Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

St Mirren and Aberdeen postponed, Aberdeen would have most likely been rescheduled anyway. A full weeks training for the CL qualifiers with hopefully no injuries. Grand job. Nothing so serious as to throw the toys out of the pram. :D

I think we’ll be lucky to get away with the two games just being postponed. Hopefully we won’t have to forfeit the Champions League match.

We’ll be playing catch-up to the rest of the league in terms of points and fixture congestion and there is the suggestion that Sky will seek their money back for the St. Mirren game too.

Wouldn’t want to be Boli in the dressing room. He’s fcuked the club, his teammates and the support. Kilmarnock players couldn’t be too pleased with him either.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Should have his contract terminated immediately. No excuse for that behaviour and he has brought a huge amount of negative attention on the club.

And get rid of Griffiths asap as well please.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

St Mirren and Aberdeen postponed, Aberdeen would have most likely been rescheduled anyway. A full weeks training for the CL qualifiers with hopefully no injuries. Grand job. Nothing so serious as to throw the toys out of the pram. :D

Just what we need 2 games into the 10IAR league season when we've already dropped points.

We need game time, not a week's training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think we’ll be lucky to get away with the two games just being postponed. Hopefully we won’t have to forfeit the Champions League match.

We’ll be playing catch-up to the rest of the league in terms of points and fixture congestion and there is the suggestion that Sky will seek their money back for the St. Mirren game too.

Wouldn’t want to be Boli in the dressing room. He’s fcuked the club, his teammates and the support. Kilmarnock players couldn’t be too pleased with him either.

No chance the CL game will be pulled. We'll still play the same amount of league games as everyone else. We're 2 games in, not mid season. I'm sure he'll get stick for a few days, then it'll move onto someone else. People calling for him to be sacked are emotional wrecks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Chris Sutton being an "emotional wreck"

There should be no way back for Bolingoli at Celtic now. If he knowingly went to Spain before the Kilmarnock game and broke quarantine rules he showed he really doesn’t give a sh## about his teammates, the manager and the support… Celtic should get rid immediately

Hard to disagree. Unless you dont give a shíte about the club, team, manager or the fans.

No chance the CL game will be pulled. We'll still play the same amount of league games as everyone else. We're 2 games in, not mid season. I'm sure he'll get stick for a few days, then it'll move onto someone else. People calling for him to be sacked are emotional wrecks.

This is quite serious and the consequences for club could be horrendous.

His disregard for the club and his teammates is p!ss poor.

Even if we forget the brainless breach of Covid-19 regulations and it's own consequences, any player disrespectful enough to be causing a circumstance that has the club postponing matches etc. and being reprimanded by Nicola Sturgeon for any reason should be severely dealt with.

I kind of agree that impulsively sacking him might not be in the best interests of the club and could make a messy situation even worse for Celtic but one way or another this clown need to be jettisoned from the club (he's not good enough to wear the shirt in any event).

I'd say the likes of Lenny, Scott Brown, McGregor etc. are seething with the idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

pjohnson wrote: »
    Chris Sutton being an "emotional wreck"

Hard to disagree. Unless you dont give a shíte about the club, team, manager or the fans.

If it was Edouard I doubt Sutton would be calling for him to be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Neil Lennon on Bolingoli: “We gave players a couple of days off after Hamilton. We made it clear to players they were not to leave Glasgow. Boli took flight to Spain on Monday and kept it to himself.... we were livid, appalled.

“We have been bitterly let down by an individual. I didn’t want to hear his excuse. He has blanatly disregarded our instructions.”

“There’s anger and disappointment from the squad. It’s just simply not good enough and it’s disrupted our plans.”

It will be very difficult to imagine him (Bolingoli) being welcomed back into the dressing room in the future

This is a rogue who has gone off tangent and has done something very very selfish. We have been completely oblivious to this. I’m absolutely livid it’s a total betrayal of our trust."

Neil Lennon on Bolingoli: “We gave players a couple of days off after Hamilton. We made it clear to players they were not to leave Glasgow. Boli took flight to Spain on Monday and kept it to himself.... we were livid, appalled.

“We have been bitter let down by an individual. I didn’t want to hear his excuse. He has blanatly disregarded our instructions.”

“There’s anger and disappointment from the squad. It’s just simply not good enough and it’s disrupted our plans.”

“This is a rogue who has gone off tangent and has done something very very selfish. We have been completely oblivious to this. I’m absolutely livid it’s a total betrayal of our trust.”

Seems unlikely he'll laugh this off as bantz and appreciate the extra training Bolignoli got the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Whits Bolignoli dain' Tam

https://twitter.com/celticbible/status/1293169308512780288

Lenny is clearly beyond fuming here. And it should be noted - speaks very well as always.

Any player who may have an at risk or vulnerable loved one at home will quite rightly be fit to kill Bolingoli.

