Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constant incoherent warbling in every song these days

Options
  • 24-11-2018 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭

I realise using the phrase 'these days' immediately identifies myself as moving into auld git territory.

But about ten years ago it seemed to be just a few in the mainstream

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/989476/ahhhh-make-warble-singing-stop

Now every f**ker seems to be at it.

This sh*te

Is this trend here to stay?
    The millennial woop seems to be a shorter version of this type of guff.

Or will they all have to die off?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Car expert

I’d give the Nolan sisters one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Here's my antidote:

Couple of cans of Guinness after they've all gone to bed, on with the headphones, then an hour of Creedence Clearwater Revival. Bliss!!!

Car expert wrote: »

between them???:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

It’s because none of these idiots has a story to tell.

Instead of writing music based on experience and life, all they seem to do is see who can best impersonate a cat getting a giant thermometer shoved up its ass.

Pisses me off listening to music these days.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Advertisement

After posting, I decided to have a listen to the Araine Grande thing. Lasted exactly 43 seconds. Pure crap.

After posting, I decided to have a listen to the Araine Grande thing. Lasted exactly 43 seconds. Pure crap.

That was a bad erection for sure.

It’s because none of these idiots has a story to tell.

Instead of writing music based on experience and life, all they seem to do is see who can best impersonate a cat getting a giant thermometer shoved up its ass.

Pisses me off listening to music these days.

THis exactly.

I tell my now adult kids that today's music has no 'story', and shock-horror, they agree with me.

That was a bad erection for sure.

hahahaha, you BRAT!

:D:D

added smileys to show I appreciated the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Usually stick on some Pantera, mastodon, slayer, tool, karnivool, cog, van Halen, whitesnake, RATM to name but a few, so OP...I havnt a clue what your talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Just one?

Just one?

At a time, they were mainly in the mood for dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

I don’t like her music at all but in fairness to her she is an extremely talented singer, in my opinion!

Cutie 3.14 wrote: »
    I don’t like her music at all but in fairness to her she is an extremely talented singer, in my opinion!

Perhaps she is, but that doesn't come across in the 43 seconds of waWAoohWAWA-ing I heard! I suppose the range is good, so maybe her songs sound well. But she's no John Fogarty :D.

Perhaps she is, but that doesn't come across in the 43 seconds of waWAoohWAWA-ing I heard! I suppose the range is good, so maybe her songs sound well. But she's no John Fogarty :D.

You’re consistent.

You’re consistent.

Thanks, I put it down to the all bran. Anyway, back to Spotify.....

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Cutie 3.14

Haha!

All that WAoohWAWA-ing is showing the talent though! Showing the range her voice has!

(I have no idea what I’m talking about! :D)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I can't hear a single melody in any of that stuff.
    I mean, try humming it after listening to it. You can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I can't hear a single melody in any of that stuff.
    I mean, try humming it after listening to it. You can't.

It's like a shred guitar solo with little melody, it's just showing off and not meant to be anything other than a display of her virtuosity. As Joey The Lips Fagan would call it, "musical ****".

Love me some Ariana though, "Into You" and "Touch It" are bangers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Always singing with their eyes closed and sounding like they're taking a hard sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

Love that one .... “ I’m in the nude for dancing .... romancing .... “

https://youtu.be/4UZYXFgQnAo

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Usually stick on some Pantera, mastodon, slayer, tool, karnivool, cog, van Halen, whitesnake, RATM to name but a few, so OP...I havnt a clue what your talking about.

Just an excuse to list off the bands you like that are different and expect applause. Well done you you little mastodoon snakey rascal gwar bag. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

mad muffin wrote: »

I could listen to that guy sing all day, something about his voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Just an excuse to list off the bands you like that are different and expect applause. Well done you you little mastodoon snakey rascal gwar bag. Well done.

Nope, I just like real music, I don't know how some people listen to the manufactured bile that gets pumped out by the xfactor clones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Nope, I just like real music, I don't know how some people listen to the manufactured bile that gets pumped out by the xfactor clones.

Its no more real than anything else. There's a lot of negativity in music like that. You might benefit from a few more positive vibes.

There was a song that was always on the radio a couple of years ago and for the life of me I couldn’t make out any of the words.

Thought I’d add the YouTube vid here to see if anyone could help me out but I have no fecking clue what the lyrics are to start the search. Now the tune is stuck in my head and I’m going “ner ner ner ne ne ner”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The second you start complaining about modern music just sounding like noise, you need to start planning for your retirement because you're officially old.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

You ll find all music is 'real', as somebody composed it, who cares what people listen to, as long as they're happy doing so

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The second you start complaining about modern music just sounding like noise, you need to start planning for your retirement because you're officially old.

I've been listening to noise all my life, tis feckin great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

What's popular contemporary music is basically what there appears to be largest commercial audience for.

Based on concert ticket sales/revenue maybe a bunch of auld gifts have the largest audience. But no one is interested in listening to their new stuff.

I'd say 8-28 year olds tastes dictate what's considered popular. As for the incoherent warbling, I guess a globalised market has something to do with it. Most of the potential market aren't English speakers in the first place.

Plus technically this is in German (I Think) but realistically very few people ever listen to the words. So incoherent vocals have always had an audience

Ps I hate Opera, at least pop songs are on 5 minutes long or less.

Advertisement