Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laws in relation to dogs on a leash in parks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,320 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Stephen15 wrote: »
    I can't speak for other dogs but I'd likely end up like Saudi thief if I tried to put a muzzle on my fella. He'd eat your hand off if you tried as he doesn't like anyone touching his face.

I don't exactly love dogs myself but I've always had one not out of my choice but that being said I don't mind them.

I never let my dog off the leash as he just runs away. What annoys me is other people who do let their dogs off the lead in my local park as other dogs off the lead fight with mine so I've stopped walking there with my dog. There's a purpose built pen in my local park and yet people still won't use and let their dogs off in the rest of the park very inconsiderate.
    So you dont love dogs, but you have one not out of choice?
    Why do you have a dog do you mind me asking is it for work or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Originally Posted by eagle eye
    Yep there are unfortunately plenty of bad and irresponsible owners of dogs.

I disagree with this. I think in reality most owners are pretty good. But unfortunately it is the negative that we notice more. You could walk past 10 dogs and not noticed, but the 11th one barked or reacted in some way and then there is an issue with irresponsible dog owners and their lack of control - but a failure to recognise the majority that were under control.

OP, I think what you said in one of your later posts is the best option for you, continue to enjoy your walks and use the park and recognise that this is the first time it has happened in 2 years.

Also, while the owners maybe have not acknowledged what you said, it may still have an impact on their future behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

I disagree with this. I think in reality most owners are pretty good. But unfortunately it is the negative that we notice more. You could walk past 10 dogs and not noticed, but the 11th one barked or reacted in some way and then there is an issue with irresponsible dog owners and their lack of control - but a failure to recognise the majority that were under control.

OP, I think what you said in one of your later posts is the best option for you, continue to enjoy your walks and use the park and recognise that this is the first time it has happened in 2 years.

Also, while the owners maybe have not acknowledged what you said, it may still have an impact on their future behaviour.

to borrow from a politician, half of dog owners are good :P

Advertisement