Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crooked teeth

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Dubwat

@ One Eyed Jack:
    I have a 'wet Wednesday in november' test that can be applied to most things.

I'd rather spend a 'wet Wednesday in November' in the company of a funny/interesting person with physical flaws than someone who was 'perfect' (whatever that means) but who also was boring/had no personality...
    Ahh, right, I'm still not quite getting the point of it but I know what you mean, and as you say indeed a person's mileage may vary. For example I'm in a long term relationship, and to me looks are just as important as personality.

If the OP has an issue with this girls physical appearance now, that's not going to lend itself to a long term relationship either way, no matter how fantastic her personality.

One of my friends who had an issue with her teeth and was very self-conscious of the fact, no amount of telling her that the more she was focussed on it, the more other people would focus on it, and even when she spent €2k on braces to fix the issue, she was still self-conscious of the issue and would constantly roll her tongue in front of her teeth, ask did they look ok, etc, she was even worse than she was before.

Eventually her personality and her behaviour had changed to a point where it was just a pain in the arse to spend any length of time in her company.
    Sounds like he's been going out with the girl for awhile. Maybe he's a teenager and another girl has turned his head?

Now I'm confused. On the one hand, looks are equal to personality in your opinion. Then you cite a girl who got so obsessed with her appearance that her personality changed and she 'changed to a point where it was just a pain in the arse to spend any length of time in her company'.

In long term relationships, lets not forget farting, snoring, toilet seat up/down, toothpaste cap on/off, butter in fridge or not, etc etc.... Nobody's perfect!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,918 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It seems to be an AH truism that you can be good-looking/slim/have nice teeth/whatever is the physical ideal du jour OR be sound. And that's it.

Loads of people have both, y'know. It's not an either/or situation. So, given the choice (which all of us are), I'll go for someone with a great personality *and* the "look" I like. I don't really get why everyone goes on as if they're mutually exclusive states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,206 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Dubwat wrote: »
    @ One Eyed Jack:
    I have a 'wet Wednesday in november' test that can be applied to most things.

I'd rather spend a 'wet Wednesday in November' in the company of a funny/interesting person with physical flaws than someone who was 'perfect' (whatever that means) but who also was boring/had no personality...

It's easy know what perfect means - someone whom you find physically irresistible. As you said earlier - each person's mileage is going to vary in that respect, and I have an even simpler test - if I can't bear to look at the person, I'm not going to be too interested in finding out anything else about their personality. Shallow as a puddle me, and no shame in admitting that fact :D

Thankfully, I've never come across either extreme where someone was physically irresistible and had no personality, or vice versa - physically repellant with a cracking personality. I'm somewhat lucky in that regard in that many of my friends are physically irresistible, with cracking personalities.

Sounds like he's been going out with the girl for awhile. Maybe he's a teenager and another girl has turned his head?

Dunno tbh, he seems like the silent type himself, having not really contributed to the thread himself since :p

Now I'm confused. On the one hand, looks are equal to personality in your opinion. Then you cite a girl who got so obsessed with her appearance that her personality changed and she 'changed to a point where it was just a pain in the arse to spend any length of time in her company'.

Yes, she was self-conscious about her appearance before, but it was bearable, I hadn't thought anything of her teeth before she pointed out that one of her front teeth was out of alignment, but you literally had to look at it sideways and really, really closely to see it. After the treatment with braces to rectify the issue, she became unbearably obsessive about it. I simply couldn't take it any more, having said it to her numerous times already. There's only so many times anyone should have to reassure someone.

In long term relationships, lets not forget farting, snoring, toilet seat up/down, toothpaste cap on/off, butter in fridge or not, etc etc.... Nobody's perfect!

Which quite frankly would get on my tits an awful lot more were my wife not physically irresistible with a cracking personality. I make allowances for putting up with the trivial times when I'm annoyed by her lack of consideration. I don't know what her explanation for the reasons she's still with me are, but I dare not draw her attention to that question in case she starts wondering the same question herself! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

If you'd put yer Lad in her mouth, whats the problem with her teeth then ?

21/25

doulikeit wrote: »
    Extra teeth, brilliant compliant, do you know what she is going to say to you when you are both old geezers and she eating curley worleys and you banana sandwiches, up ur bollix gummy

I'm still cracking up at this, fcukin hilarious
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm still cracking up at this, fcukin hilarious
    lol

Made me chuckle out loud too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,673 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

myshirt wrote: »
    On a scale of 1 to like that girl on Jeremy Kyle, how bad are we talking op?

Jeez that's bad, those teeth could do serious damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Pyridine

deex wrote: »
    Speaking as a girl who has fairly crooked teeth... if my boyfriend wasn't attracted to me as a result of my smile, I would honestly rather he just broke up with me than if he tried to get me to 'fix' them.

It sounds bizarre but for me, it's something which I cannot currently afford to change, so all I can do is just try to accept them, and it's something I'm really insecure about. Knowing that someone I really cared about disliked my smile so much that they didn't like looking at my face would be such a painful thing to hear and to try to comprehend (knowing I can't do anything to change it right now) ... being dumped and not knowing the reason would actually be preferable!

Whatever you do, just try to do it sensitively.

Have you been seeing your bf for ages?
    Do you get on so well?
    Do you enjoy all the same things?
    Have you ever had a row?

If the answer to all these questions is "Yes" then Deex, may I introduce your bf!

Have a nice Sunday now folks! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Was caught reading replies to this post. Thhought I was gonna end up with crooked broken teeth.

She was aware I didnt like them. Was going to get them fixed. Ave actually told her not unless ishe really wants too. Some replies here "fantastic". Dont even about crooked teeth anymore.

Will both be eating gummy beers with dentures eventually :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

Pyridine wrote: »
    Have you been seeing your bf for ages?
    Do you get on so well?
    Do you enjoy all the same things?
    Have you ever had a row?

If the answer to all these questions is "Yes" then Deex, may I introduce your bf!

Have a nice Sunday now folks! :D

I've never been so relieved that my bf and I have only been seeing each other a short time, have rows all the time, get on terribly and enjoy opposite things - phew :p

Advertisement