Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí: Provo Army Council oversees PIRA & SF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

McMurphy wrote: »
    Leo would better have more slurs in the reserve tank, because the surge of the shinners is continuing.

They're playing a blinder - he's a dead duck leader now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a heave against him soon, he's stumbling from one PR disaster to another. The only problem is the lack of any obvious credible alternative to replace him .
    So true.
    Leo is showing some very poor political acumen.
    All SF had to do is hold a polite and well mannered meeting and Leo now looks like Chicken Little.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't think Michael Martin said anything about the meetings...did he?

Is he finally copping on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

What s strange post tbh.
    It's not strange at all
    A regular or a new reg fully supporting a party who says they never voted for them before generally isnt believed by regulars of opposing opinions
    The 'I never voted for x or y before' is very see through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Apparently the public meeting in Cork last night was a roaring success - standing room only over a thousand in attendance despite the seating plan designed for 500 according to Newstalks Barry White, who thinks FF/FG will be quite envious of what the shinners engineered.

Half tempted to go along to liberty hall this evening for curiosity more than anything else.

https://twitter.com/sinnfeinireland/status/1232031882138849282?s=19

Leo would better have more slurs in the reserve tank, because the surge of the shinners is continuing.

They're playing a blinder - he's a dead duck leader now, I wouldn't be surprised to see a heave against him soon, he's stumbling from one PR disaster to another. The only problem is the lack of any obvious credible alternative to replace him .

That's clearly not true. Charlie Flanagan is his natural replacement.

That's clearly not true. Charlie Flanagan is his natural replacement.

Bit a young blood maybe, that Donovan lad would be good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,248 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Mortelaro wrote: »
    It's not strange at all
    A regular or a new reg fully supporting a party who says they never voted for them before generally isnt believed by regulars of opposing opinions
    The 'I never voted for x or y before' is very see through

We always get a few of those around election time.

Then they disappear, possibly returning in new guises. Some of the regular posters here that were voting Sinn Fein for the first time seem to have completely disappeared. It happened in 2016 when we had that For Reals fellow who was mad into conspiracy theories about FF and FG elites, and then we never heard from him again. He wasn't the only one and they just go puff and disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    We always get a few of those around election time.

Then they disappear, possibly returning in new guises. Some of the regular posters here that were voting Sinn Fein for the first time seem to have completely disappeared. It happened in 2016 when we had that For Reals fellow who was mad into conspiracy theories about FF and FG elites, and then we never heard from him again. He wasn't the only one and they just go puff and disappear.

This is the kettle calling the pot black arse, never seen a green voter so upset about an election, even though their party done extremely well. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,561 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

This is the kettle calling the pot black arse, never seen a green voter so upset about an election, even though their party done extremely well. :D

*did

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

They're playing a blinder

Playing a blinder from a party political point of view? Yes, they seem to be. However coming up with brain dead pension proposals, wanting to slash the tax base, not very intelligent tax increase proposals, would indicate they are not playing a blinder.

I'm still unsure whether it would be best to have them in government so we can get it out of our system, or keep them ranting in the opposition benches. The former might be best.

I am not in the least bit upset about the election. The Greens will be in government, together with FF and FG. It will be a stable government lasting four or five years and the real issue of climate change will be addressed properly for the first time.

Sinn Fein will organise their rallies and protests ala 1930s Germany demanding to be let into power, but hopefully our country is too mature to listen to such childish antics.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Heard Sean o rourke last week accuse a FF TD of FF just doing a copy and paste of SFs policies. I was away so missed all the fun but is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Sinn Fein will organise their rallies and protests ala 1930s Germany demanding to be let into power, but hopefully our country is too mature to listen to such childish antics.

I see they've started rebranding their rallies as meetings as it's become obvious that most decent ordinary people find what they're doing absolutely stomach churning. Probably a consequence of their failure to draw large enough crowds to give Mary Lou the full Trumpian rally she wanted too.

quokula wrote: »
    I see they've started rebranding their rallies as meetings as it's become obvious that most decent ordinary people find what they're doing absolutely stomach churning. Probably a consequence of their failure to draw large enough crowds to give Mary Lou the full Trumpian rally she wanted too.

They were hoping for crowds outside unable to get in, cheering and shouting and waving flags and banners. They didn't get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

They were hoping for crowds outside unable to get in, cheering and shouting and waving flags and banners. They didn't get it.

