Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veggie meet up SATURDAY 27TH NOV - 5PM NEW TIME - HELL PIZZA

Options
  • 07-11-2010 6:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Gonna be having a forum meet up in Hell Pizza. Hell Pizza has a 2 for 1 deal for the month of November and the first ever veggie meet up was held there. Here is the website, it has vegan pizza. www.hell.ie

This thread is just for preliminary date/day suggestions and if there is good progress I'll update the title with the date, place and time. If nobody comes I'm eating 2 pizzas. Probably have a drink after.

So, when are you guys free?

Date? 13 votes

Friday 26th November
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 27th November
    23% 3 votes
    Sunday 28th November
    15% 2 votes
    Any
    15% 2 votes
    Other - Specify in Thread
    46% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

If nobody comes I'm eating 2 pizzas. Probably have a drink after.

So, when are you guys free?

Hunger strike....you're doin it wrong :P

I like pizza so I'm there!
    I vote thursdays for cheap drink, besides that I don't know when stuff will crop up for college so I'll just say I'm free whenever.

also we should go ice-skating sometime but that doesn't start till Nov 12th on arnotts rooftop and Dec 3rd for rds so maybe would be better another time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'm free after the 19th (it seems I have exams until then so lots of study:()

We could make an awesome night of it maybe? ice skating, then food, then drinks!:eek::D:cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Los is giddy after hearing that we might go to all three, wouldn't mind that myself :)

I'm free after the 19th (it seems I have exams until then so lots of study:()

We could make an awesome night of it maybe? ice skating, then food, then drinks!:eek::D:cool:

yess was waiting for someone else to say it :D

time for a subtle link..........

http://www.7upchristmasonice.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sounds amazing! But a thursday!! :O

I wanna go! I'll do my damnest...just need a lot of notice!!

YAY ICE SKATING WAHOOO!!!!

*sorry :D *

• Advertisement

Doesn't have to be a Thursday, I just threw that out there, depends whatever everyone else suggests here. What days are you most likely to be free Kellief?

Tuesday and Wednesday are my two free nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Feu

i'm pretty flexible with notice, but would prefer wednesdays/thursdays/fridays as on placement at the moment, so can't go too crazy during the week! [also after 19th like mon!]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

I'm sort of free on most days but mondays and wednesdays. Yay pizza ^_^

Well Wednesdays really suck for me as I dont get back home in Dublin until around 7, best days are usually end of the week (Thu/Fri/Sat).

So strange it'll be to have another veggie meet there, like Peas said, the first ever meet was there and the pizza was really nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

If I recall correctly someone was having difficulty finishing their pizza at that meet-up ;) I still remember how strange that dessert pizza looked!

If I recall correctly someone was having difficulty finishing their pizza at that meet-up ;) I still remember how strange that dessert pizza looked!
    :pac:

That someone didnt eat half as much as they do now you know;) Dessert pizza...may get one of those too this time!

Well Wednesdays really suck for me as I dont get back home in Dublin until around 7, best days are usually end of the week (Thu/Fri/Sat).

So strange it'll be to have another veggie meet there, like Peas said, the first ever meet was there and the pizza was really nice :)

Ye I think towards the end of the week/weekend is probably gona be better for most people. Too many early starts at the start of the week.

And what the hell is dessert pizza? :eek:

Whenever we decide to go, I'm not eating pizza again until then or I'll be in pizza rehab soon.

If I have enough notice Thursday is ok! I'll do my best! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anytime, anywhere.

I literally do nothing always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hyenabutter

If it's just not between the 18th and the 25th..:eek:
    Or are we talking about next Thursday? That would be awesome..

The way we work it is; we try to figure out a date that can suit all/most people interested in going, then set a venue...but since we have venues already, then the date is all that is needed. Not necessarily next Thurs, but we'll sort something out :)

If it was next Thurs, I wouldnt be there after 8:45pm anyway...going to a gig :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'll probably be able to come... busy for the next few weekends but weekdays are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

My boyfriend bought me 12 tickets for the laughter lounge and i need to use them before 20th. I *think* he told me I could sell the for €10, they are usually €25 and he got them half price.

So If anyone is interested in that as a night out?

only dates are..

Karl Spain Plus Guests
    thurs 11th/ friday 12th/ sat 13th November 2010

Geoff Boyz Plus Guests
    thurs 18th/ friday 19th/ Sat 20th November 2010

only i cant do friday 12th of sat 20th out of them.

Whatcha think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm interested, we can have two meetups, as not everybody can go to either.
    a comedy+food one and a iceskating+food one.

Possibly drinking after either or both(anybody now cheap places apart from ona thursday as we have fibbers then?)

