Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris

Options

Comments

Fourier wrote: »
    A beautiful cathedral, very saddening. Hopefully not too much damage to the medieval sections and statues.

Apparently the firemen can’t get to a lot of the flames with their water hoses at present

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Was a grand auld thread till the fvckwits found their way in.

Sorry to upset you. Now toddle off back to your glass of port and crumpet. After Hours is too low brow for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

MadYaker wrote: »
    Construction accident apparently, really sad :(

Edit: It's a Sunday though, nobody works in France on Sundays

Today's Monday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thought it was Monday myself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Edgware wrote: »
    Sorry to upset you. Now toddle off back to your glass of port and crumpet. After Hours is too low brow for you

Port and crumpet? Even your pathetic atrempts at insulting someone are laughable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Exactly so no one would notice the battery fir the power tool that’s charging and glowing white hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

There's been a lot of arson attacks on Churches in France this year. According to this article there's been 47 attacks on Churches and religious sites in February alone. Given the figures it's understandable why there may be suspicion surrounding this incident, though as of now, it's been reported as an accident.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

It's Monday. I know the french can be averse to work at times, but they'd notice if they'd missed an entire day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

theguzman wrote: »
    It won't take long before something like this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Over a dozen Churches in France have been burned in 2019 alone, yet not one mosque was touched.

It does not take a genius to work out who is responsible for this.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1102958/christian-persecution-france-catholic-church-christianity-religion-edouard-phillipe-isis

Don't post here again please.

Some people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

****s sake. I went to work today and all.why did no one tell me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Haha I hope you didn't have work to go to today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

It's been confirmed that it's a fire alright.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/1117845135587520514

Just as I suspected.

You are just so witty :rolleyes:

Didn't even get the thanks you craved.

It's Monday. I know the french can be averse to work at times, but they'd notice if they'd missed an entire day

MadYaker wouldn't. But then time keeping is only for the staff you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Nixonbot wrote: »
    Don't post here again please.

Some people :rolleyes:

Just seen this now, Ok, unsubscribing from thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

peddlelies wrote: »
    There's been a lot of arson attacks on Churches in France this year. According to this article there's been 47 attacks on Churches and religious sites in February alone. Given the figures it's understandable why there may be suspicion surrounding this incident, though as of now, it's been reported as an accident.

https://www.newsweek.com/spate-attacks-catholic-churches-france-sees-altars-desecrated-christ-statue-1370800

That reminds me of the attacks in Norway years ago

https://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/crisis-in-valhalla-satanism-arson-whats-going-on-in-norway-could-get-death-metal-a-bad-name-stephen-5436395.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

fullstop wrote: »
    You are just so witty :rolleyes:

Didn't even get the thanks you craved.

Thanks. I hope yours does better. I've given you one to get you started. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The Chief of their Fire Service, sure works fast writing complete assesment reports. The fire isn't out yet and it's already being classed as an accident?

Let's wait a few days, for their lead Inspector to enter safely, and do preliminary site and causation inspection at the very least.

Also, is it not Monday 15th Apr in France today? They may be an hour or so ahead time-wise, not a full day behind.

Big questions around why it took some long for the firefighters to respond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

Grayson wrote: »
    That reminds me of the attacks in Norway years ago

Whatever floats your boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

theguzman wrote: »
    It won't take long before something like this will be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Over a dozen Churches in France have been burned in 2019 alone, yet not one mosque was touched.

It does not take a genius to work out who is responsible for this.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1102958/christian-persecution-france-catholic-church-christianity-religion-edouard-phillipe-isis

FFS. People like you are just hoping for it to be a terrorist attack, it's a real wet dream for you salivating at the thought.

• Advertisement

Nothing will remain from the wooden frame - spokesperson for Notre Dame just now.

How the f**k was someone reminded of the attacks in Norway?

The Chief of their Fire Service, sure works fast writing complete assesment reports. The fire isn't out yet and it's already being classed as an accident?

Let's wait a few days, for their lead Inspector to enter safely, and do preliminary site and causation inspection at the very least.

Also, is it not Monday 15th Apr in France today? They may be an hour or so ahead time-wise, not a full day behind.

Maybe.....just maybe.... a workman reported to him how the fire started as he witnessed it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hope no one dies but great to see such a building in flames. People all over the world Crying because an old building burnt. Apes

Hope no one dies but great to see such a building in flames. People all over the world Crying because an old building burnt. Apes

Very edgy of you, whats your next "controversial" post going to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Terrible news, I was lucky enough to attend a mass there in November on a Saturday evening.

Stunning place. Will be sad if it's completely devastated, and unfortunately going by the pics I've seen so far, it looks like it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

I just hope the scaffolding around the collapsed tower holds on. If that collapsed into the structure, it could do some real damage to the stone work.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ah, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Boards is an utter cesspit and this thread is proof of that.

A tragic and historic day. What an utterly terrible loss.

Advertisement