Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offcuts - the general chat thread

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

So, rather than start a new thread called "dumbass amateur questions"...

...how are the amateur folk amongst us who live in the suburbs getting rid of their wood shavings and sawdust without using a wood-burning stove? There's only so many barbecues you can have...

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anyone have any ideas how to get that weathered grey stain look on wood? I've had no joy finding an actual grey wood stain, so im toying with the idea of watering down some satin wood finish grey paint.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i think i saw a video showing how baking soda can be used to age wood - though i think not nearly as much as the silvering you're possibly referring to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sparks wrote: »
    So, rather than start a new thread called "dumbass amateur questions"...

...how are the amateur folk amongst us who live in the suburbs getting rid of their wood shavings and sawdust without using a wood-burning stove? There's only so many barbecues you can have...

Compost heap for softwood and hard wood shavings make a good mulch straight off but can also go on the compost heap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'm lucky enough that i can pile them up the end of the garden and use *ahem* a natural compost accelerant on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement