Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Site WW / Mafia Games Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingyman

Hi guys! :)

Just popping in to give you the 10-day warning and a reminder that the final deadline is April 26.

But the sooner I have your representative's name, the more time I have to get them prepared for the Championship.

The very first qualifier starts April 29. And the last one starts June 17.

I'm very excited about this season! When your representative gets slotted into a game, I'll return with more information on when they're playing and how you can spectate them along with a thousand other people from all the other sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Nominations closed.

Polls open.

Select Rep here.

Select backup here.

sKeith wrote: »
    Nominations closed.

Polls open.

Select Rep here.

Select backup here.

Results are in, me repping with BH as backup.

Right then, better contact thingyman.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Two great choices. Best of luck folks.

I'll be creating a Boards discord supporters channel for the boys nearer the time (sorry guys you're not invited till post game), will announce here and people can PM me for the details. Thingyman if you're worried about game integrity I can send you the details when it's set up and you can join too :D

Alternatively there's the MU discord which will have championship commentary threads as well. Details for that are available on Mafia Universe

Necro wrote: »
    Ugh so they changed nothing from last year. I had my turn anyways so happy for someone else to enter this year.

Wont have the time anyways so fixxxer unless there are others you should give it a rattle!

Here's some changes I noticed so far.

• Majority is not in effect.
    • Votes are automatically locked in at LYLO.
    • No Lynching is enabled. Vote for No Lynch to forgo a lynch that Day.
    • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to. However, starting night 5, the factional kill will be mandatory.
    • There is a post restriction of 200 posts per game day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Honestly did not see this until now as I don't even remember putting my name forward for anything, iirc I asked months ago about if it would be helpful to be in a different time-zone for a Hydra (think thats the name for a 2 person 1 account) game, like I am and that I could be interested in such a situation. If anyone would like to replace me as backup I'd be fine with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Gigs yours if you are willing BH (i think).

Pter wrote: »
    Gigs yours if you are willing BH (i think).

Well hopefully sKeith doesn’t need a backup but if he does I’ll give it a try if nobody else steps forward even though I’ve not played outside of here yet.

Well hopefully sKeith doesn’t need a backup but if he does I’ll give it a try if nobody else steps forward even though I’ve not played outside of here yet.

As backup, you get asked to sub in for other sites who have presented poor showings and have no backups of there own.

As such, boards.ie gets double representation at the event, as we did last year.

Like who would ever expect a backup to Necro to ever see action at the champs, never the less, I did ;)
    And I turned down the possibility of subbing into other games which just wouldn't work for me due to timezones, so it wasn't a once off ask.
    Be prepared. And if asked, always check out the EOD (end of day / lynch) times and day lengths and make sure they are what you can do before saying yes.

Well ideally someone else would want the spot but like myself nobody else seemingly put their names forward. If anyone else decides they’d like to go it’s their place to have as despite having decent WW stats I’m not usually a high volume poster and don’t know if I’d be a great rep for the board but would try if we don’t put forward another name.

• Advertisement

Well ideally someone else would want the spot but like myself nobody else seemingly put their names forward. If anyone else decides they’d like to go it’s their place to have as despite having decent WW stats I’m not usually a high volume poster and don’t know if I’d be a great rep for the board but would try if we don’t put forward another name.

You'll be great. You are a super player.

if you haven't already, sign up here.

Once signed up, pm me, sKeith over there too, and i'll make it official beyond the accountless acknolegement i made so far. Would be better if there was an account behind the backup. Come on buddy, i know i can count on you.

as necros favorite band would say bounty hunter , its us against the world....

You'll be great. You are a super player.

if you haven't already, sign up here.

Once signed up, pm me, sKeith over there too, and i'll make it official beyond the accountless acknolegement i made so far. Would be better if there was an account behind the backup. Come on buddy, i know i can count on you.

confirmed on that thread. Then tried to PM you only to be told as i hit submit message
    Bounty Hunter, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

meh I guess im in if needed

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Think you need to make 3 posts on MU before you can PM.

Best of luck BH, if anything the end of day timings might suit you a bit better than here actually.

You're plenty good enough to play in them too if you get contacted!

#Wolfbros4life

:D

It'll be weird actually being around for lynches potentially, Just hope I have the time for a game if im needed.

Here's some changes I noticed so far.

• Majority is not in effect.
    • Mafia factional kills are optional. Mafia may submit a factional kill each night, but are not required to. However, starting night 5, the factional kill will be mandatory.
    • There is a post restriction of 200 posts per game day.

• Majority is not in effect. scrapped, back to same as before
    • There is a post restriction of 200 175 posts per game day.

So sKeith will be going into battle for Boards on Monday, May 20th!!!

I've set up the supporter's server just this morning, if anyone would like a link to join (I've sent some through my discord friends list already), please send me a PM!

Necro and myself are dusting off the Irish FBI account and repping boards.ie again in hydra 2019 event over of mafia universe.

Game 5 Info
    Hydra 2019 Game 5

Game Start: Monday 12/9 at 7 AM ET
    Hosted by: @iaafr
    # of hydras: 13
    Setup: D6
    Phase Length: 36/12
    Deadline: 7 PM ET

Necro and myself are dusting off the Irish FBI account and repping boards.ie again in hydra 2019 event over of mafia universe.

Game 5 Info
    Hydra 2019 Game 5

Game Start: Monday 12/9 at 7 AM ET
    Hosted by: @iaafr
    # of hydras: 13
    Setup: D6
    Phase Length: 36/12
    Deadline: 7 PM ET

Game thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/24603

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Best of luck guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Knock'em dead!
    (as long as they're on the other team :p)

Season 7 of Mafia World Championships

I've been contacted about us sending a representative this year, along with a back up.

Further information here

I suppose if anyone is interested they should make themselves known and we vote if necessary? Same as last year makes sense imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'll run again, for the big show this time.

Throw your hat into the ring folks.

I'd back Barney to go.

#getbarneytogo

Another vote for Barney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Go go Barney go

Even if we had more interest, i think Barney is a great choice. Enough time has passed - Barney you can mail MU and confirm yourself as our champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Thingyman

Hi guys

Barney’s game has been scheduled :)

Game 3 - May 11 (12/12 phases, 1 PM EST EOD)
    Barney92 (Boards.ie)
    Bill brasky (GunsNFNRoses)
    dev (SecretHitler.io)
    Fontana (Dark Side)
    GrySun (Manga Helpers)
    GTACCTHESAVIOR (Mafia451)
    Idioteque (TalkCeltic)
    kneeneighbor (Rajah)
    KruZe (Two Plus Two)
    Phighter (MiniMafia)
    Poyser (Wrestling Forum)
    Rich Parente (DailyMafia)
    Serpent.222 (IGN)
    skalliavas (Lynch or Be Lunch)
    splatt (FlopTurnRiver)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
    We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/CwDKmjQ

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
    This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
    For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern. It will feature 3-4 former winners.

It will go live here, if you are interested: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
    Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075

Thanks Thingyman!

Will be watching with interest fo sho :D

• Advertisement

Best of luck Barney

Advertisement