and why is it do think i should not be working with other peoples children?!! as for naming myself why should i? i am open to my family and friends about this fact, dont think what hospital i work as it is relevant? plus while i respect constructive argument you come across as very aggressive and nasty, i respect you don't agree with my actions or my honesty in how i feel about that action but it is no need to be nasty and personal in your comments.

actually im 23!! was 18 at the time. i'm not glorifying it if you read my original post i clearly state i'm not for or against it but was merely stating my experience and my personal opinion on my decision! i would never never comment on any one eles's situation or assume that people going through this decision are not confused, hurt unsure what to do etc...and no you did not hit a nerve, you are entitled to your opinion it is obviously something you feel very strongly about and i respect that. i do not for one second say that it is some thing women can do on a whim and forget about!! or promote it. i just stated my feelings and that i have moved onsucessfully. and i am not married by the way! and why is it do think i should not be working with other peoples children?!! as for naming myself why should i? i am open to my family and friends about this fact, dont think what hospital i work as it is relevant? plus while i respect constructive argument you come across as very aggressive and nasty, i respect you don't agree with my actions or my honesty in how i feel about that action but it is no need to be nasty and personal in your comments.

at 23 you have no experiance, your still a kid.

what shall we call them then? victims, oh we do already. what about peadophiles, unfortunate. rapists, confused. get te ****

i dont think i should be called a murderer or a victim. as for comparing me or others with a paedophile or rapist is a bit much but hey whatever you think yourself?

yes. the point being[/quote

and what was your point of stating the other poster was probably a woman!!!

at 23 you have no experiance, your still a kid.

Judging by the stuff your posting so are you.

i dont think i should be called a murderer or a victim. as for comparing me or others with a paedophile or rapist is a bit much but hey whatever you think yourself?

read it again..... as i said you are still a kid, you think and act like a kid. you are not qualified in experiance to make a decission to have an abortion let alone give advice on it. your child would be coming up to 5 years old now, just in case you forgot.

read it again..... as i said you are still a kid, you think and act like a kid. you are not qualified in experiance to make a decission to have an abortion let alone give advice on it. your child would be coming up to 5 years old now, just in case you forgot.

yes im young but i still have a brain and the ability to make a decision and how to feel. and have i offered any advice to anyone on an abortion? no. and for me thinking and acting like a kid, do you actually know me personnally? as for the age ya taht'd be right, but at the time and still now dont consider a 4-5 week embryo a child! but thats a complete argument in itself! as you seem very passionate about it have you any personal experience of yours to share? or do you work in the counselling or support area as you seem to know what women having abortions feel and think?

Judging by the stuff your posting so are you.

your still a girl arn't you?

• Advertisement

your still a girl arn't you?

If your just going to throw insults around there's no point debating this with you.

yes im young but i still have a brain and the ability to make a decision and how to feel. and have i offered any advice to anyone on an abortion? no. and for me thinking and acting like a kid, do you actually know me personnally? as for the age ya taht'd be right, but at the time and still now dont consider a 4-5 week embryo a child! but thats a complete argument in itself! as you seem very passionate about it have you any personal experience of yours to share? or do you work in the counselling or support area as you seem to know what women having abortions feel and think?

you tried to play it down and big it up just cos ye had one. with the title nurse people will take what you say to be of a professional nature. you may be a text book nurseand we can not argue about that but, we can argue about your using your name and possition to appear to be somthing your not. and yes, i do have experiance, but i will not share it with you. if you still think your so freaking right, share your name with us all nurse so when the next one goes for an abortion they will know where to go to thank you.... by the way, how much planning did it take for you to have your abortion?

you tried to play it down and big it up just cos ye had one. with the title nurse people will take what you say to be of a professional nature. you may be a text book nurseand we can not argue about that but, we can argue about your using your name and possition to appear to be somthing your not. and yes, i do have experiance, but i will not share it with you. if you still think your so freaking right, share your name with us all nurse so when the next one goes for an abortion they will know where to go to thank you.... by the way, how much planning did it take for you to have your abortion?

as for my username it was something i just decided to use as i couldn't think of anything more imaginative! i in no way use boards to push any kind of professional agenda, and as for appearing to be something i'm not, not a clue what your on about! as for thinking im ''freaking right'' as you put it as i keep reiterating it was right for my situation, i was not generalising to everyone! why is it you want my name! how is it relevant to anything. and if your unwilling to share any info why should i!! as for planning i talked to my partner, friends and family and on the advice of my gp spoke with a counscellor can't remember the name of the clinic and spoke with another councellor at the abortion clinic. not sure of the time frame but it was not like i hopped on a plane and ordered an abortion like i'd order a big mac. again not sorry i made the decision. if i were to fall pregnant again would i have an abortion or consider it no, because i am in a different place. as for playing things up and down! whatever! i just stated things honestly! as for you bringing my profession into the argument also irrelevant. and i'm sure people using boards are intelligent people and if are spurred on to have abortions because of my opinion well obviously thats laughable. if i posted that cocaine is the best cure for a cold do really think people would start looking for their local drug dealers. do really underestimate peoples intelligence.

as for my username it was something i just decided to use as i couldn't think of anything more imaginative! i in no way use boards to push any kind of professional agenda, and as for appearing to be something i'm not, not a clue what your on about! as for thinking im ''freaking right'' as you put it as i keep reiterating it was right for my situation, i was not generalising to everyone! why is it you want my name! how is it relevant to anything. and if your unwilling to share any info why should i!! as for planning i talked to my partner, friends and family and on the advice of my gp spoke with a counscellor can't remember the name of the clinic and spoke with another councellor at the abortion clinic. not sure of the time frame but it was not like i hopped on a plane and ordered an abortion like i'd order a big mac. again not sorry i made the decision. if i were to fall pregnant again would i have an abortion or consider it no, because i am in a different place. as for playing things up and down! whatever! i just stated things honestly! as for you bringing my profession into the argument also irrelevant. and i'm sure people using boards are intelligent people and if are spurred on to have abortions because of my opinion well obviously thats laughable. if i posted that cocaine is the best cure for a cold do really think people would start looking for their local drug dealers. do really underestimate peoples intelligence.

you started by rabbiting on about when you were younger..... not freaking 5 years ago when ye were 18 we saw the title nurse and paid attention. i personally thought you were in your 50s. you used it..... just like you killed your child just like you tried conning us all with the title nurse and dont give me this ****e. you are proud and loud about being a nurse and well done. just remember you are now a professional and we hang on your every word like it dont like it but we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Wanda

Is abortion the same as the morining after pill?????

well?

does this make it easier for you? you have looked on my profile and you know what i do for a living and for the past 25 years. so if you asked me for directions somewhere you would not expect to be going in the wrong direction!!! the same is now true of you.

roadrunner1 is that directed at me? if so, i don't think i looked at your profile....???

Wanda wrote: »
    well?

tks for the patiants. only if it kills a life.

• Advertisement

Wanda wrote: »
    roadrunner1 is that directed at me? if so, i don't think i looked at your profile....???

no hun it was at our residant nurse

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement