Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BMW drivers

Options
  • 07-03-2019 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Seriously, has there ever been a group of people more determined to live up to a stereotype ? I just nearly got totalled, because a Beemer driver coming the other way just couldn't bear to stay behind a learner (as in, one getting lessons) for another 10 seconds, and had to overtake them in an estate full of parked cars, he somehow made it back onto his side of the road before we had a head on collision. I'm sure it didn't do the learner much good either....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought all the **** drove Audis now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Confirmation bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I don't think its down to a "make of car" driver.its just some drivers are f u ckwits and don't give a **** about anyone else on the road. particularly the ones that don't use their indicators.assholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Not all of them. Most still cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

TreyAz wrote: »
    Seriously, has there ever been a group of people more determined to live up to a stereotype ? I just nearly got totalled, because a Beemer driver coming the other way just couldn't bear to stay behind a learner (as in, one getting lessons) for another 10 seconds, and had to overtake them in an estate full of parked cars, he somehow made it back onto his side of the road before we had a head on collision. I'm sure it didn't do the learner much good either....
    Not all of them. Most still cycle.

Bahahahhaha. Nearly spilled my tea. Made me laugh out loud :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When you see an Irish reg BMW with the German font on it you know you’re dealing with a massive ****.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Totaled?

Christ that brings back childhood memories...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I thought they didn't indicate...... They don't know what the stalk does and get so confused if they do indicate they go the opposite way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I nearly scratched my MSport this evening because some uppity peasant wouldn't get out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

It's always the ones that can't afford them giving out about them I find

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Not just bmw drivers, my partner is learning to drive and every time we are out in the car some asshole is trying to overtake just Caus they spot the L plates and she drives within the speed limit, how I know is I get the same when I drive her car, beeping flashing behind the car with headlights.

Driving in Ireland is shocking, my job is spent most days in the car and it’s no wonder our road death toll is so high!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TreyAz

To be fair, in this case you are right. But common sense and (road) manners are free 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

bri007 wrote: »
    Not just bmw drivers, my partner is learning to drive and every time we are out in the car some asshole is trying to overtake just Caus they spot the L plates and she drives within the speed limit, how I know is I get the same when I drive her car, beeping flashing behind the car with headlights.

Driving in Ireland is shocking, my job is spent most days in the car and it’s no wonder our road death toll is so high!

And Ireland annually has the 4th lowest road deaths in Europe! Mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

What's the problem? The driver overtook a slower driver and got back onto the correct side of the road by your own admission. Tells me this bimmer driver had pretty good perception of the situation.

Reati wrote: »
    What's the problem? The driver overtook a slower driver and got back onto the correct side of the road by your own admission. Tells me this bimmer driver had pretty good perception of the situation.

Or maybe hes a terrible driver and the Ultimate Driving Machine saved his bacon, how can we know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,611 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Or maybe hes a terrible driver and the Ultimate Driving Machine saved his bacon, how can we know ?

I can't know because I wasn't there. But from your description he did OK.

I can't know because I wasn't there. But from your description he did OK.

Maybe I described it very badly then, or you have a very exciting daily commute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Our road deaths are very low
    bri007 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

This is the kind of stereotype you’ll hear in Ireland, usually from the usual sorts who think everybody should be bounding around in Opel Corsas or Toyota Yarises. Boring cars and moribund dreams. The kind of people who leave their “bags for life” in the boot all the time. I live in Germany, where ambition and enjoying the finer things in life isn’t seen as showing off but rather enjoying the spoils of your hard labour.

My brother loves taking the piss out of me for driving a BMW, saying we're all bad drivers and that the indicators are optional et cetera. Bit rich from a man who’s written off so many Fiestas he should be speaking Spanish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Large cars (not just BMWs) seem to instil far too much confidence and a sense of entitlement into some drivers. The level of aggression and impatience that so many people display while cocooned behind the wheel of 'high status' cars is very unpleasant. If you're in a hurry to get somewhere, then leave earlier; don't view other road users as obstacles. If you wouldn't scream at someone for bumping into you or dawdling in the aisle in Dunnes, then don't blast your horn at someone who makes a mistake or takes a couple of seconds too long to move away at the traffic lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

Bit rich from a man who’s written off so many Fiestas he should be speaking Spanish.

That made me laugh out loud!

Maybe I described it very badly then, or you have a very exciting daily commute

You described it very well. But I fail to see how the incident can be linked to BMW drivers as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

don't blast your horn at someone who makes a mistake

That's.....what it's for :pac:

Large cars (not just BMWs) seem to instil far too much confidence and a sense of entitlement into some drivers. The level of aggression and impatience that so many people display while cocooned behind the wheel of 'high status' cars is very unpleasant. If you're in a hurry to get somewhere, then leave earlier; don't view other road users as obstacles. If you wouldn't scream at someone for bumping into you or dawdling in the aisle in Dunnes, then don't blast your horn at someone who makes a mistake or takes a couple of seconds too long to move away at the traffic lights.

It must be bedlam when two or more high status cars meet.

The kind of people who leave their “bags for life” in the boot all the time.

You should really submit that to the BMW marketing department for their next ad ! (well obviously to describe the aspirations of drivers who choose other brands !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

BMW's aren't even nice to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

yeah.

73r054htS2gS.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

This is the kind of stereotype you’ll hear in Ireland, usually from the usual sorts who think everybody should be bounding around in Opel Corsas or Toyota Yarises. Boring cars and moribund dreams.

Well, I looked up 'moribund' in my dictionary and it said:

"Moribund - adjective About to die or dying."

I ask you, is this car about to die?

toyyarisd4d_750_500_70.jpg

No, it's 20 years old and still going strong, having never let its owner down.

So, Mr Von Bismarck, that proves that you are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Beemer drivers are probably in a hurry to get to their destination before another expensive fault occurs when they still have years of a car loan to pay off.

But yeah, Audi's are at least as bad, more so when they've a nordie plate on them.

Had an ignorant beemer drive to the top of a queue of cars this morning and cut in... middle aged, middle management, middle IQ prick in a white shirt thinking his position in his company translates to anything outside the walls of the little corporate pond he brown nosed his way up in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Beemer drivers are probably in a hurry to get to their destination before another expensive fault occurs when they still have years of a car loan to pay off.

But yeah, Audi's are at least as bad, more so when they've a nordie plate on them.

Had an ignorant beemer drive to the top of a queue of cars this morning and cut in... middle aged, middle management, middle IQ prick in a white shirt thinking his position in his company translates to anything outside the walls of the little corporate pond he brown nosed his way up in.

You could tell all that from his car and shirt...good effort.

Advertisement