Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicest Whiskey

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Currently have a crested ten to start on tonight,
    Recently getting back in to whiskeys have to say teelings is on my list for Christmas ,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Had a bottle of Wisers whisky,beautiful stuff. Don't know where I got it but can't get it anywhere I've looked. It's in a square bottle. Any help??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Had a bottle of Wisers whisky,beautiful stuff. Don't know where I got it but can't get it anywhere I've looked. It's in a square bottle. Any help??

Just had some in a bar in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ah you can't beat a sup of Kilbeggan, nicest Whiskey I've tasted

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Or Jameson Crested Ten

I'm also a fan.

Got it in a Tesco deal Dec 2014 for 25 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Just had some in a bar in Canada

Lucky you. mmmmm:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Azza89 wrote: »
    Redbreast 21 year old. Just so much going on flavour wise

This 100 times over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Im not a spirit drinker. Especially raw. . But i do enjoy a well diluted JD or paddys with cola

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Futureadvocate

Redbreast 12 is great.

Not much mention of the Cooley stuff here,I've never had the opportunity myself.The Greenore and Tyrconnell Madeira 10 is supposed to be great.
    An exciting time for Irish Whiskey in the years ahead.Looking forward to the 1st batch of Teelings produced in Dublin.

As for Scotch,i wouldn't buy it on principle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭DrFloppy

Talisker 57 North every time. Peaty, cask strength... delicious.

Edit for whiskey nerds: not actually cask strength. Manipulated to 57% abv. Always wondered why it was so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Most Powers, yes.

John's Lane is a fantastic whiskey. Jim Murray spoke very highly of it in the whiskey bible a year or two ago.
    Normal Powers is rough? I must like me a bit of rough, then. My very first exposure to it was a tasting session covering the usual suspects, and it was my favourite. The John's Lane was very nice, but I don't know if it justifies being 3x the price.

I don't have the budget for single malt Scotch, but the Highland Black from Aldi is a solid blended whisky on a budget.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Blackbush is also a very very acceptable everyday supping whiskey. It's quite smooth

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Give me a seat in Neary's and a Yellow Spot and all is good with the world.

Am partial to some turf too, some great stuff comes out of Islay.

Hibiki 12 is very nice too, the bottle alone is a thing of beauty.

Advertisement