Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provincial Schools Cups 2013-2014 [MOD NOTE POST 1]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

Cormac Brennan is eligible for under 19 also. Wonder what happens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭FR2

JagerScout wrote: »
    Cormac Brennan is eligible for under 19 also. Wonder what happens there.

Assume he will go straight into 19's! Allen being cut doesn't make any sense at all. Any other in's or out's?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭CGD

Sommerville was rumoured to have dropped out last week as well, not sure if it is true though

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

FR2 wrote: »
    Assume he will go straight into 19's! Allen being cut doesn't make any sense at all. Any other in's or out's?
    I think he's going straight down to the Under 19's set-up from what I heard. As for Allen, something must of happened that we don't know, because I don't see how dropping the best hooker in this years Senior Cup makes sense.

Leinster5 wrote: »
    I think he's going straight down to the Under 19's set-up from what I heard. As for Allen, something must of happened that we don't know, because I don't see how dropping the best hooker in this years Senior Cup makes sense.

Totally agree. He was the stand out hooker throughout the cup! Interesting to see who's ahead of him... any idea? I know they were trying to convert a KK prop.

• Advertisement

Totally agree. He was the stand out hooker throughout the cup! Interesting to see who's ahead of him... any idea? I know they were trying to convert a KK prop.
    Shane Delahunt and Dylan Donnellan were picked ahead of him, which is a strange one considering Donellan was Clongowes' hooker this year and was fairly average and Delahunt has only just moved to hooker in the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭lurtz

they have that exile Dixon as well. Allen gone to Connacht now I hear

lurtz wrote: »
    they have that exile Dixon as well. Allen gone to Connacht now I hear

An Aussie 9 and now an Exile as well!!! Surely there is something wrong if this is happening. Leinster have the strongest school system around, why do they need to bring in overseas players. I can understand certain players from other Irish sides due to college commitments, but it is wrong if players like Allen are deemed surplus to requirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

An Aussie 9 and now an Exile as well!!! Surely there is something wrong if this is happening. Leinster have the strongest school system around, why do they need to bring in overseas players. I can understand certain players from other Irish sides due to college commitments, but it is wrong if players like Allen are deemed surplus to requirement.

Who's the Aussie 9?

What would you rather happen? If the Exile is the better option, then why would you let him slip through the system?

Hagz wrote: »
    Who's the Aussie 9?

What would you rather happen? If the Exile is the better option, then why would you let him slip through the system?

an aboriginal lad Nathan something,hes coming over on a gap year and playing for Belvo I heard.

• Advertisement

Allen has been asked to join up with Connacht and Munster from what I hear. Happy to see his talent isn't going to waste, from what I was told by one of my friends who is involved in the Leinster 18s gym sessions, his 20s coach didn't like his attitude. As for the Australian 9 called Nathan, I hear he's average and might not make the 23.

Who's the Aussie 9?

No, but why Leinster! Surely it would make more sense to strengthen one of the other sides who don't have the numbers that Leinster do!!!

No, but why Leinster! Surely it would make more sense to strengthen one of the other sides who don't have the numbers that Leinster do!!!

At the end of the day, Leinster's priority is Leinster. They might rate this guy Dixon quite highly, and as such don't want him heading to another province. Leinster aren't exactly brimming with prospects at hooker. Delahunt is a converted tight-head and Donnellan sat behind Abbott for Ireland.

Anyway, I think Leinster5's point about Allen not impressing the coaches attitude wise might hold some truth. I saw on Cathal Marsh's twitter that he was getting on the wrong side of the coach by showing up late to training.

At the end of the day, Leinster's priority is Leinster. They might rate this guy Dixon quite highly, and as such don't want him heading to another province. Leinster aren't exactly brimming with prospects at hooker. Delahunt is a converted tight-head and Donnellan sat behind Abbott for Ireland.

Anyway, I think Leinster5's point about Allen not impressing the coaches attitude wise might hold some truth. I saw on Cathal Marsh's twitter that he was getting on the wrong side of the coach by showing up late to training.
    I just think it's a strange one. Have to wait and see Dixon play, but I'd certainly rate Allen over Donnellen and Delahunt based on this years performances. Pity Allen's attitude got in the way of his overall talent, as I didn't see him have a bad game all year, and I watched him quite a lot as well as Donnellan.

it was delahunt who was on the bench for ireland,donnellan didnt make the squad.
    Hadnt heard that about Allen

it was delahunt who was on the bench for ireland,donnellan didnt make the squad.
    Hadnt heard that about Allen

I meant at u18 level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

Anyone have any insight on a likely line up for Leinster's 20s? Will the likes of Dooley and Leavy feature?

Hype710 wrote: »
    Anyone have any insight on a likely line up for Leinster's 20s? Will the likes of Dooley and Leavy feature?
    Dooley, Leavy & Byrne aren't playing. Leinster will have a weak enough pack compared to Munster and Connacht if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

Dooley, Leavy & Byrne aren't playing. Leinster will have a weak enough pack compared to Munster and Connacht if I'm honest.

Why not? Post world cup? Any injuries?

Why not? Post world cup? Any injuries?
    Dooley is injured and Leavy doesn't want's to train with the academy. Allen has joined up with Connacht by the way.

• Advertisement

Dooley is injured and Leavy doesn't want's to train with the academy. Allen has joined up with Connacht by the way.

Id say its more that Leavy is in the senior plans than he doesnt want to play 20s,hes not a diva

Id say its more that Leavy is in the senior plans than he doesnt want to play 20s,hes not a diva
    Excuse my last post, made little sense. Leavy is currently training with the Academy and is looking to train with the Seniors rather than the 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Liveforrugby

What about byrne?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭RuPi

He was pictured training with the seniors so doubt it.

Did this not happen last year as well when Leinster didn't play their returning players in the inter pros such as McGrath? If anything it gives other lads a chance to put their hand up and allow the Irish coaches a chance to see a greater pool of players.

RuPi wrote: »
    He was pictured training with the seniors so doubt it.

Did this not happen last year as well when Leinster didn't play their returning players in the inter pros such as McGrath? If anything it gives other lads a chance to put their hand up and allow the Irish coaches a chance to see a greater pool of players.

yeah think thats more the reason

Byrne will be joining 20's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 392 ✭✭JagerScout

anyone who watched byrne knows he isnt ready for the big time. hype on him needs to be dialed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

JagerScout wrote: »
    anyone who watched byrne knows he isnt ready for the big time. hype on him needs to be dialed back.

Anyone who watched him in the New Zealand game in the JWC you mean, most of his games for Leinster A and even for the U20s weren't televised. No player at U20 level is ready for the big time but he has a lot more potential than most, I mean he's already played for Leinster.

Tox56 wrote: »
    Anyone who watched him in the New Zealand game in the JWC you mean, most of his games for Leinster A and even for the U20s weren't televised. No player at U20 level is ready for the big time but he has a lot more potential than most, I mean he's already played for Leinster.

Have to agree with jägerscout he is a bit over hyped and has regressed a little not impressive lately. Needs to improve and kick on this season still a young lad potential is there just needs to improve mentally and believe in himself big year ahead for him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Tox56 wrote: »

I think that foot injury really set him back. In the A game last October he looked immense but hasn't really re-discovered that form since. Wonder why no Molony? All the rest of the new academy guys are there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement