Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

BumChum wrote: »
    Giving them maximum leeway here! I dont believe many people know how to use indicators on roundabouts. Its gotten so bad lately I dont even trust people with indicators flashing, I need to see where theyre going. Had a few misses with people indicating the complete opposite way they were turning!

+1 to this. Once someone was indicating as if they were pulling off the roundabout, grand says I, off I go. Then they kept coming, and beeped me as if I was the one in the wrong :confused: Learn to use your indicators people!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What I hate is when I'm at a roundabout and I have to wait for people (idiots) who don't indicate to drive on and go where they're going (even if it means missing my chance to go through), and the people (idiots) behind me beep their horns because they want me to move anyway. Look, it might be MY right of way, but if I don't know what THEY are doing, I'm not going to risk an accident just to make a point! And waiting one extra second is hardly going to kill you, is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

So I'm in work with my boss gobsh1te and we're under pressure.

Gob****es been giving poor instructions and generally being a wanton prick about the resultant confusion and delay.

Gobsh1tes waiting on me to fvck up and causing me to choke from the pressure of not wanting to fvck up, thus causing me get distracted and so fvck up.

Anyway, gobsh1tes standing 10 feet away from me, at right angles, on a slightly raised surface.

Gobsh1te: ''do you see that thing over there''.

Gobsh1tes hand flashes up and then back down, with the speed of a Vegas card magician. One stubby knobbley bent finger pointing in a vague direction.

Gobsh1te: ''move that thing over there''

So by now I'm on edge from all the previous miscommunications, not wanting to ask, so I take a guess. wrong.

Gobsh1te: ''are you blind, etc''.

Just no description of what to move where whatsoever, gobsh1te believes that being that they're the center of the universe everyone else naturally see's what gobsh1te see's, from gobsh1te's perspective.

Please, people, when you point at something, don't say 'that' ... the other person doesn't see through your eyes, and doesn't see a first person view of your extended finger.

'that' may as well be a burp, for all the information it holds.

They just see a lump of meat with a gobsh1te on one end.

By the time they track the course of a moving, shaking, off target finger over several meters its about as good as pointing your arse at the object.

Unless its a square meter in diameter, and separated on its own, well, pointing is probably absolutely useless to the other person.

and 'that' is a meaningless word.

do you see that.

move that thing there over there.

oh my god, as i type this i want to grab gobsh1te by both sides of the head and scream this thread into their fat bulbous face.

i want to put gobsh1te into some kind of fatal 'Saw' horror puzzle scenario, where the answer is dependent upon my directions.

And as gobsh1te desperately scrambles against time to grab the right key to remove the explosive box from their arsehle, and looks up at me to know which key to grab, ....

i'd be standing 10 feet away at right angles, briefly raising my wiggling fingers and saying 'yeah that one over there'. the one to the right of that one under that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Night terrors

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Being suddenly awoken

Too warm with the heating on. I would have waited until November to put it on but oh no it's not my choice.

Whos choice was it so :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Adobe must have done some kind of update and all the PDF files in My Documents have some quare new icon and it's putting me off. Can't leave well enough alone ffs.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Cyclists telling you to f**k off after they've ran in to you on that well known cycle path - Heuston Station platform!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Had a severe reaction to strong antibiotics I've been taking for lung infections. The infection has now spread to the bone. TA I'm missing work and could be admitted to the hospital I work in :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Not been able to read my own handwriting is a bit of a TA at the moment...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Not been able to read my own handwriting is a bit of a TA at the moment...

You must be a doctor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    You must be a doctor!

I would be a deadly doctor.
    Literally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

This is the interaction I just had at my city centre doctors' surgery:

Me: Hey I'm here to pick up my prescription?
    Receptionist: It's not here.
    Me:Oh, ok but I put it in last week and it says it's processed on the online order system.
    Receptionist: Oh yeah, its definitely processed so it should be here. Let me check.
    Checks with office manager.......
    Receptionist: Ok its in Finaghy. (surgery on the outskirts of Belfast)
    Me:Uh, why is it in Finaghy? This is my surgery. I've never been to the Finaghy branch.
    Receptionist: Dunno but you'll have to go there to get it.
    Me:Ugh fine, what time do they close in the evening? I'll go and pick it up after work.
    Receptionist: 1pm.
    Me: Right well I can't get up there for that time as I'm in work. Can you not get it sent back down here?
    Receptionist: Oh um eh well I suppose but it wont be here till Wednesday.
    Me:But I need it tomorrow.
    Receptionist: ........................
    Me:Fine, I'll come back on Wednesday.

