Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galway GAA Discussion Thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GalwayLurker

Any thoughts on the yellow and red given to Joe Canning yesterday? From watching it on TG4 the first yellow was a joke, even Joe himself was amused at that one, the challenge where he got the red should have been yellow at most so in my opinion he should have finished the game with one yellow card for the clumsy challenge where he received the red. The nephew is a different story, he seemed to pull the face guard off the helmet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Any thoughts on the yellow and red given to Joe Canning yesterday? From watching it on TG4 the first yellow was a joke, even Joe himself was amused at that one, the challenge where he got the red should have been yellow at most so in my opinion he should have finished the game with one yellow card for the clumsy challenge where he received the red. The nephew is a different story, he seemed to pull the face guard off the helmet

I agree, 1st yellow for Joe was hardly even a foul.
    2nd one was a bit harsh too but you could make a case for it being yellow.
    Jack was pissed off obviously about Joe getting the line! it was a red yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,924 ✭✭✭threeball

Pretty much spot on but linesman could be forgiven for thinking he pulled the helmet as his arm was across the neck and the helmet popped just as he took it away.

Jack Canning was supposed to be the next big thing. Certainly didn't look like it yesterday. Kevin Cooney was immense for Sars, as was Morrissey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Was lucky enough to be at the game. I'll only give what I know/heard. First booking ref told JC it was his third foul. JC answered back Kevin Hynes has fouled me three times but he still got booked. Second foul by all accounts was going to be just a foul until the linesman called the referee over and said about the helmet being pulled off. Hence JCs outrage.

Couldn't see what Jack Canning got a red for until I got home. Stupid and deserved.

Players to note, (Shane O Neil was in front of me good to see him at games) Ronan O Meara deserves a proper look at this stage, nice to see Joseph Cooney blow off a few cobwebs and Kevin Cooney was impressive. Good game just a pity about the sending offs as I think it would of been down to the wire.

Side note I paid for the online weekend pass. While it was mostly decent I found a few issues with the link breaking. Could be just my internet but wondering if anyone else had the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

O'Meara definitely done enough to get a look in at Senior. Kevin Cooney is very exciting prospect. Club championship could propel a few of these lads centre stage for Galway yet.

Bought weekend pass as well, streamed straight through for me no problem on any games but only watched 2 live. Pearse Stadium a much better watch than Athenry but good facility to have.

• Advertisement

Would ye have a link to the streaming service lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Hynes been a sarsfield sneaky snake wouldn’t help joe out. He was dragging joe down to get him sent off, jack has no complaints.
    Portumna should be delighted with five minors stepping up yesterday the game was in the melting pot till the sending offs. Portumna missed three goal scoring chances which would have changed the complexion of the game had one maybe two gone in. I know I’m speculating.

threeball wrote: »
    Would ye have a link to the streaming service lads.

https://www.beosport.live/products/galway-shc-24-26-july-weekend-pass

This should bring you into the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭MfMan

Good to see John keeping up with events.

• Advertisement

Oughterard half back with one of the worst misses off all time. Couldn't hit the target with no pressure on from the edge of the square.

Where are they going with the water breaks as well in a 30min a side game.

Are they just copying the Premier League as I dont remember there being water breaks in GAA games before.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Oughterard half back with one of the worst misses off all time. Couldn't hit the target with no pressure on from the edge of the square.

Where are they going with the water breaks as well in a 30min a side game.

Are they just copying the Premier League as I dont remember there being water breaks in GAA games before.

terrible miss, it would have made a massive differnce at the time but given the score now little or no differnce at all.

7-16 from play is ridiculous.

Corofin with a fair few missing too.

as for the water break, absolute nonsense, I didn't know it was a thing in The GAA until now.

Pathetic performance from Oughterard. Once they missed the goal chances they threw in the towel. Barely put a tackle on Corofin in the 2nd half. They better buck up their ideas or they won't be senior very long. Corofin looked good but there was no challenge and probably won't see one till the quarter finals at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

The water break is so that players do not share water bottles. Which apparently is an easy way of spreading the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

The water break is so that players do not share water bottles. Which apparently is an easy way of spreading the virus.

Was at a champ game in a different county today and plenty of bottles being thrown in throughout the game.

Was at a champ game in a different county today and plenty of bottles being thrown in throughout the game.

Have seen similar. But its not supposed to be happening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Have seen similar. But its not supposed to be happening.

They are supposed to put a Name to each water bottle and throw them to that person if needed. The introduction of a water break after 15/45 mins should mean nobody needs one during play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

They are supposed to put a Name to each water bottle and throw them to that person if needed. The introduction of a water break after 15/45 mins should mean nobody needs one during play.

That's the theory but in practice people are slipping back into previous habits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Jaysus Annaghdown were poor. Comer was fairly anonymous.

Jaysus Annaghdown were poor. Comer was fairly anonymous.

He often is at club level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does Kilcommins feature regularly for the footballers btw?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

from GHH FB page;

We would like to clarify the following;

In recent weeks, there has been increasing speculation that Johnny Glynn had transferred back to the Ardrahan club & his return to Ireland was imminent.

However, footage posted on social media last night has proven this to be nothing but speculation.

The New York GAA club season began this weekend & Glynn lined out for the Sligo club vs St. Barnabas last night in the football championship.

So as it stands, Johnny remains in New York & a member of the Sligo club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Is he still okay to come back once he does not play hurling over there? I thought you can play with more than one club but you cannot play the same code in two clubs in the same year.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

In general are clubs in the county adhering to the 200 capacity at a game?

Heard a few stories during the week about some clubs having well over the 200 allowed inside the ground during games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Stewball wrote: »
    In general are clubs in the county adhering to the 200 capacity at a game?

Heard a few stories during the week about some clubs having well over the 200 allowed inside the ground during games.

been at 3 games during lockdown, everything is been adhered to here in galway

been at 3 games during lockdown, everything is been adhered to here in galway

were they competitive games or challenge games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

were they competitive games or challenge games?

senior and intermediate championship, also been at minor and jun b championship games, these require no tickets

senior and intermediate championship, also been at minor and jun b championship games, these require no tickets

My own experience is championship games follow the rules. Non-competitive fixtures are much more relaxed.

Some game Moycullen vs. Annaghdown. With things going pear shaped case wise it's hard to know how long it will continue but some of the games have been excellent. Whatever happens let's hope Beosports continues going forward. Great option for people watching games.

• Advertisement

Some game Moycullen vs. Annaghdown. With things going pear shaped case wise it's hard to know how long it will continue but some of the games have been excellent. Whatever happens let's hope Beosports continues going forward. Great option for people watching games.

I'd say we will have streaming going forward regardless of what happens.

Advertisement