Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Actor Jussie Smollett Facing Prison Time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Oh good, another thread where we get discussion about "sides" rather than the incident.

Trevor Noah on point - "too many people jumping on a story that confirms your biases"

On topic, this guy deserves to have the book thrown at him (he says as a lefty libtard, snowflake, SJW :rolleyes:)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Cienciano wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, the victimhood culture is inbelievable. Everyone wants to be one and if you're not, fake it.
    On a similar note, if you're successful, especially in America, you have to pretend you had it tough when you were young and no one believed in you

It's like nature flipped on its head.

What right minded person aspires to be seen as weak and fragile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Another libtard bits the dust:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Reminds me of the scene in The Soprano's of the rapper that wanted to get famous so he hired the guys to shoot him and they shot him in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Two ''rednecks'' as Smollett described wandering the streets of Chicago at 2am in sub zero temps looking for a gay black man to lynch.
    Nigerian rednecks they were too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's like nature flipped on its head.

What right minded person aspires to be seen as weak and fragile?

Even Donald and Ivanka Trump have tried to make out they had it tough. They battled the odds and became successful. It's weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Even Donald and Ivanka Trump have tried to make out they had it tough. They battled the odds and became successful. It's weird.
    Of course Donald has had it tough, it cant have been easy growing up looking like a fat wotsit.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Everyone loves a rags to riches story, however made-up -American dream and all that. Like all major IT companies started in a garage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Trump will ride this all the way to 2020 and beyond.

Imagine how self absorbed you'd have to be to try and pull this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

What's even more bizzare.

The 2 guys had also acted in Empire.
    The night before, they gave it a trial run, and are caught on camera doing so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,764 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Turned himself in now.

What a gimp ! Not to mention those running after the bandwagon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well **** me, looks like he was one of the kids in The Mighty Ducks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The idea that there were MAGA heads wandering around Chicago of all places with a noose was fishy enough. You might as well wear a swastica in Tel Aviv.

And or them to be out in -20 degree temperatures was even more far-fetched.

This guy needs jailing for the false report and some extra added on for being such a dumbass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

American Media, from Hollywood to New York, is in the toilet!

Trump will win in 2020...they (by they I mean the established press and established politicians ) haven't learned a thing!

The US media has reported everything to do with this event, no? From initial reports of the attack to the current suspicions about the veracity of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The US media has reported everything to do with this event, no? From initial reports of the attack to the current suspicions about the veracity of the story.

He sent himself a hate letter. It got no traction, so he went to stage II of his "cunning plan".

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/19/jessie-smollett-letter-brothers-attack/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well **** me, looks like he was one of the kids in The Mighty Ducks.

Quack, quack, quack
    ..THE FLYING V

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

He tweeted this less than 1 month ago :o:o
    https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett/status/1089534414546239495

And from the comments...

DzklrxtWwAEqhOx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Scarinae wrote: »
    Do they have any idea why he would stage this sort of attack? Was it meant to boost his fame or something? :confused: (I'll admit that I'd never heard of him)

Presumably a flagrantly narcissistic attention seeking ploy designed to elicit sympathy and victim hood from a hate crime which backfired.
    He was stopped in 2007 for a DUI and gave his younger brothers name and signed under that name trying to throw him under the bus. He was caught out and charged.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

evil_seed wrote: »
    Reminds me of the scene in The Soprano's of the rapper that wanted to get famous so he hired the guys to shoot him and they shot him in the ass.

He is already famous, the show Empire does well in ratings, music albums etc.,

He is idiot though for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,234 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He is already famous, the show Empire does well in ratings, music albums etc.,

He is idiot though for this

< idiot level

< DUP level

< UK Brexit negotiation team level

< man who used hammer on battery level

< Holocaust deniers level

< Flat Earthers level

< Jussie Smollett level

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Tbh as soon as I heard MAGA hats I became suspicious.

I'd say it immediately threw up red flags for the police too, with the amount of false reports they receive.

Two ''rednecks'' as Smollett described wandering the streets of Chicago at 2am in sub zero temps looking for a gay black man to lynch.

and saying, "Hey, it's that guy from Empire, the show that all white alt-right Trumpers watch religiously, to the extent that we recognise him in the street!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,120 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

statesaver wrote: »
    Journalists ? Just like here in Ireland, US journos are just activists.

No such thing as investigating journalism any more. Group think and fear of being called a racist has killed that.

There also something similar on the other side going on in the likes of Fox, Breitbart.

I just love how some couldn't wait to be seen to be supporting this guy online, only then to have to sheepishly remove content and disappear.

BTW WTF is a MAGA hat ?

Now can anyone get more acronyms into the one sentence. :o

jmayo wrote: »
    There also something similar on the other side going on in the likes of Fox, Breitbart.

I just love how some couldn't wait to be seen to be supporting this guy online, only then to have to sheepishly remove content and disappear.

BTW WTF is a MAGA hat ?

Now can anyone get more acronyms into the one sentence. :o

Make America Great Again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

This eejit cynically exploited the current political climate for personal gain. Muppet.

The media seems to have reported everything though as they received the information. I’m not seeing any great conspiracy. If he reported it to police and is a fairly well-known actor over there, of course it would be news.

This eejit cynically exploited the current political climate for personal gain. Muppet.

The media seems to have reported everything though as they received the information. I’m not seeing any great conspiracy. If he reported it to police and is a fairly well-known actor over there, of course it would be news.

"Jussie Smollett: Empire star 'staged hoax attack over salary'"

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47311145

What a wanker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Anyone see Ellen Page on The Late Night with Stephen Colbert ? Embarrassing.
    I hope she apologizes for being totally fúcking wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

He's a narcissist. He gave multiple overly dramatic interviews with crocodile tears defending himself.

The description of the attack was so pedestrian. Bleach, a rope and the N word. It really ticked every box.

He probably won't serve time but his career is over. Trying to further divide groups of people for your own personal gain is such a cowardly and shameful act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

For a person to do what this insufferable c*unt has done, drives me up the wall and takes away from real crimes committed against certain groups, it says it all about the state of U.S, Trump is used as a scapegoat for sh*T like this. comical.

I read that the Chicago Police told him they arrested 2 suspects, he agreed to sign a complaint. Only when he found out it was the brothers he hired, he refused. He was prepared to send 2 innocent White lads to prison for his petulant attempt casting himself as the victim looking to lap up the attention for the virtue signalling media.

The media was pathetic and proves Trumps point of his infamous tag line. I hope he gets a stretch, and I dont mean him getting rag dolled by the confined in-mates on the express train to brown town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The show is actually pretty decent and Smollett is very good in it. He would've had loads of offers on the table for more work.

Such an idiot to blow it all.

I don't know what kind of career, if any, he'll have now.

Advertisement