Not even a single apology or explanation for their **** up. I'm raging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭jiltloop

dubstarr wrote: »
    People glued to their phones,not looking where they are going.Nearly walked in to me 3 times.
    I wish I could thank this more than once!

I also hate when you're walking down a narrow path and you meet a group walking 2 or 3 abreast and none of them budge to let you by. You nearly have to shoulder barge them to get by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I would be a deadly doctor.
    Literally.

I see what you did there.

:D

Listening to an online radio here, DJ said it is now approaching 1PM. Didn't realise my stream had 10 minute lag. Has no impact on anything as only background noise. But it is a major TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People bagging big huge shopping trolleys at the Aldi checkout.Move over there you eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

People who don't understand the function of a door handle. Especially when the door leads to the silent study room of a library. There's even a sign on this door asking people to close it quietly, and still every second person lets the door slam shut behind them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

People bringing their phone for a walk :mad:

WATCH WHERE YOU'RE F**KING GOING !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People.

They should be tossed back into the firey chasm from whence they came!

• Advertisement

Indeed sir :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I found some rain jackets in the wardrobe of my "old' bedroom, when I was hanging up some of the clothes I got when I was living away full time.
    They are not mine I moved them into the box room, I asked boysib to move them into a vacant wardrobe/cloakroom as Im tight for space.
    Today I find they are hanging back in 'my'wardrobe and all on the one hanger!:(:(:mad::rolleyes:

As if I wasn't annoyed enough with that, candidate Freeman has sent me another flyer to recycle for her! #keepthepoet

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I'd say every man jack of them - but some of ye seem lovely!!!

Got my fringe cut and I don't know if I like it

Being so tired after cold meds this sentence took five tries to get it right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

jiltloop wrote: »
    I wish I could thank this more than once!

I also hate when you're walking down a narrow path and you meet a group walking 2 or 3 abreast and none of them budge to let you by. You nearly have to shoulder barge them to get by.

I had to stand at the top of a set of stairs in a shop at the weekend to allow a group of girls walk up three abreast.
    Perish they thought they might walk up single file.
    I was waiting for one of them to take the initiative to move over but it didn't happen so I just had to awkwardly stand there and wait for them to pass.

• Advertisement

Being rudely awoken from my nap by the man child shouting because he's not getting his way *cross face*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Weekday evening meetings.

Right so, Tuesday is girl child activity that goes on to 9.30 pm, Thursday boy child's activity until 9 pm, that leaves Monday evening and Wednesday evening to fit in "Community alert meetings" till 8/9 pm, and an extra "cubs" meeting just for parents' pleasure on the Monday evening, or Book Rental committee meetings ...

Have to go. :mad::mad::(

Sort of TA - at the moment I'm sitting at a laptop, the time is in the bottom right hand corner of the screen, if I lift my eyes there's a digital clock on the window sill but I always look at my watch for the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

When you open a bulb of garlic and instead of a few decent sized cloves for some reason it's comprised of about thirty micro-cloves which are inevitably a pain in the hole to peel.

Also for some reason lately all the nets of brown onions I can get seem to be from some new midget variety, feckin tiny so they are (and no I did not accidentally but shallots :P )

And that will be all in terms of my Allium vegetable related gripes for now...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

So much to do, biteen stressed here. Not even a lot by any scale just a lot for my non-energetic non-motivated self. :/

Would love to get inside a G.P.'s mind sometimes. My G.P. is old-fashioned / old-school etc. They don't fire out the Meds like a lot of other Doctors do. Am just getting over Headcold, it's about 90%-ish gone. I knew I had / have a Chest Infection so I went in to get a Prescription for something to take for it. Nope nopey no. Whole lotta nopes. The day I went in I sounded like I had Baby Croup. But no. Fight it on my own was the diagnosis. My Lungs were clear apparently. Had and still have difficulty breathing and frog-in-throat thing. If I was given something to take for it I'm pretty sure I'd be 100% better now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AAAAAAAH BALLZZZZZ My Car won't start! :(:( Left the feicing Lights on 2 hours ago, was gonna go somewhere else, ran into House for a minute to get something but didn't bother going again, just went out to Car now and it won't start! Such luck! :( Anyone around Galway with Jump-leads?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When you open a bulb of garlic and instead of a few decent sized cloves for some reason it's comprised of about thirty micro-cloves which are inevitably a pain in the hole to peel.

