Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eleaf iStick (availability, reviews etc.)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭accaguest

Tablet won't let me multiqutoe for some reason.

@Ezra

Charging devices like the iStick with a phone charger i think is fine - the smarter devices will only draw the current they need - but simple egos should be charged with plugs rated at .5amps, just for peace of mind. Somebody may correct me on that though.

@TheCageyOne

Busardo's reviews are so thorough though that they stand the test of time amazingly. I can look at ones from a year agp and nothing new, usually, comes out about the device. In an industry that moves so fast I'd hate to see him change.
    He's dragging his heels though not emphasizing how far American devices are falling behind/losing ground imo.He 's probably doing it out of genuine decency but they might need a kick up the arse as well. Be very interesting to see what the DNA 40 review comes out like, yihi might have their own temp chip outby then and they seem to always hit it first time.
    Evolv are getting a lot of slack from the big reviewers so far and all the traditional big American companoes surely must be struggling. A 20watt provari that goes to .7 ohms for $250. That's a declining market surely.

I'm going to watch more of this bogan fella now. Yin and yang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The oddest review on it I saw was from Todd, the Scottish bloke in the shed :D He was almost lost for words in the end, trying to find something to nit-pick about it. I think it's the first time I've seen a vid of his where there wasn't one moan! And he says, these i-sticks are exactly what the market needs right now. They're solid, reliable, neat, safe and cheap! Like you say, gear like this could be a good kick up the hole for other manufacturers.

Todd ecigreviews on the iStick 50w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Vaping my new 30w and I love it!

Just quick check:

I can use a mobile phone charger for this right? As in its not going to surge the flux capacitor.

You have to ram your gigahertz first or you could damage your oven. :pac:

iSticks support 1A charging, it'll say on the plug what Amps it puts out. So a .500A charger will charge it half as fast as a 1A charger. They don't explicitly say that using plugs above 1A is dangerous or safe on the eleaf site. I've used my Galaxy S5 charger which is 2A with no problems. The standard iPhone charger for the iPhone 4 is 1A, the iPad 2 charger is like 2.15 or something, just to give you an idea of the various amps that different devices chargers will come with.

I've tried mine with the ipad mini charger and all seemed fine :) But, mostly hooking it up to the laptop and pass through vaping while it charges away. 3 days now and it's still full batt just doing that here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bought a 20w one during the week, best purchase for me ever, small \ nice read out display \ battery lasted three days

if you are looking for a new battery get this immediately, you wont be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Ooops, dropped my nautilus mini aspire one, and yeah, it cracked very easily...

oh, if you happen to drop it and it shatters, be careful picking up the shards, they cut like f**k ...

bit annoyed with myself...

Broke my Nautilus tank twice to date. Both time on the Vamo, that old habit of leaving it standing up on wobbly tables :/

I bought replacement glass both times, if it breaks agin F it ... I'll be buying something cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Both of you, instead of buying replacement glass sections, I highly recommend the metal type, gives a lot more protection if you're a clutz (like me). There is glass still inside the metal, so it can still be broken if its a hefty bang, but for simple knock overs its great. I've knocked mine over several times, no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

Didihno wrote: »
    Both of you, instead of buying replacement glass sections, I highly recommend the metal type, gives a lot more protection if you're a clutz (like me). There is glass still inside the metal, so it can still be broken if its a hefty bang, but for simple knock overs its great. I've knocked mine over several times, no bother.

What what you recommend, as in the case of iStick 20?

Oh, I learnt of this - which I did not know about, (left with 28quid out of pocket, yeah, bought another! :( ), for the standard nautilus aspire (not the mini version), the glass part can be bought for 13quid, but they did not have one for the mini...

raging me am...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

t0mm13b wrote: »
    What what you recommend, as in the case of iStick 20?

Oh, I learnt of this - which I did not know about, (left with 28quid out of pocket, yeah, bought another! :( ), for the standard nautilus aspire (not the mini version), the glass part can be bought for 13quid, but they did not have one for the mini...

raging me am...

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/mininautsteel.htm

Yeah, should have got that really. First time mine broke the replacement glass was only €7, on sale. Second time it was €10 - I'm not spending anymore on the Nautilus, got an atlantis too - at least that came with spare glass! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Why dont they just develop a pyrex casing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

+1 on the metal cased tank. they also don't seem to get stupid tight to open. I had to bust a glass one open with a screwdriver the other day. but I had a spare glass tank anyway. I never tighten them too much but they seem to tighten themselves.

I couldn't even open the glass one other day with pliers. Took a few hits to break. seemed fairly strong to me. I can open the metal one by hand without fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I'd recommend the dick and balls tank for the mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

54kroc wrote: »
    I'd recommend the dick and balls tank for the mini.

Yeah it was a toss off... Sorry a toss up between the penis tank and the hollow-out one, the hollow out one was hard to see your juice level, but the dick and balls one looked.. Like a dick and balls.

• Advertisement

They made a cock up in the design of that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

Wonder if the juice level decreases in the cold?

Those ones tend not to work so well after a few pints though.
    You can tell it wants to but it just can't. Allegedly.

does anyone know if the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank work with the eLeaf 20w?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelyf

25w and upwards is best. Some say 30w plus as a minimum :)

• Advertisement

kingtiger wrote: »
    does anyone know if the Aspire Atlantis sub-ohm tank work with the eLeaf 20w?

Thanks

It wont work with the stock 0.5 ohm coil the 20w iStick will only work with coils above 1 ohm. You could use the rebuildable section and build a coil above 1 ohm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

AFAIK there isn't a rebuildable base for the Atlantis but I saw 1.2 ohm coils somewhere.

