Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer park hotel in howth closed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

meant to say before, they own Irelands Eye its part of the estate. Used to be a story that there was a secret tunnel from the castle out to the island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I wonder what, if any, role An Taisce has these days. I've the green conservation book from 1971: The Hill of Howth, A Conservation Study of the Hill of Howth and Ireland's Eye for An Taisce The National Trust which states that An Taisce are the lessee from Gaisford St Lawrence of much of the Hill and all of the island with responsibilities attached. I never hear anything about them in the area these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭W1ll1s

neris wrote: »
    meant to say before, they own Irelands Eye its part of the estate. Used to be a story that there was a secret tunnel from the castle out to the island

Yes, the time Irelands Eye had a big fire on it, they must have got a lot of "their" Rats up in the castle when the Rats swam ashore en-mass just before dark at Claremont strand!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

tricky D wrote: »
    I wonder what, if any, role An Taisce has these days. I've the green conservation book from 1971: The Hill of Howth, A Conservation Study of the Hill of Howth and Ireland's Eye for An Taisce The National Trust which states that An Taisce are the lessee from Gaisford St Lawrence of much of the Hill and all of the island with responsibilities attached. I never hear anything about them in the area these days.

Never heard of An Taisce of been around Howth. If you want to camp overnight on the Island your meant to get permission from the Howth estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I went there around 1988 for my communion afters, haven't been back since, but I remember the garden area at the back to be pretty nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

So was sold in 2018 to Tetrarch who planned to redevelop it into a fancy Hotel and Gold destination.

Any progress on this development? Been a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Advertisement