Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2011 Boards forecast contest

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

ploughing championship is on in Athy around the 21st to 23rd september.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

NIALL D wrote: »
    max temp on the 4th , all ireland hurling final day between tipperary and kilkenny !!

or would that be too early in the month ?

o tipp are goin to win also :D:)

Ha, not likely :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The Solheim cup is to be played in Meath between the 23rd and 25th of Sept, this is where we send our european womenfold out to whup ass in the ladies equivalent of the Ryder Cup.

Q on aggregate rain delays ( hours) over the 3 days.
    Supp Q on number of days with rain delay and which

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Pardon my ignorance, but which weather station would be best for the hurling final?

I think we'll go with that and severe points deductions for late entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

North Side of Dublin.

Dublin Airport is 3 miles away to the north
    and Phoenix park is prob 3 miles to the whest.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭waterways

New lowest temp 3.7 at Mullingar yesterday

UPDATE for 28 days ... the IMT now sits at 13.8 C and may continue to drift down a little further.

Rainfall the past week was close to 70% which keeps the monthly average around 77%.

Sunshine was higher than before at 142%, almost enough to bring us back to normal but not quite (94% now). This may get fairly close to 100% if the clouds part for the final two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Was the lowest temperature 2.7c in Mullingar?
    I read that today in the independent, but then again that could well have just been inaccurate facts gathering by the paper!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/what-summer-august-was-coldest-in-25-years-2861997.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Was the lowest temperature 2.7c in Mullingar?
    I read that today in the independent, but then again that could well have just been inaccurate facts gathering by the paper!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/what-summer-august-was-coldest-in-25-years-2861997.html

Typo i'd say, 3.7!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

High for 31st was Valentia 18.3 i think.

• Advertisement

I can confirm that, 18.3 for the bonus, and Jerry Seinfeld & 4sheets closest at 18.0, nilhg (17.9) and Danno, ch750536 (18.7) next closest.

On the monthly values, first of all the monthly mean is delayed as Mullingar has not been posted but I believe the IMT value will be 13.6 and so I can go ahead with scoring as scores will be derived from "mercy rule" in any case (lowest forecast was 14.1).

The highest for the month was confirmed to be 23.6 at Phoenix Park (4th) in the summary, and the lowest 3.7 at Mullingar (26th).

Rainfall came in at 72% of normal, sunshine at 93% of normal. The bonus as discussed was 18.3 C.

Scoring now underway in the annual scoring thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Satellite animation of the north Atlantic region for the summer period June, July and August:

http://vimeo.com/28440443

Images are from Vedur.is and not the 'Vedur.ie' as I stupidly typed in on intro. Really need new glasses - and a new brain.. :o

Advertisement