Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IV

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

If cronin has to do 80, it won't bode well with a 5 day turnaround....unless Dundon will be back by Ospreys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Is Dundon not in the training pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

LostArt wrote: »
    Is Dundon not in the training pics?

Yeah but article says he is the most concern to play, assessment late this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

No contact in those training pics.

Healy

"Really can't get the hang of LinkedIn ... Not that I'm job hunting or anything"

:pac:

• Advertisement

No Contract updates today (Sinead Kissane), Personally I expect something the week of Monday 20th.

Almost a year since Sextons news too :eek:

ssaye2 wrote: »
    No Contract updates today (Sinead Kissane), Personally I expect something the week of Monday 20th.

Almost a year since Sextons news too :eek:

Yeah, Sexton said he decided on his contract after the last two HEC games and before the 6N. The IRFU come out with the last minute offer after the last HEC game and that's when Sexton had to accept or refuse.

So hopefully some decent offers will be put on the table for SOB and Heaslip.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Healy

"Really can't get the hang of LinkedIn ... Not that I'm job hunting or anything"

:pac:

There's a fair few rugby players and coaches on it. Most of their profiles are just XXXXXX rugby player or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Biggest reason to feel confident about the weekend: The paddypower odds. Leinster are favoured by 5 and are 1.44 to win. I think that's far too kind to Leinster but it suggests Castres might not have all the top players out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

One of my Ulster buddies text me saying there's rumours up there that Payne might be joining us at the end of the season. I suppose it would make some sense if the IRFU want Payne to play 13 when he's IQ but I'd take it with a pinch of salt at this stage.

• Advertisement

ERC confirm QF draw for H Cup and Amlin will be at 5.15pm on Jan 19th.

and from rabo

After 11 rounds, the average margin of victory was 9.94 - the lowest it's ever been in the tournament's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

One of my Ulster buddies text me saying there's rumours up there that Payne might be joining us at the end of the season. I suppose it would make some sense if the IRFU want Payne to play 13 when he's IQ but I'd take it with a pinch of salt at this stage.

Oh....gimme, gimme, gimme!!!! :D

Don't believe it for a second mind.

I heard that too - but didn't want to say anything, way too early for those shenanigans, ah well welcome Jared :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Manna from Heaven if true.

Good article on Darcy/BOD and some of the others in Europe so far

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/13778.php#.UsrmSPvQU-I

"The top eight as they stand after four rounds:
    1 Ulster (18 points, 13 tries)
    2 Toulouse (15 points, 15 tries)
    3 Clermont (15 points, 11 tries, +42)
    4 Toulon (15 points, 11 tries, +36)
    5 Munster (14 points, 11 tries)
    6 Leinster (13 points, 8 tries)
    7 Saracens (15 points, 17 tries)
    8 Leicester (15 points, 11 tries)
    "

Ulster V Leicester
    Toulouse V Saracens
    Clermont V Leinster
    Toulon V Munster so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

I would be over the blooming moon if that happened, but just can't see it tbh.

Ulster would have a serious right to be pissed too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Holy balls that would be amazing

Awec would likely set fire to the RDS and hold BOD for ransom but it would be worth it

The odds of it happening are minuscule though unfortunately, I mean why would he bother moving?

• Administrators Posts: 54,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

No chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Good article on Darcy/BOD and some of the others in Europe so far

http://www.rabodirectpro12.com/news/13778.php#.UsrmSPvQU-I

"The top eight as they stand after four rounds:
    1 Ulster (18 points, 13 tries)
    2 Toulouse (15 points, 15 tries)
    3 Clermont (15 points, 11 tries, +42)
    4 Toulon (15 points, 11 tries, +36)
    5 Munster (14 points, 11 tries)
    6 Leinster (13 points, 8 tries)
    7 Saracens (15 points, 17 tries)
    8 Leicester (15 points, 11 tries)
    "

Ulster V Leicester
    Toulouse V Saracens
    Clermont V Leinster
    Toulon V Munster so far

Leinster's tries scored stat sticks out like a sore thumb there.

Indeed, just have to win the hard way I Suppose again

• Advertisement

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9104571,00.html

Big news

"Planet Rugby understands the IRB is to ditch the current "yes, nine" scrum call in favour of a non-verbal, pre-agreed instruction.

This change will take place with immediate effect, and is being introduced at all levels of the game worldwide.

Referees will no longer give a verbal instruction of "yes, nine", and instead will issue a non-verbal instruction to the scrum-half when he/she considers the scrum to be square and stable.
    "

Tox56 wrote: »
    Holy balls that would be amazing

Awec would likely set fire to the RDS and hold BOD for ransom but it would be worth it

The odds of it happening are minuscule though unfortunately, I mean why would he bother moving?

