Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter Egg offers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I think 80% of the eggs on sale this year were creme eggs...they were everywhere.

I’d say I have 40 of them ate already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

not one to be found in Navan!! no eggs for nieces and nephews this year....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

snowgal wrote: »
    not one to be found in Navan!! no eggs for nieces and nephews this year....:rolleyes:

There was literally a wall made of pallets of Easter eggs in our Tesco a month ago.3 for a fiver and I’d say I’ve accounted for at least a pallet of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I think 80% of the eggs on sale this year were creme eggs...they were everywhere.

Apparantly they have Gone back to Original recipe / Ingredients so probally a bit off a re-launch... I Have a few at home to sample as well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dunnes have 10 packs of creme eggs for €2.50

Agreed there seemed to be more creme egg chocolate eggs everywhere (in the multiple deals).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Supervalu Rosslare Harbour still had some this evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭appledrop

Thankfully I got sorted in my local Spar, so if anyone is stuck try your local shop rather than big supermarkets.

There were actual not bad value either.

6 medium eggs for €9 which was grand!

Not a hope of any in local Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,800 ✭✭✭appledrop

snowgal wrote: »

Did you try your local shop? Seems to be better bet this year than Tesco etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭snowgal

There was literally a wall made of pallets of Easter eggs in our Tesco a month ago.3 for a fiver and I’d say I’ve accounted for at least a pallet of them.

Sure look, I’ve been in and out of shops so much the past month, could’ve got 100s!! But no I left it too late of course :rolleyes: my fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

Anyone know anywhere still selling Large Easter eggs in north Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know anywhere still selling Large Easter eggs in north Dublin?

Try a Eurospar or Centra...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was in Tesco, Aldi and Dealz today and not an egg to be found in any of them. Had to settle for a box of those marshmellow eggs from Aldi instead. I remember a giant wall of eggs in Tesco just a couple of weeks back but theyve completely sold out, if they had any I doubt they would be doing the 5 for 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭sporina

did see any eggs with mugs this year.. there's usually caburys cream egg ones.. and others but can't rem.. anyone see em anywhere? just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Ref fm are mentioning all the shops that have loads of stock left

Tried 4 petrol stations no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

sporina wrote: »
    did see any eggs with mugs this year.. there's usually caburys cream egg ones.. and others but can't rem.. anyone see em anywhere? just curious

Saw a tiny selection of mini eggs ones in dunnes, one week.

It's like as if they ordered one weeks worth of stock for everything so if you didn't get it when first put out there was no replacement.

Apart from the medium/large eggs that were on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I’d say the people complaining about no eggs are prob the same ones who complained that they were put on the shelves in Feb.

Thankfully I bought mine the last two weeks..yum yum

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

I’d say the people complaining about no eggs are prob the same ones who complained that they were put on the shelves in Feb.

Thankfully I bought mine the last two weeks..yum yum

awe now now... thats not in the spirit of things.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

saw some in dunnes ... creme egg one i think

okidoki987 wrote: »

start of March my eye! They wer in the shops in Feb.. I got mine from The Chocolate Shop in Cork mid Feb.. (missed out last year)

• Advertisement

start of March my eye! They wer in the shops in Feb.. I got mine from The Chocolate Shop in Cork mid Feb.. (missed out last year)

It is the Mirror! ;)

appledrop wrote: »
    Thankfully I got sorted in my local Spar, so if anyone is stuck try your local shop rather than big supermarkets.

There were actual not bad value either.

6 medium eggs for €9 which was grand!

Not a hope of any in local Tesco.

Yeah all the big shops sold out. The smaller shops or petrol stations might have some though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So happy i stocked up early

To be fair, this isn't really a Covid thing. In almost every year I can remember, all of my local shops were sold out of eggs on the friday before Easter. Everyone starts panic buying mid-week of easter and the stock runs out before the sunday.

Been that way for years. There'll be another delivery of eggs to shops, probably on monday, and they'll be practically giving them away to get rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,029 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

They were in the shops in early January!! I came back to Dublin on the 3rd and went to the supermarket on the 4th and there they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

To be fair, this isn't really a Covid thing. In almost every year I can remember, all of my local shops were sold out of eggs on the friday before Easter. Everyone starts panic buying mid-week of easter and the stock runs out before the sunday.

Been that way for years. There'll be another delivery of eggs to shops, probably on monday, and they'll be practically giving them away to get rid.

It's extremely rare for overstocks and clearance the week after.

You might find a few dark chocolate or vegan eggs left the following week, but there will be no last minute delivery. Logistics simply do not work that way

• Registered Users Posts: 32,031 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Darc19 wrote: »
    It's extremely rare for overstocks and clearance the week after.

You might find a few dark chocolate or vegan eggs left the following week, but there will be no last minute delivery. Logistics simply do not work that way
    I don't agree tbh marks and spencer especially tends to have a tonne of easter stock on sale the week after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

gmisk wrote: »
    I don't agree tbh marks and spencer especially tends to have a tonne of easter stock on sale the week after

I think that has more to do with the marketing/pricing strategy.

They price their eggs close to choclatiers while they are only a supermarket...not saying their stuff isn't nice ....but I'd never pay full price for their eggs

Doubt that.
    Was in 2 wholesalers during week and they had no eggs left and weren't expecting any more in.
    UK shops have had the same problem with supplies, Asda and Tesco were running very low last Tuesday.

• Advertisement

not in my experience... my local Tesco had loads after Easter last year.. even Lindt bunnies.. and they wer practically giving them away..

Advertisement