A selfish pr!ck who has fcuked his teammates and the supporters not to mention possibly derail the best laid plans for 10-in-a-row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭jacool

Untwist the panties. He made a mistake. Legally he's liable for a £480 fine and a talking to. He's been tested twice since he got back and was negative both times. Silly mistake, but no harm, no foul. Fine him a few weeks wages and get on with it.
    But when you are meant to be operating within a "footballing bubble" and you decide to hit a pub then you deserve what you get.

Spot the odd one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

Untwist the panties. He made a mistake. Legally he's liable for a £480 fine and a talking to. He's been tested twice since he got back and was negative both times. Silly mistake, but no harm, no foul. Fine him a few weeks wages and get on with it.

Is it just me or has the usage of "mistake" changed in recent times? It was similar with the Barry Cowen affair. It seems any and all wrong doing is claimed to be an innocent mistake, even if it's done 100% intentionally and the person is fully aware what they're doing is wrong.

To me a mistake is trying to do the right thing but doing something wrong that you didn't intend on doing, or were unaware was the wrong thing to do; taking the wrong exit off a motorway, dialling a wrong number or misspelling an email. Even some criminal acts can be called mistakes if you're genuinely unaware it's against the law.

Unless he's blind, deaf and has no fingers to read Braille he can't possibly claim he's unaware of the rules regarding Covid-19 (from either Celtic,the SFA or the Scottish and UK Governments)and innocently thought going to Spain was alright. I'm not seeing where his "mistake" was considering everything he did (i.e. travel to Spain and back) was completely his intention. It was a wilful act of rulebreaking that he knew was wrong, and he should face severe consequences for it.

jacool wrote: »
    Spot the odd one out.

Bolingoli got what he deserved. 2 games have been postponed, although it’s extremely doubtful the Aberdeen one would have gone ahead In the first place. He’ll get his £480 fine from Nic and he’ll get a big fine from the club and possibly a suspension.

I don’t get the pantie wetting over it. If it was Edouard or McGregor or Christie the same lads in here close to tears would be massively downplaying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This season has just got interesting. I be fuming if I was Celtic fan right now.

If he was a part of costing ye 10 in a row........ oh the pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Maybe I am a bit off but I have some blame for Celtic themselves. It is not like a player went to a pub before a game on a regular season. He was absent for 2 days and got on a plane to another country.

Given what is happening with the pandemic you would think Celtic would be making sure where all there players are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Could well be 11 points behind the next time we kick a ball in the league, assuming Rangers win their next 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Maybe I am a bit off but I have some blame for Celtic themselves. It is not like a player went to a pub before a game on a regular season. He was absent for 2 days and got on a plane to another country.

Given what is happening with the pandemic you would think Celtic would be making sure where all there players are.

He was only gone one night, in post-game free time... how close an eye should they be keeping on grown men?

I don’t get the pantie wetting over it. If it was Edouard or McGregor or Christie the same lads in here close to tears would be massively downplaying it.

I can't recall too many times when the actions of a player has lead to a country's leader threatening to suspend the entire season.

And the second in command of the police comments on the matter.

Are these such common occurrences at Celtic that people criticising this incident are "panty wetters", have "twisted panties" and are (my favourite one) "emotional wrecks". Is it possible that the hysteria and OTT reaction is on your part?

I can't recall too many times when the actions of a player has lead to a country's leader threatening to suspend the entire season.

And the second in command of the police comments on the matter.

Are these such common occurrences at Celtic that people criticising this incident are "panty wetters", have "twisted panties" and are (my favourite one) "emotional wrecks". Is it possible that the hysteria and OTT reaction is on your part?

It was one rogue player. Where was this uproar and pantywetting when an entire Rangers* second team played Dundee with 7 players tested, but not gotten results?? Or the threats to close the league when 8 Aberdeen players decided to go to a rammed pub?

Overblown by the media because it’s Celtic and helped along by the clubs own fans “outrage”.

• Advertisement

It was one rogue player. Where was this uproar and pantywetting when an entire Rangers* second team played Dundee with 7 players tested, but not gotten results?? Or the threats to close the league when 8 Aberdeen players decided to go to a rammed pub?

Overblown by the media because it’s Celtic and helped along by the clubs own fans “outrage”.

Obviously. The video above shows how delighted Neil is and not at all annoyed by Bolignoli. Clearly everyone but you is wrong!

Obviously. The video above shows how delighted Neil is and not at all annoyed by Bolignoli. Clearly everyone but you is wrong!

Yeah, because if he’d come out and said ‘silly mistake, but no harm done’. The media and Celtic da’s wouldn’t have had a second sh1tfit

Yeah, because if he’d come out and said ‘silly mistake, but no harm done’. The media and Celtic da’s wouldn’t have had a second sh1tfit

Ah so its a "silent" support Bolignoli will be recieving from everyone. Suuuure.

Ah so its a "silent" support Bolignoli will be recieving from everyone. Suuuure.

He’ll be getting the pi55 ripped out of him mercilessly in the dressing room. Anyone that thinks he’s gonna be shunned is crazy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He was only gone one night, in post-game free time... how close an eye should they be keeping on grown men?

