Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Night Cougher

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

COVID wrote: »
    Or better still, throw a 20 pack of 'Major' at him, that should finish him off.

Throw a brick at him

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

You could be describing me OP. 29, cystic fibrosis, reasonably healthy but that's because I do aggressive physio therapy where I sound like I'm dying in the morning and at night.

I've been hearing hilarious banter like, "smoker's cough/would you ever get yourself sorted/ah looking for attention again" to busy bodies with 'medical advice', "have you gone to a doctor/tried this ****e my aunt sells/gone to a homeopath/drank some hot water with honey and lemon?" to strangers asking if I was going to die or how would I die, etc. since I was a teenager. Trust me, he knows he's coughing and he probably has someone in his house ready to deck him if he does it inside one more time.

I have two roommates who are pretty sound about it, and a kitchen that's reasonably sound proof from the bedrooms but one of my roommates was chatting to our upstairs twat of a neighbour recently. I've lived in this apartment for six years.

Neighbour: There's a lot of coughing from your apartment.

Roommate: Yeah that's my roommate, he has a chronic lung disease.

N: He should really see a doctor or something.

R: Yeah, he does. He sees a lot of them actually.

N: No, really. They'll be able to help him.

R: Eh, they haven't cured cystic fibrosis yet...

N: He should go to the hospital.

Like really, what would you get out of talking to him OP? Or just throw the box of Marlboro at him for the craic. If he chases you, you can find out how serious his condition actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Its fungi, op you found him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Dj Stiggie wrote: »
    You could be describing me OP. 29, cystic fibrosis, reasonably healthy but that's because I do aggressive physio therapy where I sound like I'm dying in the morning and at night.

I've been hearing hilarious banter like, "smoker's cough/would you ever get yourself sorted/ah looking for attention again" to busy bodies with 'medical advice', "have you gone to a doctor/tried this ****e my aunt sells/gone to a homeopath/drank some hot water with honey and lemon?" to strangers asking if I was going to die or how would I die, etc. since I was a teenager. Trust me, he knows he's coughing and he probably has someone in his house ready to deck him if he does it inside one more time.

I have two roommates who are pretty sound about it, and a kitchen that's reasonably sound proof from the bedrooms but one of my roommates was chatting to our upstairs twat of a neighbour recently. I've lived in this apartment for six years.

Neighbour: There's a lot of coughing from your apartment.

Roommate: Yeah that's my roommate, he has a chronic lung disease.

N: He should really see a doctor or something.

R: Yeah, he does. He sees a lot of them actually.

N: No, really. They'll be able to help him.

R: Eh, they haven't cured cystic fibrosis yet...

N: He should go to the hospital.

Like really, what would you get out of talking to him OP? Or just throw the box of Marlboro at him for the craic. If he chases you, you can find out how serious his condition actually is.

What's your point caller?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

What's your point caller?

eeemm ... that nobody sounds like they’re coughing a lung ip unless they are practically coughing a lung up..

OP - is he at it all night or only for a certain length of time? Maybe earpieces and a podcast will entertain you better and drown out the drowning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Jesus Christ, I keep reading the thread title as ‘The Night Cougar’ thinking it’ll be something much less gross and way more attractive than someone coughing their guts up every night.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Jesus Christ, I keep reading the thread title as ‘The Night Cougar’ thinking it’ll be something much less gross and way more attractive than someone coughing their guts up every night.

Not your usual Friday night haunt Em, c'mon, we're all making sacrifices here!

The night cougar prowls at night and is plain as day during the day....
    She is a mysterious leather clad minx by night and a man by day.....

That help your fantasy

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Is this night cougher located in Dublin 3 by any chance?

You isn't it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Quick blast of piss

reported

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Balbriggan actually. Do you have a night cougher where you are also?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Balbriggan actually. Do you have a night cougher where you are also?

In a place I used live. Just really loud gargly coughs at night. Always at night. They sounded really horrendous. I don't think they smoked at it was almost every night for months. I got used to the sound but when guests came over they would always remind me how crazy it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,435 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

post deleted, this showed up on the front page as a current thread, not 2 years old, sorry mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

most likely has undiagnosed allergies , my mother has never in my memory been without a cough , shes especially bad these days but she prides herself on never fixing problems , merely enduring them so she will cough on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,000 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I live in an apartment, spent most of last night coughing as ive the flu, thought this thread was about me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

The night cougar is raunchy. Night cougher just full of phlegm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

OP our country really needs people like you......

to emigrate!

Is their house attached to yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

For those who think I'm a non empathetic auld crank 🤨 who should have sympathy for the cougher, for your information the night cougher is a heavy smoker. I've seen him from my back window puffing away out in the back while coughing his lungs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

My Father In Law who lives with us does this every morning, he has no diseases or issues or reason, he just does it.

Its disgusting, first few times after he moved in we raced up to see if he was dying, nope, just trying to cough a lung up.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Advertisement