Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lard

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Fann Linn wrote: »
    I hope so. Had a 'favourite' aunt who used to plaster it on bread anytime we went over for a visit. Just the thought of her sandwiches now is turning my stomach.

No don't think it was - it was from this story...

https://www.zambianobserver.com/blue-band-margarine-uproar/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

If you really want Lard, ask a real butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

As it was here for many years. And just for clarity; Lard by definition is Pig fat

the article I quoted earlier actually describes that too :)
    Our ancestors, of course, had no trouble recognising the virtues of lard. So central was it to our diet that the room where we stored our food, the larder, was named after it. Many British households kept a family pig,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

No I just use olive oil. You are going to be consuming such a small amount of lard/butter/oil whatever you use seeing as theyre all so high in calories it hardly matters too much

Advertisement