Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-01-2020, 22:05   #61
Dav010

Quote:
Originally Posted by givyjoe View Post
And if no one is willing to pay the price the seller wants, what does that tell you? It's fairly simple.
The seller won’t sell?
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 22:08   #62
Dolbhad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav010 View Post
The seller won’t sell?

I think that’s it. Some sellers may be happy to wait it out and not much you can to.
24-01-2020, 22:09   #63
beauf

Quote:
And if no one is willing to pay the price the seller wants, what does that tell you? It's fairly simple.
That no one is willing to pay it now. Might be at some other time though.

Isn't that why people waited till out of negative equity to sell. Even if it took years.

There was a bungalow near me I was watching for the folks to downsize. But they were looking for a crazy price, on the market for must be 3yrs. Eventually sold though. I wouldn't deal with someone that stubborn personally.

People will put value on very subtle things when it comes to property.
24-01-2020, 22:14   #64
Spanish Eyes

A neighbour up the road from me put house up for X. We all snorted. It lingered for five months, and then was reduced by wait for it....45k all noted on the website with the arrow down thinggys.

Sold within a month. Of course sellers can be precious. But realism bites. Good time to buy IMO. And sellers have to be realistic nowadays too. As do tyre kicking viewers who think they will get the bargain of the century.

Apart from one off houses, there is usually a ceiling price for an area. I always keep that in mind.
24-01-2020, 22:27   #65
JamesMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanish Eyes View Post
A neighbour up the road from me put house up for X. We all snorted. It lingered for five months, and then was reduced by wait for it....45k all noted on the website with the arrow down thinggys.

Sold within a month. Of course sellers can be precious. But realism bites. Good time to buy IMO. And sellers have to be realistic nowadays too. As do tyre kicking viewers who think they will get the bargain of the century.

Apart from one off houses, there is usually a ceiling price for an area. I always keep that in mind.
Reality bites indeed.
Advertisement
24-01-2020, 22:27   #66
Shefwedfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauf View Post
That no one is willing to pay it now. Might be at some other time though.

Isn't that why people waited till out of negative equity to sell. Even if it took years.

There was a bungalow near me I was watching for the folks to downsize. But they were looking for a crazy price, on the market for must be 3yrs. Eventually sold though. I wouldn't deal with someone that stubborn personally.

People will put value on very subtle things when it comes to property.
Moral of story is the seller was right and got the price they wanted
24-01-2020, 22:54   #67
Umaro

Send a message via ICQ to Umaro
I'd hate to have wait 3 years to prove I was right.
(2) thanks from:
24-01-2020, 23:04   #68
JamesMason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umaro View Post
I'd hate to have wait 3 years to prove I was right.
Or to wait 3.5 years until you realise that you've missed the boat.
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2020, 10:10   #69
givyjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shefwedfan View Post
Moral of story is the seller was right and got the price they wanted
Ha. Good one. What do you reckon actually happened! Over 3 years the prices rose to finally meet the originally over inflated asking price.
Advertisement
25-01-2020, 10:20   #70
Dav010

Quote:
Ha. Good one. What do you reckon actually happened! Over 3 years the prices rose to finally meet the originally over inflated asking price.
Welcome to the property market. Prices rise and fall, some buyers are willing to pay more than others if they want a particular property, some people need to sell and will accept the highest offer, others don’t need to sell and have no problem waiting for the price they want. Ce la vie.
25-01-2020, 11:04   #71
givyjoe

Quote:
Welcome to the property market. Prices rise and fall, some buyers are willing to pay more than others if they want a particular property, some people need to sell and will accept the highest offer, others don’t need to sell and have no problem waiting for the price they want. Ce la vie.
Seriously, are you not reading my posts? Are you determined to go round and round in a fruitless attempt to disprove the blindingly obvious? If NO ONE is willing to pay the asking price, then it isn't worth the asking price.
25-01-2020, 12:16   #72
Dav010

Quote:
Seriously, are you not reading my posts? Are you determined to go round and round in a fruitless attempt to disprove the blindingly obvious? If NO ONE is willing to pay the asking price, then it isn't worth the asking price.
I can see you are getting agitated, so I’ll have another go at explaining my point.

If a house does not sell today, then it is not worth the asking price. But tomorrow a higher bid might come in, so it will be worth more tomorrow than it was today because someone offers more for it. Next month someone might offer 10k more, so the value on the house is 10k higher than it was when the previous bidder bid. Some sellers are happy to wait and see how high the value will rise, or whether it will reach their valuation. So be it, if you can afford to wait, why sell today for less when you might well get more for it in 3 or 6, or even 12 months?
(2) thanks from:
25-01-2020, 13:58   #73
givyjoe

Quote:
I can see you are getting agitated, so I’ll have another go at explaining my point.

If a house does not sell today, then it is not worth the asking price. But tomorrow a higher bid might come in, so it will be worth more tomorrow than it was today because someone offers more for it. Next month someone might offer 10k more, so the value on the house is 10k higher than it was when the previous bidder bid. Some sellers are happy to wait and see how high the value will rise, or whether it will reach their valuation. So be it, if you can afford to wait, why sell today for less when you might well get more for it in 3 or 6, or even 12 months?
Honestly, I can only assume you're on the wind up.
25-01-2020, 14:09   #74
Shefwedfan

Quote:
I guess they wanted to sell their house, they sold it...happy days
25-01-2020, 14:39   #75
beauf

Quote:
Give it 20yrs...

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion