Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What days do you have off work, around Christmas?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Seeing as I'm a "lazy student", I'm off from this Thursday, the 21st til the 22nd of January!!! W00T!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last day at the salt mines Dec 22nd. Back again Jan 2nd.
    Christmas week off, muy excellente!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Finish up on the 22nd and then back in on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

crybaby wrote:
    and rubadub alot of companies do not like allow their staff to take holidays in December from say the 15th till the start of Januart as otherwise you would have your entire staff off on holidays for Christmas
    Yep I fully realise that, I was just wondering if the OP did ask for holidays in the usual manner. I get mine first come first served, many want the same days off in summer too and are not allowed. Many companies do not allow their staff to take holidays whenever they want, not just december (but of course more likely). My company used to force holidays in july for a production line.
    Many in nursing or bar work have to take them on rotas, maybe 2 years on, one off.

I am really getting at the point that they are not "free" holidays, some still view them as such. And I would perfer to have none of my holidays forced upon me.

I have a few mates who end up working, pissed off at first but then delighted. They get double pay and have the "right" to turn up with a wicked hangover and usually have feck all work to do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

My next act is to log out of boards.ie. I shall then turn off my PC and head home until Jan 2nd. As Mr. Burns might put it, Excellent.......:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

..I'll be abroad....in your face Dave! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

i'm off the 25th, 26th, 27th of December and the 1st of january. :)

anymore and i'd be bored sh*tless, i hate xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

DaveMcG wrote:
    I'm off Christmas Day, Stephens' Day, and then I'm back in on the Wednesday :(

You?

Same as.
    Couldn't care, as work will be a piece of piddle and atmosphere very chilled.
    I'd rather that than waste days off - I'll just carry them over and use them for city breaks in Jan and Feb when the need to escape the hole is greater!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

off chistmas day and stephens day, thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

working nights up until friday night/saturday morning, then off until the following friday (yep... working through new years again...)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Off from 15th dec to 5th jan or sth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Working Christmas eve and probably Christmas Day as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Working 24th, no more work then till the 1st or 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Normally I would work over new year I hate going out. I couldn't get a cheap flight before the 4th so decided to stay home until then!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I'm in college, i finished up on friday until the beginning of february. With 2 tests somewhere in the middle. Not too bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I finsh up this week on Wednesday morning, but i'm back in on Christmas morning at 8am. Working the full week until Friday. Had to offer to work Christmas so that i'd be available for a wedding on the 30th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

Been forced to do anything from 10 - 16 hour days over the last month or so (computer company, quarter end)

(monday - friday)

until christmas the overtime being forced is

Monday 18th - 12 hour
    Tuesday 19th - 12 hours (possibly more, we are not sure yet)
    Wednesday 20th - 12+ hours
    Thursday 21st - 16 hours
    Friday 22nd - Regular 8am-4.30pm shift

weekend off
    monday - xmas day off
    tuesday - stephens day off

Wednesday 27th - 16 hours
    Thursday 28th - 16 hours
    Friday 29th - 16 hours

weekend off
    newyears

--

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Finish on the farm this friday, off until January 8th then, go research!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

finish on the 22nd then off until January 8th :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement