Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

combi boiler

Options
13»

Comments

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This has gone beyond ridiculous.

Can I ask the RGI members here to state if AmatureRuth is correct when she states that you can ignore the current building regulations when installing a replacement gas boiler. Can you ignore the installation instructions when it states that the installation MUST comply with the current building regulations in your area?

So question RGI members: Do you need to follow current building regs when replacing a gas boiler? Or can you ignore current building regs? Pick & choose what regs to follow on an installation?

I think your flogging a dead horse, you only have to look at the industry to see nobody cares, there is little or no enforcement, there is no nationally agreed good working practices and absolutely anybody can do plumbing which has allowed some bad working practices to become the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

gary71 wrote:
    I think your flogging a dead horse, you only have to look at the industry to see nobody cares, there is little or no enforcement, there is no nationally agreed good working practices and absolutely anybody can do plumbing which has allowed some bad working practices to become the norm.

I totally agree with you. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink.

Log cabin companies advertise log cabins for living accommodation when this is illegal in the same way as some plumbing companies advertise removing cold water tanks. The DCC bylaws & regulations governing water storage & installation are still live on the DCC website with links to the Irish water website so I believe the bylaws are still active. Some local council water bylaws were only enacted in 2014 as Irish water was taking over. Bylaws are legally binding. I just find it funny that someone does a little extention on their home and they become experts on all trades.

Unfortunately we live in times where it can seem easy access information trumps time served experience:(

I find for me at times it’s like vegetarians telling me how to cook steak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnory1

I fitted a Combi boiler last week and it suggested this in the instructions, its said it was fine to fit in u.k to mains, but in other regions, (it's only made for Ireland and u.k) that it must be pumped . it's also regulation in Dublin, that the incoming supply must have a an expansion vessel, for anyone servicing immergas combi boilers ,would have seen this

• Registered Users Posts: 16,913 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

johnory1 wrote:
    I fitted a Combi boiler last week and it suggested this in the instructions, its said it was fine to fit in u.k to mains, but in other regions, (it's only made for Ireland and u.k) that it must be pumped . it's also regulation in Dublin, that the incoming supply must have a an expansion vessel, for anyone servicing immergas combi boilers ,would have seen this

Someone set up a new account just to argue the opposite to what you have just said. I've no idea what their agenda was.

Look at the end of the day regulations or not there is nothing stopping you fitting straight onto the mains. No one will arrest you. The real reason not to connect to the mains in most of ireland is because it won't preform well & even if it does it might not in six months or a year if Irish water reduces the pressure in the area. It's just not good practice from a plumbing point of view regardless of the regulations.

• Advertisement
Advertisement