Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Go back and correct all your mistakes in this thread and then I’ll answer that.

Do you think that small typos are on a par with misrepresenting the demographics of an entire city?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,426 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Some much, much more than others.

27% of Stockholmers are immigrants, or of non-Swedish background. Its estimated that Stockholm will hit a population of 3 million by 2045, largely due to migrants from Afghanistan and Syria.
    A study conducted by Stockholm Regional Growth, Environment and Planning is right, the growth means Stockholm will need an additional 2,000 pre-'schools' within a decade, as well as much more housing.

Glasgow is of a very similar size (if not larger). It will have little abnormal population growth and likley remain 88% white and Scottish, 8% Asian and 2.5% black. It's considered 'not' to be ethnically diverse.
    Somewhere like Belfast might remain largely unchanged, with only very slight or marginal ethnically diversity into 2035.

Given a choice of living in Stockholm, Glasgow or Belfast Stockholm would win hands down every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Do you think that small typos are on a par with misrepresenting the demographics of an entire city?

We have agreed that Kista isn’t a city, so not sure what you are waffling about now. The population of the Stockholm suburb of Kista is predominately non-white European. Do you deny that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Given a choice of living in Stockholm, Glasgow or Belfast Stockholm would win hands down every time.
    In your view.

On the plus side, neither Belfast nor Glasgow have had to resort to strictly female only major music festivals (for fear of mass sexual assualts).
    Are you still living in whiter than white Chesire county in Engerland Timberrrrrrrr? An unusal choice indeed.

We have agreed that Kista isn’t a city, so not sure what you are waffling about now. The population of the Stockholm suburb of Kista is predominately non-white European. Do you deny that?

Ok, so you were wrong.

As for your new claim, it very well might be the case. Even if we assume it’s correct, it’s pretty insignificant. There’s a house in my estate that is 100% populated by black people. Does that mean anything?

(Please disregard any typos, it’s dark in my basement)

• Advertisement

In your view.

On the plus side, neither Belfast nor Glasgow have had to resort to strictly female only major music festivals (for fear of mass sexual assualts).

And they didn’t need to stop recording the ethnicity of perpetrators.

Ok, so you were wrong.

As for your new claim, it very well might be the case. Even if we assume it’s correct, it’s pretty insignificant. There’s a house in my estate that is 100% populated by black people. Does that mean anything?

(Please disregard any typos, it’s dark in my basement)

So you are going to keep spoofing. Typical of your ilk, equates his neighbours house with a city suburb.

So you are going to keep spoofing. Typical of your ilk, equates his neighbours house with a city suburb.

What’s my ilk? People who don’t need to tell untruths to validate their beliefs?

What’s my ilk? People who don’t need to tell untruths to validate their beliefs?

No, spoofers. I acknowledged my mistake, you then go on to spoof about your neighbours house.

In your view.

Are you still living in whiter than white Chesire county in Engerland Timberrrrrrrr? An unusal choice indeed.

Why's that?

Never been attacked in stockholm

Have been attacked in both Glasgow and Belfast, never felt unsafe in Stockholm, Wouldnt walk around Glasgow or Belfast at night.

Psssst: This is the part where you ask if i would walk around a certain part of Stockholm at night ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Likely a message to Trump. Might even be a set up.
    Trump has a thing for Sweden, an odd thing.

Your thinking of his daughter.

Which he does too, a lot, and in inappropriate ways.

I guess she does kind of look Swedish. After all the bleaching.

Why's that?
    Your claiming you'd rather live in Stockholm, than Glas/Bel, due to better 'diversity and (lol)safety'.

But why then do you choose live in affulent Cheshire (Eng), which is one of the most non-diverse locations in Western Europe. You once described it as as white as a rural Irish town back in the 1980's.

Why not move to Sweden, or down saf to TowerHamlets/Newham to absorb some real cultural diversity (that you preach so much), away from leafy, comfortable, safe, white, surburbia.

Your claiming you'd rather live in Stockholm, than Glas/Bel, due to better 'diversity and (lol)safety'.

But why then do you choose live in affulent Cheshire (Eng), which is one of the most non-diverse locations in Western Europe. You once described it as as white as a rural Irish town back in the 1980's.

Why not move to Sweden, or down saf to TowerHamlets/Newham to absorb some real cultural diversity (that you preach so much), away from leafy, comfortable, safe, white, surburbia.

I Live in Cheshire because it's where i am from, I also lived in sweden for several years (Stockholm and Upsalla) and i lived in London and Birmingham.

It's ok, I get it, people who are different to you scare you.

