Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Rockets

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Eddies Rocks It! Mr H2u and myself are big fans.

Chicken wings to share. Footlong and cheesy fries with a coke float. Pretend to be Danny and Sandy for an hour. What's not to like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Must try that Biker breakfast at some stage judging by all the recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭superblu

Was the most hungover man in Ireland last Sunday. Hit Eddie rockets on Wexford street in Dublin. Double take with Swiss chili fries and a vanilla malt. Delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Empty pockets.
    A nice place, but expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Anyone ever eat in the one in Navan?

Filthy, is the only word to describe it.

Glasses, plates, toilets.....everything.

Deadly serious, place should come with a health warning(or a mop)

• Advertisement

mishkalucy wrote: »
    Anyone ever eat in the one in Navan?

Filthy, is the only word to describe it.

Glasses, plates, toilets.....everything.

Deadly serious, place should come with a health warning(or a mop)

we have 3 in limerick the one in town is horrid dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I asked for a clean glass in there because the one given to me had a lump of someone else backwashed burger stuck in it.

Girl was none to please with this and proceeded to wipe out very same glass that she had just mopped up icecream off the floor with:eek:

She then handed me back the glass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My boyfriend dreams of the smokestack burger, the one with onion rings in it. I am a veggie and their veggie burger is quite nice, very filling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Eddies Rocks It! Mr H2u and myself are big fans.

Chicken wings to share. Footlong and cheesy fries with a coke float. Pretend to be Danny and Sandy for an hour. What's not to like ?

Apparently, if you're dead inside it's awful.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Btw, I always thought Eddie Rockets was a rip-off of Jokers in Greystones (before it became a chipper)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

lizt wrote: »
    Eddie's secret sauce is amazing, that's why!

It's probably jizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I don't mind Eddie rockets but can't for the life of me understand the fuss about Nandos ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Sky King wrote: »
    It's a rip off of Johnny Rockets - actually not so much a rip off as blatant idea theft.

http://www.johnnyrockets.com/aboutus/

Anyway at 8.50 including bottomless coffee the biker breakfast is fly.

Total rip alright saw that before though the food itself looks truly bottom of the barrell there. Can't picture many yanks indulging, the chain is just old school diner eye candy I think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I really, really want a milkshake now! Damn you all.

I quite like the veggie burger actually. Apparently it's made by the same people who do Dee's Burgers? Remember reading that somewhere,

The shakes are good alright but it's a standard that should be expected, the guido cartels would wanna scrub up with their weird syrupy ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

subway wrote: »
    I'd go more if they cooked the ****ing chips once in a while.

Says Subway. Normally I love Subway, so this kind of sh1te annoys the f3ck out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

syklops wrote: »
    Says Subway. Normally I love Subway, so this kind of sh1te annoys the f3ck out of me!
    They don't do chips in Subway....?

Or am I missing the joke? I'm tired so probably :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

It's meh

they bung a sausage in a bap n call it a hot dog! a finely honed craft, down teh years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

LH Pathe wrote: »
    they bung a sausage in a bap n call it a hot dog! a finely honed craft, down teh years.

I don't think the phrase 'bung a sausage in' should ever be used to describe food

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

just had a eddie rocketts and it was fcuking amazing man..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I like Eddie Rockets. Make sure to order the single scoop of ice cream for (i think its) 1.50 and a glass of tap water (+ where are your toilets?). They love it when you do that.

I don't think the phrase 'bung a sausage in' should ever be used to describe food

I don't think the action 'bung a sausage in' should ever be used to treat food

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭dango

For the people complaining of small portions. Do you know the amount of calories in their food??

Delicious though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Eddie Rockets is a rip off of the Roadhouse in Carlow.

INCORRECT!

Buddy Cadillacs was the original.
    Both Eddie Rockets and The Roadhouse are rip-offs.

It's all detailed in my book, 'The Irish Diner Wars'.
    Interesting chaper in Irish history actually, when competition between fast-food outlets almost escaleted into a bloody gangland feud.

Eddie Rockets is a direct copy of Johnny Rockets, no joke google it.. but better quality food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

syklops wrote: »
    Says Subway. Normally I love Subway

Not sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but I think that all Subway shops have a bad smell in them. It's some foodstuff, obviously, but just a manky smell overall. Been in Subway in Dublin, Chicago, Shanghai... etc etc.... same smell everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Brokentime wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but I think that all Subway shops have a bad smell in them. It's some foodstuff, obviously, but just a manky smell overall. Been in Subway in Dublin, Chicago, Shanghai... etc etc.... same smell everywhere.

You gotta look at the common factor here.
    Perhaps it's you that stinks and not Subway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

You gotta look at the common factor here.
    Perhaps it's you that stinks and not Subway.

... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Brokentime wrote: »
    it sure if anyone agrees with me on this, but I think that all Subway shops have a bad smell in them. It's some foodstuff, obviously, but just a manky smell overall. Been in Subway in Dublin, Chicago, Shanghai... etc etc.... same smell everywhere.

it's that special sauce again..

n it always has a mysterious pink hue

Advertisement