Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friendship

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Love bombing. Do you know that thing that can occur when you start dating someone? They are all over you physically and emotionally. The moon and the stars are promised. Suddenly they are gone and your left thinking wtf just happened.

Well can it occur with friendships too?

I think it can occur with friendships, probably any kind of relationship really.

Who love bombed you Perse, you can tell us :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    I think it can occur with friendships, probably any kind of relationship really.

Who love bombed you Perse, you can tell us :D

Probably Redneck :D

Ok you two are banned from this thread. Its supposed to be a thought provoking discussion!

:p

Ok you two are banned from this thread. Its supposed to be a thought provoking discussion!

:p

We're just trying to get you to have an original thought Perse...buns and scraggy bay have softened your already dull intellectual reflexes....i say this as a friend!
    :D:D

We're just trying to get you to have an original thought Perse...buns and scraggy bay have softened your already dull intellectual reflexes....i say this as a friend!

Ok grand but....buns??

• Advertisement

Ok grand but....buns??

Cakes ..not your saggy ass
    :P

Ok grand but....buns??
    Cakes ..not your saggy ass
    :P

The line between friendship and erotic impulse has been hoovered up.

The line between friendship and erotic impulse has been hoovered up.

Bertie there's something you should know about Panda, if it isn't obvious already. He is a absolutely obsessed with me but is unable to express his desire in a mature manner. So he resorts to these strange.....jibes.

Bertie there's something you should know about Panda, if it isn't obvious already. He is a absolutely obsessed with me but is unable to express his desire in a mature manner. So he resorts to these strange.....jibes.

Sorry Bertie...I thought it was painfully obvious I was obsessed with emotionally stunted forty-something saggy booty'd women with an over fondness for cheap IPA....I'll try to make my pent up sexual frustrations more visible from now on.. :P

Sorry Bertie...I thought it was painfully obvious I was obsessed with emotionally stunted forty-something saggy booty'd women with an over fondness for cheap IPA....I'll try to make my pent up sexual frustrations more visible from now on.. :P

Bertie can I just clarify; Panda in his dotage is experiencing a lot of confusion. He hasn't had any visitors since his nursing home locked down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Lucky Lou

I've been having a think about the people in my life and what constitutes a friend. I am in the camp of quality over quantity and prefer a few close friends to a large group of acquaintances. A lot have gone from my life down through the years and I wonder about that. I don't just mean growing apart but actual stuff happening and one or both of us realising that this isn't a friendship we want.
    Someone close to me recently made the good point that not everyone wants or is able for long term attachment. I think I have definitely experienced this dynamic.

For me what makes a friend is a person who is loyal, who is kind, has a sense of humour and can have a laugh, who will listen and is reliable.
    That's what I offer so I expect the same back.
    Tell me great contributors of AH what do you look for in a friendship? Are you content with a fellow shooter of the breeze or do you want your intellect challenged? A yes man/woman or an honest view?

Do you have any sad or funny friendship stories you'd like to share?

Friendship is hard to define.
    I have friends that I have known since school. We can be so close then drift apart the reunite like its been yesterday.
    I have friends through work that I wouldnt really meet if it wasnt for work occassions.
    I have friends that became friends through circumstance.
    I have friends who I have met online but not really friends as we have never met.
    It all depends on your perspective really.

Advertisement