Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.

Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Glebee wrote: »
    Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..

It needs to screw in, so didnt work for me. Once your threads are gone, they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Previous poster just confirmed my suspicions,
    Obviously nothing can be done with eleaf once threads are gone

Needed a new battery, got the bridge thing this time
    FIngers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Glebee wrote: »

Would sugru work?
    The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.

:D:D:D the next one you get,teach it to swim :D:D:D

Sorry for laughing but that statement was so funny...LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

youngblood wrote: »
    Would sugru work?
    The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)
    I was thinking that you could in theory solder the supplied adapter into the iStick threaded socket leaving an admittedly ugly (for recessed devices) but permanent connection.
    Otherwise its a bigger job but total replacement of the 510 with a fat daddy low profile 510 could work, but for you'd want to be a competent solderer and be able to use some toher basic tools (threading tap).

Advertisement