I Live in Cheshire because it's where i am from, I also lived in sweden for several years (Stockholm and Upsalla) and i lived in London and Birmingham.
    I've lived, worked and travelled in much more interesting places than those three cities.

So basically I get it, and what your saying is that you've been to a few culturally enriched places. Decided it's not for you, certainly not a place to bring up a family, and thus have now returned to the safety of a 98% White British town.

And now enjoy coming on the foreign boards.ie (free speech and all that), to tell everyone in Ireland to suck up all the glorious cultural enrichment, and not to dare critise any aspect of it, as you'll be first lecture them from your the comfort of affulent Cheshire.

(Bit like Royals on private jets telling people to stop flying on Ryanair, cause environment).

Isn't Cheshire where all the millionaire Northern Eng PL footballers live in big huge houses? Sounds nice, real nice, ah we can only dream of such idyllic leafy surrounds. Good for you sir!

I've lived, worked and travelled in much more interesting places than those three cities.

So basically I get it, and what your saying is that you've been to a few culturally enriched places. Decided it's not for you, certainly not a place to bring up a family, and thus have now returned to the safety of a 98% White British town.

Actually you don't "get it", you have added 2+2 and somehow come to the conclusion that the answer is 9.

I moved back to Cheshire for personal reasons, my family (4 adult children) still live in Dublin.
    And now enjoy coming on the foreign boards.ie (free speech and all that), to tell everyone in Ireland to suck up all the glorious cultural enrichment, and not to dare critise any aspect of it, as you'll be first lecture them from your the comfort of affulent Cheshire.

There is no "free speech" on boards.ie, you of all people should know this ;)

You keep using the term "affluent", do i detect a hint of jealousy?
    (Bit like Royals on private jets telling people to stop flying on Ryanair, cause environment).

God save the queen and all that jazz old.boy :rolleyes:
    Isn't Cheshire where all the millionaire Northern Eng PL footballers live in big huge houses? Sounds nice, real nice, ah we can only dream of such idyllic leafy surrounds. Good for you sir!

Yeah there's a few around, some TV/movie stars too, again...you sound VERY jealous.

I moved back to Cheshire for personal reasons, my family (4 adult children) still live in Dublin.
    Sure why not all move to Sweden, it sounds just so delightfully wonderful these days.

There is no "free speech" on boards.ie...
    No idea what you mean, but sure, will take your word for it.
    You keep using the term "affluent", do i detect a hint of jealousy?
    ....Yeah there's a few around, some TV/movie stars too, again...you sound VERY jealous.
    Just testing if you'd deny any attribution of affulency - which you haven't done. You must be so posh indeed in a 98% white Chesire town full of celebs. Guess many other would be so well-Jel'.

Simply curious why you enjoy lecturing Irish on the benefits of mass migration and exponated cultural enrichment from such a position of secluded, segregated, affulent comfort.
    Myself am 100% all for (skilled, legal, proper) migration. A very great thing indeed.

How's Brexit (a net-result of mass {abnormal/illegal} migraton), going to work out for you. Perhaps you should re-consider that move to Sweden after all, so as to remain in the enriched EU, instead of Boris's Bordered Britain.

Sure why not all move to Sweden, it sounds just so delightfully wonderful these days.

Because my work/personal issues brings me to Cheshire not sweden :confused:

No idea what you mean, but sure, will take your word for it.

Sure buddy ;)

Just testing if you'd deny any attribution of affulency - which you haven't done. You must be so posh indeed in a 98% white Chesire town full of celebs. Guess many other would be so well-Jel'.

Sure hasnt Howth/Malahide got the same? Jealousy must be an awful bitter pill to swallow. Also can you show me where i claimed i live in a town "full.of celebs"?
    Simply curious why you enjoy lecturing Irish on the benefits of mass migration and exponated cultural enrichment from such a position of secluded comfort.

Care to show where i have "lectured" anyone?
    Myself am 100% all for (skilled, legal, proper) migration. A very great thing indeed.

Good for you kiddo.
    How's Brexit (a net-result of mass {abnormal/illegal} migraton), going to work out for you, perhaps you should re-consider that move to Sweden after all so as to remain in the enriched EU, instead of Boris's Britain.

I have dual UK/Irish citizenship so.i don't see any issues arising ;)

Because my work/personal issues brings me to Cheshire not sweden :confused:
    Lucky you! eh?

Sure maybe you're Bono, LilleyAllen or some millionaire always keen to tell the plebs what to do/think, but last to impliment such liberal narrative ideals themselves.

Anyhoo, I'll let the Butler get your supper organised now, a tally-ho and good night with dreams of some Swedish utopia, good Sir.