Also for some reason lately all the nets of brown onions I can get seem to be from some new midget variety, feckin tiny so they are (and no I did not accidentally but shallots :P )

And that will be all in terms of my Allium vegetable related gripes for now...:pac:

I too have an Allium vegetable related gripe:( One of the onions out of the 3 pack I bought was complete rotten mush in the middle when I cut into it, though looked fine on the outside. The smell of it was putrid :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

So much to do, biteen stressed here. Not even a lot by any scale just a lot for my non-energetic non-motivated self. :/

Would love to get inside a G.P.'s mind sometimes. My G.P. is old-fashioned / old-school etc. They don't fire out the Meds like a lot of other Doctors do. Am just getting over Headcold, it's about 90%-ish gone. I knew I had / have a Chest Infection so I went in to get a Prescription for something to take for it. Nope nopey no. Whole lotta nopes. The day I went in I sounded like I had Baby Croup. But no. Fight it on my own was the diagnosis. My Lungs were clear apparently.
    Had and still have difficulty breathing and frog-in-throat thing. If I was given something to take for it I'm pretty sure I'd be 100% better now. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

A TA (though not particularly trivial) of mine; people demanding antibiotics regardless of what their professional doctor tells them and driving antibiotic resistance that could eventually kill the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Smoking my last real John player blue cigarette (old packaging) new ones taste awful why did they have to change the blend as well as the box :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Getting grilled by a pharmacy assistant when trying to buy the standard pack of painkillers.

js35 wrote: »
    Smoking my last real John player blue cigarette (old packaging) new ones taste awful why did they have to change the blend as well as the box :(

Those new packets must be a serious TA for shop workers

Went to a taster session for cheerleading at uni here and I loved it! My TA's are twofold, if I try out and make it on the team, I'll be leaving at Christmas and won't get to perform at games (and won't get a uniform) My other TA is that college at home doesn't have cheerleaders so I'll probably never get to do it again :(

TA my "me" time in the evening into night goes way too fast.

Then you have these moments during the day that just last fo.re.ver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I too have an Allium vegetable related gripe One of the onions out of the 3 pack I bought was complete rotten mush in the middle when I cut into it, though looked fine on the outside. The smell of it was putrid

I've taken to squeezing all the onions in a net for telltale softness recently because I've been stung by so many of these this year. I feel like I should do my shopping with a wheeled cart and a headacarf and rollers.
    Aidric wrote:
    Getting grilled by a pharmacy assistant when trying to buy the standard pack of painkillers.

My mother got the third degree while buying Motilium for me last week. Motilium! The pharmacist asked her had I any bowel issues and my mum was like "Yes, she has diarrhoea, hence the need for the flippin Motilium".

1 day until my Phone is charged. Yay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

1 day until my Phone is charged. Yay.

You can buy a new battery for your phone.

TA went to the garage and couldn't work the fuel pump-it was a new one. I had to ask some guy for help. I felt like a right moron especially when I saw an OAP using it with no issues.

• Advertisement

Hah. You obvs aren't aware of Charger-gate.. :o:pac: I wouldn't like to go introducing anything new to the mix! :D:D I'm prob. lucky the Phone is working / charging at all. At the rate I'm going there soon won't be anything at all working in me house! :( Although I may actually buy a new Phone Battery and have it in the house now that you mention it..

Roadworks right outside my building :(

Hah. You obvs aren't aware of Charger-gate.. :o:pac: I wouldn't like to go introducing anything new to the mix! :D:D I'm prob. lucky the Phone is working / charging at all. At the rate I'm going there soon won't be anything at all working in me house! :( Although I may actually buy a new Phone Battery and have it in the house now that you mention it..

af7.jpg

Woke up with a fit of coughing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Been waiting on a discount code for a online store that I have a few things earmarked to buy.
    Discount code arrived today, size of all my items are sold out.
    F*ck this sh*t.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Woke up with a fit of coughing

Snap. Sucks doesn't it ??? Oh hello Nurofen Cold and Flu!

I'm out of milk too.

Any kind boardsie want to get me a drop. Don't want to dress up & go outside.

WFH in a tracksuit & tee-shirt.

I'm out of milk too.

Any kind boardsie want to get me a drop. Don't want to dress up & go outside.

WFH in a tracksuit & tee-shirt.

You're in a rabbit onesie aren't you ?

Come on, safe space Ted, you can tell us!

giphy.gif

Is Auto sharing her CCTV stream with you now

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

Is Auto sharing her CCTV stream with you now

Yes, but it's a secret so tell no one!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement