Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More free houses..

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

9 years rent and mortgage free...nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But Margret Cash, am I right?

I wonder will we see as much attention on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Your Face wrote: »
    Yer man has a very punchable face.

He could be sound but he has an awfully punchable face.

I'm not one for condoning violence but there's something hilarious about a poster called "your face" typing this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

two cheeks of the same arse

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ashleigh1986

This country really is a banana republic .
    People bull****ting about what they OWN ??
    Guess what ....craytures... You don't OWN It UNTIL last payment is made .
    THATS WHY THE BANK HOLDS THE DEEDS AND NOT YOU !!!
    pay up or get the fxxk out !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

These people are just as bad as anyone who can pay their mortgage but don’t.

Margaret Cash and them are the same, I don’t see why people think we won’t call them out cause they are rich???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,315 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Cash got attention because she looked for it, chances are none of us would have heard of her if she didn't put herself in front of the public in order to continue her parasitic lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭KevRossi

€1.2m owed + €375,000 legal fees + the money he owed when his places went bust in 2008.

Against €800,000 house value.

What's the betting they've plenty set aside and will walk into some nice gaff on July 9th.
    Possibly renovating it right now.

Will this be dragged through the mud on Liveline or Prime Time or Claire Byrne? Doubt it. RTE don't like to crap on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Great thread to have a rant and feel self righteous in...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

https://m.independent.ie/business/personal-finance/property-mortgages/rentfree-how-do-you-get-away-with-not-paying-mortgage-for-nine-years-37818881.html?fbclid=IwAR1sPMfTD-TK82mTAYe8gwrEWRrnd9-FFbb0TFpyCXp0pAcEOv6gMyeUZu4

This couple have not paid their mortgage in nine years. Does this happen in other countries? This seems very strange to me and I wonder how many people out there are doing this and taking advantage of the reluctance to repossession. While everyone is busy pointing at the Margaret cashs of the world nobody seems to mind the middle classes getting free housing at cost to everyone else.

Why do you seem to think that some people would lambast Cash and support these fooking leeching cu*ts ?
    klaaaz wrote: »
    Let's see if the posters who handed out their hatred to the Strokestown farmer and to Ms Cash over living in a "free home" will be along to condemn these wealthy two for living in an upmarket free home since 2010.

Ah yes another one that seems to think that we should allow the Cash of the world but not these fooking ar**es.
    As someone said they are two cheeks of the same ar**.

They my have different number of kids, different backgrounds and jobs, but they both believe in living off other people.
    They are called freeloaders and someone else has to ultimately pay for them.

What are you trying to pull?

Most if not all of those vociferous about Cash would also have a very poor opinion of these two leeching fookers.

How the fook they have gotten away with 9 years rent free and not having to pay the costs of mortgage holder is a fooking joke.
    And they have until July to move out.

And then people wonder why we have probably the highest mortgage rates in Europe and no foriegn bank will chance coming in here again.

The worse thing that happened here was the fact we didn't have a complete financial meltdown rather than a half one that allowed the shysters to milk the system all at the expense of the hardworking decent honest ones.
    Maybe next time when the ar** really falls out of things that the connected ones and the ones with brass necks will be fooked out on their ar**es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

These people are just as bad as anyone who can pay their mortgage but don’t.

Margaret Cash and them are the same, I don’t see why people think we won’t call them out cause they are rich???

but they do get called out. But on the assumption they have paid some tax in the past to the state they aren't in the same league as Cash and her ilk

Not saying they aren't wasters and free loading c8nts either , cos they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Guess what ....craytures... You don't OWN It UNTIL last payment is made .
    THATS WHY THE BANK HOLDS THE DEEDS AND NOT YOU !!!

I agree with the broad thrust of your point.
    But on a pedantic note the ownership question on a mortgaged property is not as simple as you've put it there. The deeds are held in the possession of the bank. The mortgagee has equitable title on the house before the loan is fully paid. It should be the case, and it used to be, that the bank can take full ownership of the mortgaged property if the mortgagee fails to meet their payments. A HC judgement needed for this. The courts have allowed a more nebulous approach to develop now it would seem arising out of the financial crisis and the role played by banks in it. A sort of punishment on the banks. And to keep the proles on board with the whole bullshit society we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,307 ✭✭✭✭ted1

klaaaz wrote: »
    Let's see if the posters who handed out their hatred to the Strokestown farmer and to Ms Cash over living in a "free home" will be along to condemn these wealthy two for living in an upmarket free home since 2010.

The mortgage was only taking out in 2006.

Do effectively they paid a mortgage for 3 years and then lived 9 years for free.
    We the tax payers picked up the tab that the bank wrote off when it sold it in.

Pure scum

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Get Real

I hope there's just as much/more attention.its the same type of behaviour regardless of the "type of people" they are.

Possibly worse in this scenario in my opinion. Both had a proper shot at life and still chose to scam the system.

The whole time they weren't paying their mortgage, they had nice photo ops and articles written about them for their marriage. The wife also had an article written when she had her baby.

Oh wow, how newsworthy, you're in the paper because you had a baby? Like thousands of women in Ireland do every week?

Because you won a Miss Ireland, almost three decades ago, you have connections in a newspaper. All the while, not bothering to pay your dues on a property worth 1.2 million.

This couple are scum. Either be responsible for yourself, or downsize. Chose the champagne lifestyle while sending the bill to the table next to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I agree with the broad thrust of your point.
    But on a pedantic note the ownership question on a mortgaged property is not as simple as you've put it there. The deeds are held in the possession of the bank. The mortgagee has equitable title on the house before the loan is fully paid. It should be the case, and it used to be, that the bank can take full ownership of the mortgaged property if the mortgagee fails to meet their payments. A HC judgement needed for this. The courts have allowed a more nebulous approach to develop now it would seem arising out of the financial crisis and the role played by banks in it. A sort of punishment on the banks. And to keep the proles on board with the whole bullshit society we have.

I thought repossessions were now possible in the Circuit Court?

Advertisement