If you're looking at sub-ohm tanks the Delta 2 or sub-tank have much better flavour the the Atlantis.

nuttyboy79 wrote: »
    It wont work with the stock 0.5 ohm coil the 20w iStick will only work with coils above 1 ohm. You could use the rebuildable section and build a coil above 1 ohm.

thanks but I was thinking of upgrading my old Kanger Aerotank to a Kanger Subtank or a Aspire Atlantis

dunno yet though in two minds about what to purchase

Both wont work with the iStick of the 2 the Kanger one comes with a rebuildable section that you can make your own coils and then it will work. If you are stuck on getting either of the 2 clearos with out getting into rebuilding you're going to have to look at the 30w or 50w iStick. But if you are going to rebuild just get a kayfun it's a piece of pi55 to build and will work with your 20w iStick once you stay above the 1 ohm mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

thanks but I was thinking of upgrading my old Kanger Aerotank to a Kanger Subtank or a Aspire Atlantis

dunno yet though in two minds about what to purchase

It's nice to have both,Atlantis cost me another 11euro to upgrade to a bigger tank.
    The Subtank is the way to go,it has everything a vaper needs & no extra money to fork out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

They make 1.2 Ohm coils for the subtank don't they? They should work ok on a 20W iStick.

grand thanks lads, so its looking like the Subtank and an eLeaf 30w

don't know if I would have a patience or dexterity to rebuild coils though

:D:D:D you will,eventually...

You might as well pay a little extra for the istick 50,the battery is a 4400Mah & better than the 30w.

You had better hurry up & buy this before the next verion comes out :D:D:D

One more question lads before I purchase

what strength juice should I going for on a sub ohm tank? is 18mg too strong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

One more question lads before I purchase

what strength juice should I going for a sub ohm tank? is 18mg too strong?

Way too strong, 6mg would be ok or even 3mg if you can get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I can build them on a kayfun. Let's just say, if I can build one, anyone can...

My granny won't get out the good crockery when I visit :(

I use 12mg regularly, but when I bought the Atlantis I got some 6mg, and even that gives a powerful kick on certain juices. I'd suggest trying that out, 18mg in a sub ohm tank is going to explode your throat and lung! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

The threads went in my iStick 20w after about 3 months of use. I thought it was ready for the bin, but watched this video where he suggests using a piece of cardboard as a temporary fix and it work really well.

I'm hoping I can use the iStick Bending Adapter, as a permanent solution. Anyone else had their threads go and fix it?

Update:

Instead of buying the istick bending adapter, I used a beauty ring I had lying around and wrapped the male connector with a small piece of duck tape. It work perfectly, tight connection and I can add and remove tanks.

Any one know if its safe or not to have duck tape so close to the connection?

Dubba wrote: »
    Update:

Instead of buying the istick bending adapter, I used a beauty ring I had lying around and wrapped the male connector with a small piece of duck tape. It work perfectly, tight connection and I can add and remove tanks.

Any one know if its safe or not to have duck tape so close to the connection?

I would do some roasties & cabbage to go with it :D:D:D

Haha. I like this quote - "If it can't be fixed with d̶u̶c̶k̶ duct tape, then you're not using enough" .

I can confirm the bending adapter does not work as a fix for fecked threads.

Interesting with the duct tape. I had used a piece of kanthal as a temp solution but it wore down my threads a bit more even.

Cheers J Mysterio, saves me buying the bending adapter that wont work.

Duct tape solution didn't turn out well - when warmed up in my pocket the glue melted and it came off. I've gone back to the cardboard strip, which is working well, so far.

This is a comment in the video I posted earlier... might be a solution - "I would also suggest using PTFE tape on the male connector if you're looking for a more permanent solution ."

I wonder could you take it apart and replace the 510 with one of the smaller Fat Daddy ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Dubba wrote: »
    The threads went in my iStick 20w after about 3 months of use. I thought it was ready for the bin, but watched this video where he suggests using a piece of cardboard as a temporary fix and it work really well.

I'm hoping I can use the iStick Bending Adapter, as a permanent solution. Anyone else had their threads go and fix it?
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    I can confirm the bending adapter does not work as a fix for fecked threads.

Interesting with the duct tape. I had used a piece of kanthal as a temp solution but it wore down my threads a bit more even.

I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

I suddenly had problems with the threading on my istick, after 4 months usage. Got that bending adapter during the week, and it's now working perfectly.

Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..

Glebee wrote: »
    Mine is acting up as well, plumbers tape not working well and I find the card board trick works best to secure in a beauty ring and the swap out the tank when needed. Was going to pick up a bending adapotor but does that need to screw in as well or click in??? If its screw in it probally wont work..

It needs to screw in, so didnt work for me. Once your threads are gone, they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Previous poster just confirmed my suspicions,
    Obviously nothing can be done with eleaf once threads are gone

Needed a new battery, got the bridge thing this time
    FIngers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Glebee wrote: »

Would sugru work?
    The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)

• Advertisement

Anyone ever drop the original istick in water? I dropped it in a hot tub a few months ago and it's been dead ever since. Just wondering if there's anything I can do. Probably not.

:D:D:D the next one you get,teach it to swim :D:D:D

Sorry for laughing but that statement was so funny...LOL

youngblood wrote: »
    Would sugru work?
    The end would be permanently attached though and would involve a lot of upside down screwing (dirty I know)
    I was thinking that you could in theory solder the supplied adapter into the iStick threaded socket leaving an admittedly ugly (for recessed devices) but permanent connection.
    Otherwise its a bigger job but total replacement of the 510 with a fat daddy low profile 510 could work, but for you'd want to be a competent solderer and be able to use some toher basic tools (threading tap).

Advertisement