Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrendous assault in Lucan

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

bogmanfan wrote: »
    I'm from Lucan originally, and have been living back there for the last 16 years. I remember when I was in school we were told the population was around 7,000. Now it's seven times that? That's massive overdevelopment.

Where I live is 'old Lucan'. It's less than a 10 minute walk from the village. It's a lovely area, very quiet and never had any hassle at all. I remember when I bought my place in 2003, I was being warned off some of the newer estates like Foxborough by estate agents. Even then there was talk of anti-social behaviour etc.

The problem is that while Lucan itself has excellent facilities and amenities, most of the problem areas are actually several miles away from Lucan village and therefore don't really have access to those amenities.

I have literally never heard of that happening before.

Strange (and sad) as the houses themselves in Foxborough looked quite nice. actually, most of the 25a route looks very leafy and 'middle class' (for want of a better term.

What put me off from a buying perspective was the lack of walkability from the village but overall it seemed like a nice area when I was looking (just a few months ago). Very sad to hear of all these assaults.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,874 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Goose76 wrote: »

Strange (and sad) as the houses themselves in Foxborough looked quite nice. actually, most of the 25a route looks very leafy and 'middle class' (for want of a better term.

What put me off from a buying perspective was the lack of walkability from the village but overall it seemed like a nice area when I was looking (just a few months ago). Very sad to hear of all these assaults.

Yep, I know exactly where he was warned off from. I sold in an Estate that would have been one of the ones on the warning list.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Goose76 wrote: »

The problem in Foxborough is the proximity to Foxdene. That's a proper sh#t hole.

Advertisement