Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda E

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Honda e is being pulled from Europe due to low sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I'm not surprised. I have only ever seen one on the road around Tallaght and nowhere else. I would say they had a miniscule sales impact here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭Patser

Fantastic little car to drive - but absolutely crippled by Honda's decision to price it high with a small battery. So with modern EVs like to MG4 offering bigger, faster, longer, cheaper it never really had a chance.

Minimal advertising too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Not much of a surprise really.

They’ve sold roughly 100 of them here, one is in my driveway. It’s a brilliant little thing for urban driving.

The most frustrating thing about the small range is actually that it’s so well sorted to drive that long runs are great in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What's happening to Honda in Ireland in general? Serious decline from their heyday sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ce he sin

Have you seen their prices?

A Civic is €49,000. For a petrol car (Ok a hybrid) the size of a Focus.

You can put a Tesla 3 on the road for thousands less.

I don't think Honda have any interest in selling cars in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭MarkN

I’d tend to agree. Although I drove the new Civic recently and price aside, still a cracking car I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You can blame the boy races for that. Honda started to price there cars higher because boy racers were buying them and Honda was getting a bad reputation and then Insurance companies started to charge more to insure Hondas so no one or very few bought them as they were to expensive for what they were and too expensive compared to the competition to insure.

The boy racers all started to move to VWs then and the Hondas started to disappear.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If that made sense then VW passats and audi A4 would be endangered species on the roads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,297 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,650 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Where as if they had if it called it “E Honda “ it would have sold loads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

In Dublin, the transition from older JDM Civics etc to the felt spec Passat, A4 or old was very noticeable. Turned me off buying any of them coming from a long line of Honda Civic Type R’s and Integra Type R’s.

Honda certainly had an Insurance premium back in the 00’s I was paying €4600 for my civic TPFT while others around paying a lot less for various German lumps like Mk4 Golf’s. High theft rate back then was the blame as they had a legacy of being JDM only and the associated ease of theft (no alarm, immob etc).

They started to get easier to insure as you got a few NCB built up and they were being imported by Honda Ireland so we were able to get the office DOHC VTi versions from Tom Canavan or similar and paid significantly less insurance then.

They died out along with the rest of the JDM scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Comer1

Honda are finished in Ireland, just a matter of time. They have priced themselves out of the market. Went into the Honda dealership in Kilkenny a few weeks ago to see the new Civic and they had no Hondas at all. Salesman told me he couldn't sell them because of the price. He told me other dealers are doing the same. Pity, I drove Honda cars for 25 years and loved them.

Advertisement