Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Restaurant Recommendation thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

raheny red wrote: »
    Looks like Rudys are setting up a BBQ for tonight/weekend. Get down quick if you want a bite and a gargle. Can't see that lasting long.

Seen the owner having a glass but that was it.

Don’t you just love the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭raheny red

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Don’t you just love the internet!

Huh? What do you mean?

Huh? What do you mean?

I could ask exactly the same of you. Here’s a little reminder what you posted.
    Looks like Rudys are setting up a BBQ for tonight/weekend. Get down quick if you want a bite and a gargle. Can't see that lasting long.

Seen the owner having a glass but that was it.

I could ask exactly the same of you. Here’s a little reminder what you posted.

Awh Jaysis Christ Pat. "Setting up". Passive aggression on internet forums, ya love to see it.

Popped onto their instagram, they're doing it Friday to Monday. I only got a glimpse of their prices outside €7.50 for ribs...burgers...€3.50 for beer. I only took note of the important stuff, a few other items on the menu too.

Awh Jaysis Christ Pat. "Setting up". Passive aggression on internet forums, ya love to see it.

Popped onto their instagram, they're doing it Friday to Monday. I only got a glimpse of their prices outside €7.50 for ribs...burgers...€3.50 for beer. I only took note of the important stuff, a few other items on the menu too.
    At least this make some sense, previously it was like you were talking in a code.

• Advertisement

Delhi Darbar in Clones is a great little restaurant. Nothing fancy but really nice Indian food!

Been on the lookout for a new Indian take away in D15 so we gave this a go last night. Punjabi chicken chilli masala and lamb saag. Both fantastic, the saag especially. Onion bahjis were really good too. The meat samosas were quite poor though. The garlic and peshwari naams were excellent. This will be our go to from now on. Nice wan.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ladystardust

While I agree that nothing beats Shimla (when it first opened). We are big fans of zouq in coolmine industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

While I agree that nothing beats Shimla (when it first opened). We are big fans of zouq in coolmine industrial estate.

I do love Zouq and they are very reasonably priced. Have been ordering a bit more from Masala lately though as it feels like more of a treat. Their Madras is unlike any I've had anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Caranica wrote: »
    I do love Zouq and they are very reasonably priced. Have been ordering a bit more from Masala lately though as it feels like more of a treat. Their Madras is unlike any I've had anywhere in the world.

My wife’s madras is unlike anything anyone else has had in the world
    It’s not good though !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My wife’s madras is unlike anything anyone else has had in the world
    It’s not good though !

Masala's Madras is creamy yet still has all the flavours of a Madras. It's amazing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Was driving past yesterday (BH Monday) afternoon, sure enough they were set up. Burgers, ribs, wings and hot dogs, chips and beers all for takeaway.

They had a few tables set up but off their premises, i.e. just on the path, so I guess it's a 'sit at your own risk' thing.

Anyhoo, stopped off, got a very decent burger.

Was driving past yesterday (BH Monday) afternoon, sure enough they were set up. Burgers, ribs, wings and hot dogs, chips and beers all for takeaway.

They had a few tables set up but off their premises, i.e. just on the path, so I guess it's a 'sit at your own risk' thing.

Anyhoo, stopped off, got a very decent burger.

Happy days, I presumed it was just gonna be Friday evening. They are opened again today because of the weather. Back 1pm Friday so will pop down then. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

The new BurgerStore in Ongar must think they’re doing serious business. Too busy to make a kinder bueno milkshake earlier with one other person in queue. Don’t seem overly concerned with custom given they’re a new business and Romayos set to open the other end of the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Would think Romayos will put them under pressure when they open do not see room for both unfortunetly especially with the poor survival rate of chippers in Ongar .

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Jebus Diced

Gerlad wrote: »
    The new BurgerStore in Ongar must think they’re doing serious business. Too busy to make a kinder bueno milkshake earlier with one other person in queue. Don’t seem overly concerned with custom given they’re a new business and Romayos set to open the other end of the village.
    What do you mean too busy? Did they say no we're not making you a milkshake?

Would think Romayos will put them under pressure when they open do not see room for both unfortunetly especially with the poor survival rate of chippers in Ongar .

Romayo’s is very inconsistent, with the chips been average at the best of times, at least that’s based on my experience of 3 of their shops around D15 over a 20 year period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Romayo’s is very inconsistent, with the chips been average at the best of times, at least that’s based on my experience of 3 of their shops around D15 over a 20 year period.

