Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

Paulcon93 wrote: »
    I got a notification yesterday stating that i needed to update my payment method. Tried to use my Revolut and Irish debit card to no luck using the VPN method for Turkey.

Any idea as to what i can do next? Or will i just keep trying with Revolut virtual cards?

Did you try without the VPN?
    I changed payment details twice in the past few months no problem without VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

wiz569 wrote: »

I haven't actually but how do you access Turkish Netflix without a VPN i just keep getting re-directed to the Irish one anytime i attempt to access the Turkish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

wiz569 wrote: »

Also curious as to what you mean here.

Have you being paying turkey prices for the last few years and now just login to Irish Netflix to update CC details with your Irish credit card or revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭BlackMask93

Ok so I think it worked for me.

After entering Turkish Netflix without VPN , inputting debit card details and it seems to have gone through. Revolut wouldn’t work no matter what type of card I used virtual, physical or disposable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭wiz569

I haven't actually but how do you access Turkish Netflix without a VPN i just keep getting re-directed to the Irish one anytime i attempt to access the Turkish site.
    quazzy wrote: »
    Also curious as to what you mean here.

Have you being paying turkey prices for the last few years and now just login to Irish Netflix to update CC details with your Irish credit card or revolut?

Just head to netflix.com without your VPN on and sign in then you can do what you need to from there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Folks,
    What VPN are you using?
    I'm about to sign up for hola but it's $14.99 a month so would that not wipe out any savings that changing to Turkish/Argentinian Netflix would give ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

tom1ie wrote:
    Folks, What VPN are you using? I'm about to sign up for hola but it's $14.99 a month so would that not wipe out any savings that changing to Turkish/Argentinian Netflix would give ya?

Do us a favour and read the OP.

You don't need a paid VPN.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do us a favour and read the OP.

You don't need a paid VPN.

I have read the OP.
    you have to pay for that VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

tom1ie wrote: »
    I have read the OP.
    you have to pay for that VPN.

You just need the vpn to signup to netflix, after that you can remove it. So there is no vpn sub required to keep using your Turkish netflix sub. There should be a free version or trail for Hola, enough to get you signup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

same for windscribe . you get 2gbs a month free when you sign up.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    You just need the vpn to signup to netflix, after that you can remove it. So there is no vpn sub required to keep using your Turkish netflix sub. There should be a free version or trail for Hola, enough to get you signup.

Thank you for taking the time to explain that, very helpful.
    I have cancelled my Netflix sub and will now follow the rest of the instructions when the sun runs out.

gussieg wrote: »
    same for windscribe . you get 2gbs a month free when you sign up.

What's windscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

I got a notification yesterday stating that i needed to update my payment method. Tried to use my Revolut and Irish debit card to no luck using the VPN method for Turkey.

Any idea as to what i can do next? Or will i just keep trying with Revolut virtual cards?

I had to update my payment details also and both my real & disposable Revolut cards were rejected numerous times, regardless of trying to update with a vpn or not.

I contacted Netflix via the ‘contact us’ link in the update payment email, choose the option of ‘other reason’ and successfully updated payment details with my real Revolut card number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭gussieg

Windscribe is another vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

jc77 wrote: »
    I had to update my payment details also and both my real & disposable Revolut cards were rejected numerous times, regardless of trying to update with a vpn or not.

I contacted Netflix via the ‘contact us’ link in the update payment email, choose the option of ‘other reason’ and successfully updated payment details with my real Revolut card number.

Can you post that link please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

TL gift card prices are down again to 11.30-ish
    https://www.g2a.com/netflix-gift-card-100-tl-turkey-i10000006307013

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

What vpn are people using successfully these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Ush1 wrote: »
    Can you post that link please?

https://help.netflix.com/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Setanter wrote: »

I used Proton a few weeks ago. Got the paid version, it's something like a fiver a month. They have a trail too, so you can sign up and immediately cancel and it'll do you for the Netflix switch

• Registered Users Posts: 18,074 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Worked like a charm with Revolut. Thanks OP!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Setanter wrote: »

I used SurfShark but I have subscription so its fully paid version if that makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Wow...
    I have tried adding Revolut so many times and it has always been rejected by NF. I haven't tried in a few months now, but I just gave it a go and it worked straight away, dafunck.
    I did not use a vpn, just logged in to NF Ire and changed payment details for Turkish NF account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I hope the MODS don't mind me posting a link to a thread quite like this one except for HBOMAX for around 5 euro per month for anyway interested

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058197295

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Wow...
    I have tried adding Revolut so many times and it has always been rejected by NF. I haven't tried in a few months now, but I just gave it a go and it worked straight away, dafunck.
    I did not use a vpn, just logged in to NF Ire and changed payment details for Turkish NF account.

Where can you change it to a Turkish nf account?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It won't accept any of my Debit or Credit card's for some reason...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭lordsheepface

Has anyone had any recent success with revolut and turkish vpn? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

• Advertisement

I have 4 screens. Its around €17 in Ireland and I think I pay around €6 or so for the same package using Turkish netflix vouchers

Advertisement