Ehhh they had a meeting with q&as. Not a rally.
    See attached. Loads of middle aged people in a packed nice hotel room

The below is an actual rally. Big difference

That well known Shinner Paschal Sheehy from RTE tweeted last night that 372 chairs had been set out and they then got swamped as over 1000 turned up.

Just keep providing the gold blanch, you have no idea how enjoyable you are right now.

https://twitter.com/PaschalSheehy/status/1232042232947056640

Just on the subject of journalists tweeting from the hotel...Fiach Kelly from the Irish Times was also impressed and 'apologised' to his twitter followers because he couldn't see a hint of anythin 'intimidating or bullying'.

Somebody asked him if he would write that in the Irish Times column today (or rather..'would you be let write that').
    The tweeter was back on Fiach's account this morning saying...'I see you weren't allowed say that in your column' :):)

That well known Shinner Paschal Sheehy from RTE tweeted last night that 372 chairs had been set out and they then got swamped as over 1000 turned up.

Just keep providing the gold blanch, you have no idea how enjoyable you are right now.

https://twitter.com/PaschalSheehy/status/1232042232947056640

Just on the subject of journalists tweeting from the hotel...Fiach Kelly from the Irish Times was also impressed and 'apologised' to his twitter followers because he couldn't see a hint of anythin 'intimidating or bullying'.

Somebody asked him if he would write that in the Irish Times column today (or rather..'would you be let write that').
    The tweeter was back on Fiach's account this morning saying...'I see you weren't allowed say that in your column' :):)

I could get 372 to a public meeting. In fact, I was at several mundane gatherings in the last week that attracted a lot more than 372.

Deliberately shooting low to give the impression of a huge crowd is a really old propaganda trick. Sinn Fein know how to pick them.

I could get 372 to a public meeting. In fact, I was at several mundane gatherings in the last week that attracted a lot more than 372.

Deliberately shooting low to give the impression of a huge crowd is a really old propaganda trick. Sinn Fein know how to pick them.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Lise Hand has a good account of the 'Rally' in the Journal.

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/sinn-fein-rally-5020656-Feb2020/

:D:D:D

Blast them shinners, public meetings are a sign of the end of our democracy.

IMG-20200225-123033.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Hahahaha the David Brent of boards!
    Also counsellor Ken O'Flynn former FF and now independent was standing in front of me last night. In fact I spotted a few councillors from other parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Blast them shinners, public meetings are a sign of the end of our democracy.

IMG-20200225-123033.jpg

There's a big difference between public consultations to discuss issues and specifics that happen during the normal course of government, and propaganda rallies that try to interfere with normal democratic processes and are purely set up to get a mob demanding that SF can run the country despite their lack of mandate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

in what way will the public meetings facilitate SF entering government?

There's a big difference between public consultations to discuss issues and specifics that happen during the normal course of government, and propaganda rallies that try to interfere with normal democratic processes and are purely set up to get a mob demanding that SF can run the country despite their lack of mandate.

'Mob'?

Jaysus would you ever give it up?

You must have been at a different meeting to the one I was at.

Barry Whyte from Newstalk was in attendance last night, and basically called this propaganda line about interfering with a democratic process out.

Listen to it yourself.

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-newstalk-breakfast/sinn-fein-cork-city-public-rally-barry-whyte-reports

I'm immensely enjoying the twisting and squirming going on around here by the fantasists tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

smurgen wrote: »
    Hahahaha the David Brent of boards!
    Also counsellor Ken O'Flynn former FF and now independent was standing in front of me last night. In fact I spotted a few councillors from other parties.

Jesus mary and Joseph, you mean there were a load of non converts there just for the tae and ham sambo's ?

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Jesus mary and Joseph, you mean there were a load of non converts there just for the tae and ham sambo's ?

Just to hear the discussion.it appears to me FG folk would rather a dictatorship. There was no sandwiches. I was starving!

Barry Whyte from Newstalk was in attendance last night, and basically called this propaganda line about interfering with a democratic process out.

Listen to it yourself.

https://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/highlights-from-newstalk-breakfast/sinn-fein-cork-city-public-rally-barry-whyte-reports

I'm immensely enjoying the twisting and squirming going on around here by the fantasists tbh.

he seems a bit biased in his reporting....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With all due respect, what are you waffling on about in that post? ‘Mob’, ‘propaganda rallies’? Did you follow any of the coverage of last night’s public meeting? Complete nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With all due respect, what are you waffling on about in that post? ‘Mob’, ‘propaganda rallies’? Did you follow any of the coverage of last night’s public meeting? Complete nonsense.

Advertisement