Lucky you! eh?

Sure maybe you're Bono, LilleyAllen or some millionaire always keen to tell the plebs what to do/think, but last to impliment such liberal narrative ideals themselves.

Anyhoo, I'll let the Butler get your supper organised now, a tally-ho and good night, Sir.

When you're in a hole you should always dig up kiddo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Turns out the Swedish Authority is ok with CASTRO as plate..

Castro2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Come on, 'the left' or at least as it's known today, is a construct of the fearful right IMO. Anything conservative and uncool, the left. Banning a licence plate is more of a classic right wing move than left, just because it's Trump?

I agree that banning a license plate is more of a classic right wing move, but in the last decade or so, the left genuinely has jumped all over the "ban anything offensive to anyone" bandwagon and bizarrely, it now tends to be the right who stand against that. We're living in very strange and disturbing times.

We're living in very strange and disturbing times.

The apocalypse is surely imminent at this rate. I receive all my factoids from Infowars, who do not amplify paranoia in those estranged from reality. Like individuals who cannot distinguish a suburb from a city, in a place they never visited. Why not sow discord and confusion, we're all gullible imbeciles willing to lap up what any boorish loudmouth with an inflatable globe pontificates.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The apocalypse is surely imminent at this rate. I receive all my factoids from Infowars, who do not amplify paranoia in those estranged from reality. Like individuals who cannot distinguish a suburb from a city, in a place they never visited. Why not sow discord and confusion, we're all gullible imbeciles willing to lap up what any boorish loudmouth with an inflatable globe pontificates.

Eh... Come again? O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Is that your dating app profile?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

biko wrote: »
    Turns out the Swedish Authority is ok with CASTRO as plate..

Castro2.jpg

Any mugabes or polpots. Not as cool as fidel I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Last night in Sweden

jesus lads, i thought there was another massacre or bombing or something....

a numberplate, jesus...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Countries that have quickie divorce laws like in Scandinavia (and now Ireland) are more susceptible to scam marriages for immigration purposes. If the migrant cannot get a quick and easy divorce (like in Ireland before the referendum), he/she will look to a country where such laws exist to perpetrate the scam (like Ireland now).

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Biko, aren't there tonnes of threads in AH where your reply has been, 'What do you think OP?', or 'What's your opinion OP?', yet you've contributed almost nothing to this thread, especially when you've just link dumped an article about Romania with no context.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,850 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Countries that have quickie divorce laws like in Scandinavia (and now Ireland) are more susceptible to scam marriages for immigration purposes. If the migrant cannot get a quick and easy divorce (like in Ireland before the referendum), he/she will look to a country where such laws exist to perpetrate the scam (like Ireland now).

Life must be hard for you in modern Ireland, I can somewhat understand your downtrodden posts now, but life is relatively good in Ireland nowadays, a far reach from our conservative and oppressed past, always work to do of course, many are not having a good life, but I'm hopeful of our progressive future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Life must be hard for you in modern Ireland, I can somewhat understand your downtrodden posts now, but life is relatively good in Ireland nowadays, a far reach from our conservative and oppressed past, always work to do of course, many are not having a good life, but I'm hopeful of our progressive future

I was merely making a point about immigrants and scam marriages. I said nothing about conservative values but since you brought it up, I see nothing progressive about liberalism. The progressive label is applied (wrongly in my opinion) to liberal laws. In recent years, Russia has run a counter campaign along the lines of the west does deals but Russia has values.

But please, lets get back on topic. I am not pro or anti migration per se. I do however think that there are imbalances in the world economy that are driving migration. Turkey`s PM Erdogan has hinted that he will open the floodgates to Syrians and Afgans heading for Europe if the EU do not give him more money on top of the 23 billion he already got. The answer to this is twofold. First the EU must demand the 23 billion back if he breaks the deal (the Russians were right, the west does do deals). Secondly and more importantly, it is important to consider the far reaching benefits for everyone if only the west would abolish the minimum wage and the welfare state.

Without a minimum wage or dole, people would have to work for what the markets will tolerate and this blarney about the Irish not being willing to do certain jobs anymore would be consigned to the rubbish bin of history where it belongs. These measures would not only regenerate western economies from the ground up but also they would render western economies far less attractive to immigrants who would have to compete against native populations for less pay (no minimum wage = no black market in labour).

Furthermore, by reducing the purchasing power of people in the west, other countries could more easily afford the goods and services countries like China produces and of course that includes the Chinese themselves.

This is why I do not blame or begrudge migrants who come to the west. They come because of our greed, we simply demand too much pay instead of allowing the market decide what we are worth.

Advertisement