Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game of Thrones [HBO & Sky Atlantic] **Spoilers** (Read Warning Post #1)

1333435363739»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Andy!! wrote: »
    I think it started out amazingly, and is still pretty good. Clash of Kings is the worst book to be honest.

I know nothing about the books, I taught the first series was excellent but for some reason I'm finding it very hard to get into this one.

The only part I find myself intrigued by is kelisey and the dragons and they don't even focus that much on them !.

P.s when is kelisey going to get naked again, she looks like she needs a good ride lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Its spelled Khaleesi dude :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

And Emilia Clarke had the nudity clause removed from her contract after the first season so no more naked Khaleesi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

nooooooooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Sleepy wrote: »
    And Emilia Clarke had the nudity clause removed from her contract after the first season so no more naked Khaleesi.

Ah so thats why she wasn't wearing traditional Quarth attire :(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Don't fret, I'm sure there will be plenty of visible nipples throughout the rest of the series............

calex71 wrote: »
    Ah so thats why she wasn't wearing traditional Quarth attire :(
    Well, that and I'm guessing that most actresses would look for more money for any level of nudity so even the bit players or extras may have been harder to cast / afford.

It'd be a pretty difficult thing to justify in the budget meeting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

any1 know where i can get the 9th episode of second season online i deleted out of my sky plus by mistake i cant watch tenth till i see it going mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Sorry brilou, I think posting links to stuff like that is not allowed by this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Err.. only if it's illegal.

Sky customers have access to Sky Anytime on their website so sign up to it and you'll be able to stream or download the last few episodes. Alternatively you can use a broadband cable to stream the episodes directly through your Sky plus box.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just got into this on Sunday and having watched both seasons all I can say is......wow. What an amazing show, with a more or less top notch cast from minor to major.

But the thing that amazes me most is the unpredictability of the show, and the ballsy decisions it makes. I know it's based on books and the storylines and character fates have already been mapped out but all the same, when Ned was executed in S1 I was just speechless. I was convinced he'd be a mainstay throughout the show.

GoT is right up there with Breaking Bad as my favourite show on right now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Just got into this on Sunday and having watched both seasons all I can say is......wow. What an amazing show, with a more or less top notch cast from minor to major.

But the thing that amazes me most is the unpredictability of the show, and the ballsy decisions it makes. I know it's based on books and the storylines and character fates have already been mapped out but all the same, when Ned was executed in S1 I was just speechless. I was convinced he'd be a mainstay throughout the show.

Read the books. You won't be disappointed. The tv show is largely faithful to the books (But deviates more in the second season) The grandeur of the novel can't be compared with the screen version, due to limited budgets. Give it a go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Well, that and I'm guessing that most actresses would look for more money for any level of nudity so even the bit players or extras may have been harder to cast / afford.

It'd be a pretty difficult thing to justify in the budget meeting!

I doubt it considering the amount of nudity and sexuality they've had so far. They seem to consider it important.

Also a random extra to perform nudity would be extremely cheap. But you are right in that for a specific actress like Emilia Clarke to do it, the sky is the limit over how much she might ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Seriously? You prefer Feast to Clash?

I reckon both are fairly weak in the overall context of the series. Both books felt a bit like filler. I mean, they advance everything along nicely but I found myself skimming through them much more than the other four.

Wasn't mad into this series: little things like the battle scenes being ridiculously unrealistic. I mean, who leaves a fortified position (as with Yoren attacking the Lannisters sent to claim Gendry)? Plus the battle scene at King's Landing looked really really amateurish.

I understand they have a limited budget but basic battle formations and tactics couldn't hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

read the books so, when you get to the 3rd one your jaw will hit the floor and stay there for a while :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭KingEnda

calex71 wrote: »
    read the books so, when you get to the 3rd one your jaw will hit the floor and stay there for a while :D

Just reading the 3rd book now and trying to get over the shock of what happens. :eek::eek::eek:
    I am studying for exams and find the escapisim in GoT to be fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭RichT

Anyone miss Game of Thrones from the start?

It's being repeated from the start on SKY ONE tomorrow night @ 10pm 10/09/12

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

RichT wrote: »

Must delete American Horror Story so I can have both seasons of this saved on me sky box(along with every other thing:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

RichT wrote: »

Do you know if they plan to show through the second season as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I just got into this last week. myself and Hub loving it. So unpredictable. Anyway I have only seen season 1 but am probably goin to download season 2 over the wknd. The question I have is.. Is the 3rd season recorded yet and if so when is it goin to air?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    I just got into this last week. myself and Hub loving it. So unpredictable. Anyway I have only seen season 1 but am probably goin to download season 2 over the wknd. The question I have is.. Is the 3rd season recorded yet and if so when is it goin to air?

THey're filming at the moment, wrapping in October I think. Will be airing around the end of march 2013.

Mickeroo wrote: »

THey're filming at the moment, wrapping in October I think. Will be airing around the end of march 2013.
    Oh no I don't think I'll be able to wait that long. lol

Time to get the books so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Books all the way!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,395 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Indeed, i was set on only reading each book after it's respective season but after A Clash of Kings there was no turning back really.

• Advertisement

Are the books on kindle?

Are the books on kindle?

I think so, pretty sure Amazon has them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

This could lead to a 'how do you read Game of Thrones' thread.:D

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This could lead to a 'how do you read Game of Thrones' thread.:D

The answer to which is like a crack addict! I honestly remember skipping meals, sleep and work to devour them.

The answer to which is like a crack addict! I honestly remember skipping meals, sleep and work to devour them.

Speaking of skipping meals, if a meal description pops up in a particularly compelling chapter I have skipped them once or twice.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »

Speaking of skipping meals, if a meal description pops up in a particularly compelling chapter I have skipped them once or twice.

You know you want it!
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0345534492

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I have it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Searched for Bran on this forum and looked for the first post that looked to be making a call:
    _blank_ wrote: »
    Nothing here from the books, all speculation based on 8 TV Episodes and knowledge from there.

I think Jon Snow is more than a Stark, and will be in the running for the actual throne if/when he beats the Lannisters. We still don't know who his real mother is remember. I know Ned and The King had a conversation about some hoors, but I'm not convinced on that at all.

I also think Jon Snow will be instrumental in the defence against whatever comes over the wall, which points to him winning his particular battle (I'm basing this on the fact that there hasn't been much other character development on the Wall so far, apart from the older Lords up there, and the cowardly fella).

I definitely think Tyrion will turn against his family in the initial stages of the game, he is already wrangling his way into Jon Snow's affections, but ultimately will be the downfall of Snow, due in no small part to owing a debt elsewhere.

If Jon Snow doesnt end up on the throne himself, he will probably win it for House Stark, and be the Hand for whichever son is still alive to become King, probably Bran.

I wonder if John Arryn's son has a claim, his mad mother could come into play, trying to force him onto the throne at some stage. I reckon she may even line him up with the Lannisters in some kind of power deal. The Lannisters seem to me to to be happy to support a King, once they remain powerful behind the scenes. In fact, she may even line him up with the Targaryens/Khal Drogo when they arrive across The Narrow Sea.

Sansa will turncoat, if she hasn't already, and Arya will be left conflicted as to whether she kills her or not, while pregnant. Actually, Snow could become Queen's Hand to Arya.

Advertisement