With what is at stake with both the virus and suspension of sports and loss of earning for them and other less off clubs maybe a bit more then usually

Not just the media.

But Celtic FC.

And Celtic's manager.

And former players.

As well as fans, as you note.

You are making the argument that Celtic is full of "panty wetters wetting twisted panties". I don't think everyone is out of step with you. It was very obviously open to the club to say "one rogue player stepped out of line, his problem, what can we do, next question".

Nonsense. There was uproar about the Aberdeen players, and rightly so. But Bolingoli left the country by plane, went to a high risk country, came back, told nobody and trained and played afterwards. That is gross misconduct imo and he should be ditched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

In non boli bolingoli news;

Ajeti deal looks close to getting done, widely reported that he will sign on a permanent deal for £5m rather than the earlier reported loan with option to buy.

Bayo completes his loan to Toulouse.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    In non boli bolingoli news;

Ajeti deal looks close to getting done, widely reported that he will sign on a permanent deal for £5m rather than the earlier reported loan with option to buy.

Good. Now all we need is a new left centre back, a new left back and some back up for James Forrest......

As fans, let's forget about this Bolingoli sh!t and let the club sort him out. Come back against Dundee United on Saturday week nice and ready to drive on.

The only ones who can stop the 10 is ourselves and we've had our slip-ups nice an early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

The again maybe, just maybe NL is being totally genuine there, which i happen to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Boli is an idiot and we should sack him for gross negligence if we can and get him off the payroll. Only silver lining from this is the board may more likely go and buy a lb/lwb after we get shot of Boli. We needed a lb anyway. Boli has never been good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Duffy supposedly in talks with Celtic. Those EPL guys in the Ireland thread are going to be gutted

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/celtic-transfer-latest-shane-duffy-22513638

Sorry for linking to that rag. For those who don't want to give them the clicks...

https://tbrfootball.com/report-celtic-enter-race-for-brighton-defender-shane-duffy-loan-deal-has-been-discussed/

A long shot but Duffy would be great for us. Exactly what we'd need.

Bring him home Lenny!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

US2 wrote: »
    Duffy supposedly in talks with Celtic. Those EPL guys in the Ireland thread are going to be gutted

I will love it love it if he signs for us :)

Would be a great signing even if it's just the one year loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭eire4

Brilliant stuff. LMAO. Seriously though we do need a centre back and Duffy would be an excellent signing I think. Would be delighted if this went through.

eire4 wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff. LMAO. Seriously though we do need a centre back and Duffy would be an excellent signing I think. Would be delighted if this went through.

Agreed. It’s gained a bit more weight over the past couple of days with us apparently being Shane’s preferred destination.

What a weapon he would be in both boxes for Lenny.

A fairly sh1te week for the club has ended quite well with Ajani coming in, definite moves to bring in reinforcements at the back and there will be no 11 point gap come the time we play United.

And of course Moussa!!! What a man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Decent result for us with Rangers dropping points today. Need to put the whole recent episode behind and hit the ground running next week.

Team for this evening,

Barkas, Elhamed, Bitton, Jullien, Taylor, Brown, McGregor; Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard

Subs: Bain, Ajeti, Klimala, Rogic, Ntcham, Frimpong, Ajer

What??? No Bolingoli????

Strong starting eleven and bench. No problems with Bitton being in instead of Ajer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,166 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Is it been shown anywhere?

paulie21 wrote: »
    Is it been shown anywhere?

Premier Sports 1.

Team for this evening,

Barkas, Elhamed, Bitton, Jullien, Taylor, Brown, McGregor; Forrest, Christie, Elyounoussi, Edouard

Subs: Bain, Ajeti, Klimala, Rogic, Ntcham, Frimpong, Ajer

What??? No Bolingoli????

Strong starting eleven and bench. No problems with Bitton being in instead of Ajer.

Not sure why we've changed the back 4 for a game like this, I think Bitton and Elhamed are solid enough but in a pressure game with a new keeper behind them I'd prefer a settled back 4.

Shouldn't be an issue against these though

Yeees. Moi!!!

• Advertisement

RoryMac wrote: »
    Not sure why we've changed the back 4 for a game like this, I think Bitton and Elhamed are solid enough but in a pressure game with a new keeper behind them I'd prefer a settled back 4.

Shouldn't be an issue against these though

True. But two very solid replacements. Frimpong is a little unlucky but Ajer needed a boot up the hole.

2!!! Eddy.

Inevitable he was going to score. Already missed a couple of good chances. No way was he going to keep on missing them.

True. But two very solid replacements. Frimpong is a little unlucky but Ajer needed a boot up the hole.

Well doesn't look like it'll be an issue tonight!

Yeah Frimpong unlucky but I think Elhamed has been unfortunate not to play more games, he was excellent at the start of last year before he got injured

3!! Comfortably through now and a good run out before the return to league action this weekend.

Hopefully Lenny makes some early substitutions and we don’t pick up any injuries.

What a goal by Eddy. Good to see Ajeti and Klimala getting a chance now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement