Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I'd go more if they cooked the ****ing chips once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Chicken wings + strawberry malt, that's all. Don't care much for anything else

Miss it here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I've only eaten there a few times, and those times it was because I got one of those "buy 1 burger get 1 free" deals with Dunnes receipt and head there with a friend. So, when the burger has such a chunk of the price cut down it makes it a lot more worth it. Supermacs is my usual, with Subway on occasion. Even though Supermacs is my usual, though, its fairly variable how often I'd go, could be a few times a month, or there could be a month or two between visits. Honestly, if I was going to be getting something pricey food wise I'd rather go to those pub/restaurants and get something there. Mashed potatotes and whatnot.

Apologies if I am making anyone hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Eating at Eddie Rockets is the same as playing the lotto, a tax on idiots.
    Yeah and last year it was 10 Eur for the same deal, so has gone up 33% in a year:rolleyes:

*cough* That's 30% maths boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a bit pricey, that's the only thing wrong with it. They do great food. Portions are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

the one in arklow gives you any burger, fries and a drink for 2 plus 2 cinema tickets for €16. thats a good deal in my book

Who lives in Arklow? If it were deleted from Ireland then I don't think anyone would notice. Moreover, most of us here are interested in real towns and cities ;)
    Paparazzo wrote: »
    Small portions? Are you american by any chance OP?

No, I'm Realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I'd sooner go to The Counter or somewhere similar and choose exactly what I want in my burger.
    their strawberry shakes is about the only thing they have going for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Their food is awful. Not Supermacs bad, but still bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I love Eddie Rockets, the garlic cheese fries are sexual... *drools* And you could hardly call the portions small imo! They're pretty huge I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Miss it here

If I've successfully cracked your location, you do realise that they have them here as "Ed's" (website will play Elvis, you've been warned). Even more flavours of milkshake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Edward rocketts is pretty sweet.

İ enjoy getting onion rings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

Their food is awful.

The fact that most of their outlets are regularly packed would suggest otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I prefer the iconic Buddy Cadillac's in Mullingar. Damn good eatin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭WinterSong

Smockstack combo with fries and coke, a rare yet delightful Eddie Rocket's treat :D

Their milkshakes are lovely too!

gara wrote: »
    The fact that most of their outlets are regularly packed would suggest otherwise

Packed with people who haven't a clue eating garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Feathers wrote: »
    If I've successfully cracked your location, you do realise that they have them here as "Ed's" (website will play Elvis, you've been warned). Even more flavours of milkshake!
    I've tried it, believe me. It's not the same.:(

People who haven't a clue -what do you mean Teyla? :) Do you mean because one should only ever be enjoying handgrown organic rocket picked at dawn for fear of being otherwise deemed clueless? It's the weekend Teyla -put down the tofu and go grab a burger -you might actually enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CommanderC

gara wrote: »

Haven't a clue :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. People eat there, because they like it.

The Oreo malt is an orgasm for the palate :)

No wannabe foodie is going to convince me otherwise .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Everyone knows that Eddie Rockets is just a rip off of Buddy Cadillacs Diner in Mullingar.

If you like good food, good fun, and a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls,
    then come on down to Buddy Cadillac's All-American diner.;)

Everyone knows that Eddie Rockets is just a rip off of Buddy Cadillacs Diner in Mullingar.

If you like good food, good fun, and a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls,
    then come on down to Buddy Cadillac's All-American diner.;)

There i'n't no finer diner!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There i'n't no finer diner!

does it have cheesy bacon fries?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,118 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm surprised any faux-American diner in Ireland could ever be considered a rip-off of another faux-American diner in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Eddie Rockets is a rip off of the Roadhouse in Carlow.

Saying that, Eddie's is much nicer. Smokestack burger after a night on the beer is the job.

No but the curry cheese chips are only €3.50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Sure they do.
    At Buddy Cadillacs they've got everything you could ever want.
    Just don't complain about the service or they might shoot you in the face :eek:

CommanderC wrote: »
    Haven't a clue :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. People eat there, because they like it.

The Oreo malt is an orgasm for the palate :)

No wannabe foodie is going to convince me otherwise .

I like a good burger, I just don't like their burgers. I would much rather go somewhere like GBK. I reckon people only eat in Eddie Rockets due to lack of choice, or because they don't realise there are better places out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

Yeah and last year it was 10 Eur for the same deal, so has gone up 33% in a year:rolleyes:

yes, you're right, its a huge rip off. i'll never go their again :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I'll stick with my 'Four Lights' thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

a good business plan so

• Advertisement

I reckon people only eat in Eddie Rockets due to lack of choice, or because they don't realise there are better places out there.

Your arrogance is actually insufferable

Advertisement