I'd actually ban every Leinster fan from this forum if that move happened. Leinster mods included! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Big news

"Planet Rugby understands the IRB is to ditch the current "yes, nine" scrum call in favour of a non-verbal, pre-agreed instruction.

This change will take place with immediate effect, and is being introduced at all levels of the game worldwide.

Referees will no longer give a verbal instruction of "yes, nine", and instead will issue a non-verbal instruction to the scrum-half when he/she considers the scrum to be square and stable.
    "

I wish they would enforce the straight put-in again. That lasted about two weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭ConFurioso

Leinster's tries scored stat sticks out like a sore thumb there.

Perhaps, but think of the opposition we've had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Oh yes please! He's a fabulous player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Cant see it happening but if he really does want to play 13 then something is going to give sooner or later as far as Ulster’s riches at centre go. Not dissimilar to us with our backrow and possibly at prop in the future.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Big news

"

The auld nod and the wink so.

I'm guessing it's so the teams don't push until the ball is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The auld nod and the wink so.

I'm guessing it's so the teams don't push until the ball is in.

I’d say it’s to take away any bit of advantage that the defending team was getting by the referee pretty much announcing to them to get ready to push. By going non-verbal it gives the attacking team a bit of an advantage, even if it’s only a small one.

Big news

"

The original trial didn't include the "yes, 9" call that was added by the IRB. So it's just going back to what was tested out and found to work. So I'm happy.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I'd actually ban every Leinster fan from this forum if that move happened. Leinster mods included! :D

Does that include yourself? C'mon, join the dark side, you know you want to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

But he signed a three year deal with Ulster back in May last year?

I would flip my sh*t if he came down here.

Hagz wrote: »
    But he signed a three year deal with Ulster back in May last year?

I would flip my sh*t if he came down here.

1 year Ulster contract, 2 year Ireland.

awec wrote: »
    1 year Ulster contract, 2 year Ireland.

Oooooooh

Trade ya Kirchner for him.

Oooooooh

Kirchner's fine. C'mon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

It's true though that something has to give at Ulster. There is too much talent in the backs and especially at centre.

Trading a forward from Leinster for a back/centre from Ulster could be good for the provinces and Ireland as a whole.

• Advertisement

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Kirchner's fine. C'mon!

Its JARED PAYNE

Oooooooh

Not a chance. :)

Payne will be going nowhere. No way will Humphreys allow it to happen. He is far too good to be sent to Leinster.

Then give us Cave.

Then give us Cave.

You have Macken. :)

Or away out and get yourselves a NIQ centre.

Swiwi. wrote: »
    Kirchner's fine. C'mon!

We have a Lions 15, we have Brendan Macken at 13. Leinster don't need Kirchner really, he hasn't looked effective on the wing, and as useful as he is at Rabo/H cup level he just doesn't play the right positions. A 13 of Kirchner's class would be a very good fit

• Advertisement

We have a Lions 15, we have Brendan Macken at 13. Leinster don't need Kirchner really, he hasn't looked effective on the wing, and as useful as he is at Rabo/H cup level he just doesn't play the right positions. A 13 of Kirchner's class would be a very good fit

True-ish, he's definitely a better 15 than wing.

I've thought about and I've decided Payne will do very nicely.

So that sorts out outside centre, now who will we get at lock? Craig Clarke?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

I've thought about and I've decided Payne will do very nicely.

So that sorts out outside centre, now who will we get at lock? Craig Clarke?

Apparently Johan Muller is being rumoured...:D

In fairness Kirchners only played on the wing once for us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Interesting pic for the bib theory.
    820423.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

decisions wrote: »
    Interesting pic for the bib theory.
    820423.jpg

Looking at the rest of the pics, the 'bib theory' team would contain both Dundon and Strauss, Moore, Roux and Cullen, Jennings, Boss, Reid and Kirchner... it seems a lot of the starters from Saturday were rested so we'll hold our horse for the moment.

On the plus side, Dundon looks grand and it's great to see Strauss taking part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Aye, think it's a bit early in the week for the bib theory!

Aye, think it's a bit early in the week for the bib theory!

Bib theory is always this time of the week, has been accurate for the last few weeks, looks inconclusive this week though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Bib theory is always this time of the week, has been accurate for the last few weeks, looks inconclusive this week though :(

Is it not normally mid-week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Thought Denton again offered next to nothing from what I could see against Connacht, the perseverance with him is becoming irritating at this stage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement