Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Raiders just love playing in Melbourne. What a win.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know is the NRL GRand Final on any of Sky Sports, BT Sports or Premier Sports in the morning? Or what UK/Irish based channel might be showing it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's on Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports Main Event. Kick-off is set to be 9:30 am our time.

Going to hopefully wake up in time for it. Hoping it's a good one.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Horrible feeling the Panthers will hammer the Eels. Hope I'm wrong though, it'd be nice to see Parramatta break their long stretch without a Premiership.

You called it right. Utterly dominant display by the Panthers. At least the Eels managed some points on the board before the end.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Panthers very good and the Eels choked, but they've been doing that all season, so no great surprise. Didn't make for much of a contest for the neutral though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thanks, I missed it in the end as was out late last night. Had it in my head that it was a 11.30am kick off but that was out by an hour and then another hour because the clocks changed in Australia for summer time a few days back I believe. Gonna see if I can find a full match replay on Youtube later on and watch it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Heading into round two of the World Cup - what do you guys think so far?

I think the Pacific nations will improve after another week together. Keary played well for Ireland I thought, massive game to come on Sunday against Lebanon. Win that and more than likely get out of the group.

The usual suspects well be there or there abouts. Attendance at the games very meh, but poorly advertised and ticketed.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

The Sky deal was a disaster for Rugby League in England.

Rugby Union went down a similar road in Australia.

The Nrl will have to invest in England and France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Addo Carr making Freddie look silly since his hat trick before game 2 in origin. If Aus win he has to be in pole position to win player of the tournament.

Caught the highlights for Eels vs Storm and looked like an exciting game. Who do we think is winning this season? Panthers to do three in a row? I'll go for the Sharks.

The One NZ Warriors, it's our year!

Great to have the NRL back, Storm look strong as usual in (supposedly) Bellamy's last season. If by some bizarre happening Warriors don't win the lot it would be nice for Sharks or someone else other than Panthers or Storm.

Amazing win for the Dolphins over the Roosters this morning, brilliant way to start their NRL journey.

Another exciting win for them. They've been a breath of fresh air.

It's been a good start to the season in general. Lots of drama.

Yeah it's been an enjoyable start, Dogs beating the Storm was a bit of a surprise, Roosters beat the Warriors (who only had 1 left on the interchange for half the game) but very unconvincingly, Broncos and Cowboys were in a great tussle this round too. Hopefully it'll be wide open this year.

Really enjoyed the 'Battle of Brisbane' the other day. Great finish to the game, even though I was rooting for the Dolphins.

Season has started well, 'phins a worthy edition to the League. Blow outs haven't started yet, so lots of close games which is always good.

Warriors going well this year too. Deserved the win, although the game winning try should have been pulled back for obstruction. (I'll take it though!)

2 good games today. Impressive victory for the Warriors.

Right gambling fans. Paddy Power have The Dolphins at Evens with +12 against the Bunnies next week. Am I missing something or is that a good a bet as I think it is? Well I've already stuck a few quid on it anyway but seems very generous, especially when they're only giving the Tigers 10/11 with 12+ against the Eels.

• Advertisement

It was all looking so good for my bet on the Dolphins......... then it wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭timothydec77

The Dolphins have been a successful expansion team on the field so far.

Looking forward to the first State of Origin opener. The physicality last year was immense.

Not sure it was quite as intense as last year but good game none the less. Good start for the Maroons too. Might treat myself to a knock off QLD jersey from China.

Great win for the Knights today.

Hard to bet against the Panthers winning the lot again when it's all said and done but I hope there will be a surprise.

Broncos or Panthers do look ahead of everyone else. Warriors might well get bounced out by the Knights which will be a bit of a disappointing end to a very good season. They've looked pretty ordinary for the last few weeks though tbh.

If Knights do beat the Warriors I'd love for them to go on and win it.

Warriors really turned up, fantastic performance and I think the Knights just looked a bit tired. To even make the finals from where they were was an achievement though.

Still can't see past a Panthers/Broncos final but never say never. Up the Wahs 😂

Only caught the highlights but looked a great atmosphere. Looking forward to next week's games.

Good luck to the Broncos in the final, great season comes to an end for the Warriors. Brisbane clearly the better team and were likely going to win anyway, but that forward pass try decision by the officials killed the Warriors stone dead at a time where they had the merest of sniffs.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

• Advertisement

Yeah the Broncos worthy winners but that forward pass left a sour taste.

I'd like to see a different champion crowned but the Broncos will need the game of their lives.

Advertisement