Can probably go to one of those comedy gigs. I really wast to see <LOS'opinionhere> on the <LOS'opinionhere>th of november!

We can see what other people want date-wise, and can decide dates for both events then.
    Peoples dates clash so much, people need to be more like jim!

• Advertisement

I'd vote for either thursdays, I've more hope of a babysitter on thursdays!

but sure lets see what LOS's opinion here is :D

It's also fibbers day so either thursday is fine by me, weekends are good too

I've been told this thread was 'thread of the day' in the drop down menu :cool:

edit:

threadofthedayjpg.png

Jim wrote: »
    Anytime, anywhere.

I literally do nothing always.

I like this :D

Think it will have to be after the 19th since a few people have asked for that now. I might go to a gig on the 25th so that thursday mightn't be great.
    maameeo wrote: »
    My boyfriend bought me 12 tickets for the laughter lounge and i need to use them before 20th. I *think* he told me I could sell the for €10, they are usually €25 and he got them half price.

So If anyone is interested in that as a night out?

only dates are..

Karl Spain Plus Guests
    thurs 11th/ friday 12th/ sat 13th November 2010

Geoff Boyz Plus Guests
    thurs 18th/ friday 19th/ Sat 20th November 2010

only i cant do friday 12th of sat 20th out of them.

Whatcha think?

oooo

so it's Thurs 11th/sat 13th/thurs 18th/fri 19th

I've no preference for which act, anybody any opinions?
    Hyenabutter you said you would be around this Thursday, anyone else around then? Or the 18th would be good.
    I'm interested, we can have two meetups, as not everybody can go to either.
    a comedy+food one and a iceskating+food one.

Possibly drinking after either or both(anybody now cheap places apart from ona thursday as we have fibbers then?)

Can probably go to one of those comedy gigs. I really wast to see <LOS'opinionhere> on the <LOS'opinionhere>th of november!

We can see what other people want date-wise, and can decide dates for both events then.
    Peoples dates clash so much, people need to be more like jim!

possibly drinking?!

You've told everyone else there's drinking except me haven't you :mad: :P

so for ice-skating/pizza it will have to be after 19th looks like?

Fri 19th/sat20th/wed24th/fri26th???

we don't wanna leave it toooo far away though right.
    And I don't know about earlier in the week, I wouldn't mind if that's when people are free since we've probably more of a chance of finding somewhere with some drinks deals then, if people can't make the Thursdays.

I'd vote for either thursdays, I've more hope of a babysitter on thursdays!

but sure lets see what LOS's opinion here is :D

Lol my ears were burning good today!
    yeyeye leave the decision to the most indecisive person in the world why don't ya :pac:

Everyone else let us know what days after the 19th are good for you!

I'd be up for the comedy thing also. No preference as to which. Not mad on Karl Spain and have no idea who the other lot are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 hyenabutter

Ah maybe just clearly MARK the definite date then..
    and I'll see what I can do. The 18-25th will just REALLY not work for me as I'm not in the country but down in Mordor...just see and keep my opinion out of the consideration :pac:

The comedy thing sounds good, but the only date I'm free there is 20th :(

Thurs I have a ball to go to in college, Fri a party, Sat a gig....and the next week on 18th is another gig, 19th meeting a mate I've not seen in aaaaaages! And that leaves 20th as free sadly.

I know this can't suit everyone, but I guess more than one meet could work ^_^

who'd be up for the laughter lounge this thurs? I'll have to ring soon as they are open tickets so need to make sure they have room for us.

Ah maybe just clearly MARK the definite date then..
    and I'll see what I can do. The 18-25th will just REALLY not work for me as I'm not in the country but down in Mordor...just see and keep my opinion out of the consideration :pac:

No definite date to mark till people get more decisive!

Maybe the pizza/ice-skating would be best left till after the 25th as it will take a bit of organising to get tickets etc. Just that the 2 for one deal is only available for November afaik, actually I might just check that coz I only saw it advertised in totally dublin magazine.

who'd be up for the laughter lounge this thurs? I'll have to ring soon as they are open tickets so need to make sure they have room for us.

If it's this Thursday, probably myself, Tar, Jim around, Hyenabutter? unless anybody else opts in (please do!)
    If it's the 20th MoN around then, maybe more people will opt in by then but maybe that Saturday doesn't suit you. I think you should just pick either this Thurs, next Thurs or Sat 20th!

For the ice-skating food, can we vote for dates between the 20th and end of month.

Good to see all the people interested so far :)

• Advertisement

--LOS-- wrote: »
    If it's this Thursday, probably myself, Tar, Jim around, Hyenabutter?)

Oh, you just assume I'm free on Thursday? Pfft

....I am free.

Advertisement