Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-10-2011, 11:52   #31
Andrew76

Seimitsu LS-32-01 sticks and Sanwa buttons on my cab. Rarely play fighters tbh.
Advertisement
22-10-2011, 11:56   #32
Pyongyang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew76 View Post
Seimitsu LS-32-01 sticks and Sanwa buttons on my cab. Rarely play fighters tbh.
Those are the ones regularly fighting for supremacy with the LS-56-01 sticks amongst shooting game fans right? How do you find the 32's? Are they really accurate with a short throw?
22-10-2011, 12:03   #33
Andrew76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyongyang View Post
Those are the ones regularly fighting for supremacy with the LS-56-01 sticks amongst shooting game fans right? How do you find the 32's? Are they really accurate with a short throw?
The 32's are good enough for my mediocre skills anyway. Never tried the 56 but the shaft looks a bit long for my liking (...). If you want super tight throws for the shmups then we need to wait for FrancoB to start mass producing his supa-tight parts.
Thanks from:
22-10-2011, 12:10   #34
Pyongyang

Wow that's an interesting read there. Looks like the guy has put stacks of effort in to those LS-32's. It'll be interesting to see just how tight the throw ends up being.

Personally I think the shorter the throw the better. It's why I like my AES and XE-1 Pro HE sticks. In contrast, and as an example, the Virtua Stick Pro I have doesn't really do anything for me, the throw feels very long and the buttons a bit too clunky. Yet it's said to be an awesome stick... maybe for fighting games.
22-10-2011, 12:17   #35
Andrew76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyongyang View Post
Wow that's an interesting read there. Looks like the guy has put stacks of effort in to those LS-32's. It'll be interesting to see just how tight the throw ends up being.

Personally I think the shorter the throw the better. It's why I like my AES and XE-1 Pro HE sticks. In contrast, and as an example, the Virtua Stick Pro I have doesn't really do anything for me, the throw feels very long and the buttons a bit too clunky. Yet it's said to be an awesome stick... maybe for fighting games.
This tight (the purple one)

Advertisement
22-10-2011, 12:21   #36
Pyongyang

Maybe I'm being super fussy but that throw still looks a little on the long side to me.
22-10-2011, 12:39   #37
Andrew76

Lol really? Looks fairly tight to me but I'm no expert I suppose. I do wonder what it would be like playing other arcade games with it though (not fighters) - would it be too tight? Maybe it better suits a dedicated shmup cab.
22-10-2011, 12:52   #38
Pyongyang

Maybe platform games might be OK but i'd say it's useless for fighting games. The improvement over the stock stick does look great though. Likewise I'm no expert. Maybe I'm looking at as short a throw as possible but it would be almost unusuable so in essence maybe that throw distance is spot on?

I'm trying to find videos of the LS-56 throw but they seem to be non-existent. Dying to see the throw on one of those as they appear to be the shooting game stick of choice.
22-10-2011, 13:00   #39
Andrew76

2min 38 into the vid below has an LS-56-01, looks pretty tight actually.

Advertisement
23-10-2011, 16:26   #40
unky chop chop

If you want your stick tighter you can add another spring.
Did it with my jlf and added a LS32 spring.Took it off though,a bit to much for my liking.
Also if you feel your stick is losing its tension..just take it aprt and stretch the spring.Works wonders for short term fix
25-10-2011, 01:04   #41
Steve X2

Anyone know how to remove cables from AMP UP connectors?

Is there a knack to it or do I just pull the crap out of it.

Edit:
Never mind, I got it.

Last edited by Steve X2; 25-10-2011 at 01:16.
25-10-2011, 04:19   #42
Steve X2

Finally got those proper arcade speakers from an Egret 2 installed in my Egret 3 (at 4am, why not ).
Some difference in the sound that's for sure compared to the rubbish 5 euro speakers originally installed in it.

Now, the next job. Installing the new monitor.

I think I'll do that within the next 2 days as I just want it done.

I did a weight test tonight and I reckon I can lift and place the monitor into the candy myself once the candy is lying on its back and the old one is out.

25-10-2011, 15:25   #43
Steve X2

Well, I did it.
I bit the bullet and installed the new monitor in the candy.

It was a heavy fecker to do on my own but I got it in there and hooked up without destroying it or the old monitor.
I guess all those years of weight lifting paid off(all those years, many years ago I should mention ) as I didn't have to put the candy on its back or anything.

When I got the old monitor out I had to stop for a while and clean the inside of the cab, it was mental the amount of dirt that was inside and around the monitor.

I don't think the girlfriend will be too happy with my use of towels but I can live with that.

I decided to not install the new chassis and neck board that Ronnie sent me for the moment to see how it goes.
So far its a million times better and I'll see if I want to install that new chassis at a later date.

I'm still tweaking the pots to get the image as I want it and I'm nearly there.
The new and old monitor are exactly the same model type and number but the new one is in a lot better condition and looks like it only got some light use in its life.

I had an electrician/handy man around this morning to deliver and install a new washing machine.
Turns out he used to be a TV repair guy for 20 years and was able to discharge the monitor for me and give a bit of advice on what to do.

He was even able to offer a few ideas as to what the problem with the old monitor was/is.
The degauss wire/coil that was going around it was setup wrong and hanging off at the bottom and should be very tight around the whole screen and he reckons it just needs to be cable tied back to the screen and it should be a lot better.

Couple of vids(looks a bit flickery but thats just my camera freaking out a bit):

Few pics:-

The old monitor removed:

New monitor on the chair:

So thats that job done, more or less. Plus I installed the new speakers last night so I'm fairly happy with the cab at the moment.
There's a bit of a hissing sound coming from the speakers every so often but I've tracked it down to the MVS board.
If I give it a little squeeze(on the plastic, not metal) when the speakers are hissing it stops the hiss.
I'll worry about that tomorrow as it shouldn't be that hard to fix or replace the MVS unit.

For right now its a cup of tea and a shower and then some sweet candy cab action later

(4) thanks from:
25-10-2011, 15:29   #44
Myrddin

Nice job, well done
25-10-2011, 16:01   #45
Steve X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNow View Post
Nice job, well done
Cheers,
Now I just need to sell/trade/bin this other arcade monitor as it will just die a death if I have to leave it around for any period of time.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion