Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Danick wrote: »
    Too many Queensland mistakes - hoping we can turn this deficit around.

Spoiler. They can't. Second half even worse than the first which is impressive in it's shîtness.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Bit disappointing over all but NSW are a serious side. Mitchell and trbojevic were a joy to watch

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    Bit disappointing over all but NSW are a serious side. Mitchell and trbojevic were a joy to watch

It has 3 nil written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

That was horrific - been watching Origin since 2011 and that was the worst I have ever seen Queensland play - they didn't offer a shred of hope at any point during the game.

What a game that was between the Titans and Roosters. Gold Coast ALMOST managed to win after coming from 30 points down. Shame they couldn't hang on.

• Advertisement

So glad I got up to watch the annual arse kicking Storm give the Warriors. Officials can give themselves a pat on the back for being nearly as bad as the Warriors. Terrible.

Summary of today. Warriors shít and losing in very shīt game, Raiders doing a Raiders special of opening up nice big lead and losing and Storm annihilation of the Tigers.

The offloads for the last couple of tries in the Dragons/Raiders were just ludicrous.

Origin game 2 this weekend I'll miss it at work. You never can tell with Origin but I really can't see anything other than a double figures win for NSW again.

So not a fan of the new site yet. Anyhoo. QLD managed to get back a tiny bit of dignity in the dead 3rd Origin game, complete shít show off the pitch with the Dragons, SJ going back to the Warriors next year which is great news if he can stay fit and interested.

• Advertisement

Such a shame that RTS time with the Warriors, and in Rugby League has come to an end with no fan fair, no final game to say goodbye. Don't blame him for bailing now, Warriors on course for wooden spoon I think and he wants to go home to get sorted prior to Yawnion switch.

Oh, and Nathan Brown is absolute w@nk as a coach.

Some particularly crap Bunker decisions today. Wests robbed of a perfectly good try off a scrum that might have got them back in the game. Top 8 looks gone now for Madge and the Tigers after that. 6 to 8 are going to get their arses kicked in the play offs anyway.

Rejoice, the Storm have lost! Parramatta were fantastic today and thoroughly deserved the win.

Warriors 0.0001% chance of making the 8 ended yesterday after throwing away a 16 nil lead against the Raiders.

Melbourne win the minor Premiership (think that's what it's called). Comfortable enough in the 2nd half v the Sharks. Cronulla will have to hope the Warriors turn up against the Titans to keep them in the 8. (Titans need to beat Warriors by more than 12 to reach the finals at Sharks expense).

And of courses the Warriors didn't turn up, nilled by Titans who make the 8 as a result.

Souths and Manly starting in a few on Sky Sports Arena.

Souths dominated, thought they might win but I had them only winning by 4 to 6. I was way off. The winner of the Grand Final will come from Storm/Panthers I'd imagine, so it'll probably be Melbourne again.

Post edited by Tom Mann Centuria on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

In case anyone hasn't checked the times - the Storm v Panthers game is on at 7am - posting in case like me anyone thought it might be on at 10.50. Hoping it will be a closer match than today's game.

Woo hoo Storm lose! Fantastic game. Panthers were brilliant, maybe it isn't foregone conclusion that Penrith win final.

Penrith looked to have the game in hand easy enough, boom 6-6. :P

• Advertisement

Good final in the end. I was conflicted about who I wanted to win, Panthers don't make it easy to like them but deserved the win and nice to see a team who hadn't won it in a while get the job done. Wouldn't have minded Souths winning either though tbh.

Warriors year next year (or not), once the wonder kid stops shoving Colombian marching powder up his nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

Manly are really putting something good together and would fancy a good run next year. Papinhausen keeps getting himself in trouble. League, like no other sport seems to have a huge correlation between the most elite also being the most stupid. Andrew Johns, Todd Carney, Josh Dugan, Andrew Fifita and now Papp.

I dunno. Premier League football, in fact football in general has some truly sick individuals as well. Young men with too much money and too little respect for others

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

i don’t disagree with any of that to be fair. NRL stars getting caught on the party drugs in off season has them viewed as cheeky larrikins these days. No penalty

Yeah, I can't disagree with that either. Coke everywhere, tiny fine, miss a game, back to it. Think professional soccer would definitely come down harder on that kind of thing.

Ignoring the fact it was a friendly against Storm's b team for about half that game, I can confidently predict it's Warrior's year this year.

Convincing win for Penrith, never really let Manly into it.

Fuppin hell the Warriors are an annoying team to support. Every year it's the same old shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Aiming to pay more attention this year. Happy for the Knights to win and pleased Ponga is still around.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement

Great win and a bit of a turn up for the books beating Roosters. For a while I thought Wests might beat Storm yesterday but wasn't to be.

Didn't see this morning's early game but points galore in the Eels/Titans game.

Edit: Scrappy old game this one between the Cowboys and Bulldogs. Hetherington actually a bit unlucky earlier to go in to the bin for a change.

Advertisement