They are the scabbiest chipper I've ever encountered when it comes to portion size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭rolling boh

It's just with a wider choice and more than likely a bit cheaper even if the food is average at best it will give it an advantage over a place more expensive even if the burgers are better quality .Time will tell hopefully both can trade and give people the choice .

What do you mean too busy? Did they say no we're not making you a milkshake?

Yes. They’re seemed to be two ‘front of house’ there too. Maybe they had a lot of deliveries - just thought it was quite dismissive and it was my first time there.

Romayos know how to pump out the food but portion/quality can be hit and miss.
    San Marino in Laurel Lodge is the best chipper in D15.

They are the scabbiest chipper I've ever encountered when it comes to portion size.

I have certainly seen a variance in the quality of chips but portion is always huge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I have certainly seen a variance in the quality of chips but portion is always huge

We have different understanding of the word huge so. Their portion is very small, tiny in some cases, in comparison to other chippers in D15 and elsewhere.

We have different understanding of the word huge so. Their portion is very small, tiny in some cases, in comparison to other chippers in D15 and elsewhere.

We don't eat there very often , but when we do I always get one chips between two people and its plenty , wouldn't eat any more and I have a very healthy appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Yes. They’re seemed to be two ‘front of house’ there too. Maybe they had a lot of deliveries - just thought it was quite dismissive and it was my first time there.

Romayos know how to pump out the food but portion/quality can be hit and miss.
    San Marino in Laurel Lodge is the best chipper in D15.

I agree with you about San Marino being the best chipper in D15. Wouldn't order from anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Polar101

LorelaiG wrote: »
    I agree with you about San Marino being the best chipper in D15. Wouldn't order from anywhere else.

It was a sad day when our office moved out of their delivery range, and probably a big hit to their business as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ladystardust

In search of a decent sandwich. User to live in town and miss the auld artisan sambo on lovely bread with some mad and overpriced topping.... chopped and o'Brien's not cutting it.

Gave burgerstore a second chance. Glad to be proven wrong. Got the double burger with chips and bueno milk shake.
    Mother of god. Unreal eating. Burger pattys were delish and great bacon and sauce. Loads of decent chips and really good creamy shake. Think it was €15 all in but it’s good quality grub and would clean up in town. Hope it gets the custom in Ongar.

In search of a decent sandwich. User to live in town and miss the auld artisan sambo on lovely bread with some mad and overpriced topping.... chopped and o'Brien's not cutting it.

Poulet bonne femme in avoca in dunboyne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Gave burgerstore a second chance. Glad to be proven wrong. Got the double burger with chips and bueno milk shake.
    Mother of god. Unreal eating. Burger pattys were delish and great bacon and sauce. Loads of decent chips and really good creamy shake. Think it was €15 all in but it’s good quality grub and would clean up in town. Hope it gets the custom in Ongar.

Ok, you've sold me. I'm going to try it this week!😊

On a separate note, I was driving through Castleknock yesterday and noticed the signs for Castello de Brun Italian restaurant were removed. Have they closed down completely or just renovating during the lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ok, you've sold me. I'm going to try it this week!��

On a separate note, I was driving through Castleknock yesterday and noticed the signs for Castello de Brun Italian restaurant were removed. Have they closed down completely or just renovating during the lockdown?
    They were doing significant decorating work inside a couple weeks back so I assumed they were smartening up to open. Lots of places took the opportunity of the initial shutdown to repaint, etc.
    From my view, a rebrand and new menu for the CB location could only be a good thing. At my last visit (probably last year) I felt the standards at the place had gone way down. Now I'm hopeful they'll be an option again.

• Advertisement

Been on the lookout for a new Indian take away in D15 so we gave this a go last night. Punjabi chicken chilli masala and lamb saag. Both fantastic, the saag especially. Onion bahjis were really good too. The meat samosas were quite poor though. The garlic and peshwari naams were excellent. This will be our go to from now on. Nice wan.

Just to give a little bump for local restaurants. Gave Delhi Darbar takeaway another go last night. Their grub is seriously impressive. For a takeaway, it's pretty ridiculous how fresh the food is. Their lamb is one of the best you'll get in Dublin. Has anyone tried their kebabs?

What's their restaurant like for sitting in? Must give that a go some night.

Advertisement