Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle Aisle Jamboree RIP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,410 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I wish they'd get rid of that stuff altogether and concentrate on selling actual food and cleaning items etc.
    Most of the stuff they have is rubbish and who in their right mind would buy electrical products in their stores.

THey do sell actual food and cleaning products. I saw them there last week in the other aisles but I 'm not sure if they were concentrating on them.

They certainly don't sell rubbish. Their sports brand "Crivit" is good quality and their electrical stuff is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

The government have completely lost the confidence of the people (well what little they had) The restrictions are ridiculous and unfair, there has been no joined up thinking and they have been applied in a reactive manner based purely on certain sections whinging and complaining. In the last lock down, dunnes etc could sell clothes and no one complained. Aldi/Lidl could sell the stuff in the middle aisle and no one complained.

This time schools are open as are many other businesses that were closed last time but essential items like clothes and footwear cant be bought. Winter is approaching and people cant buy coats or warmer clothes yet can buy all the alcohol they want. Garden centres are open, why? Who needs gardening equipment or plants/flowers this time of year?? Like I said, no joined up thinking.

Its been one calamity after the next for the current shower in government. Leo (as much as I don't like him) is a very smart lad, he knew things were going to go tits up and so let Mehole the arsehole take the reins knowing that he was going to be unable to do anything right and then hopefully next year when things improve it'll be his turn and he can take all the glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

What the fyuck is this title.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

I wish they'd get rid of that stuff altogether and concentrate on selling actual food and cleaning items etc.
    Most of the stuff they have is rubbish and who in their right mind would buy electrical products in their stores.

I mean who the hell wants a three year guarantee with purchases? Obviously not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

For a minute there I thought Jambons were cancelled. Don't be scaring us OP.

Carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

What Aldi are people going to where there were parties in the middle Isle?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Never saw the attraction.

It is quite literally my favourite thing about shopping! I went for milk the other day and came back with 2 solar power motion sensor yard lights and an engraver.

I think we should protest. This is a step too far!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

You clearly don't understand how to snappy title. :)

Clickbait? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

silverharp wrote: »
    What Aldi are people going to where there were parties in the middle Isle?

Boy Scouts? Don't they have Jamborees?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Boy Scouts? Don't they have Jamborees?

I'd accept car boot sale, yard sale as a descriptor

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,797 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

silverharp wrote: »
    I'd accept car boot sale, yard sale as a descriptor

It's still better quality than an Irish car boot sale.
    And nothing was stolen. :D

Advertisement