Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Tinie wrote: »
    Yes hudl works here. Has a very nice screen.
    Better screen than the yoga tablet? Has hudl hdmi and usb as I think the yoga has both

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mok

I have this tablet and it's brilliant, battery life is unbeatable I'd say. I charge mine about once every 5 days and use it every eve/night. The stand is handy out too for watching movies etc....just bought another one for himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Have been in the market for a 10 inch tablet, can't afford Tab s and had been considering a Galaxy. This seems to beat the Tab 4 in all tests and not too far off the Tab S.

Anyone else have one and recommend it?
    Anyone have any experience with using external SD cards in it? Whats the biggest size it can take, been reading that a lot of people have struggled with 64gb and up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

IBOOD are doing the Samsung today

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

keep getting errors trying to buy this, using multiple browsers still has the same issue

• Advertisement

Can anyone confirm if this has micro hdmi slot?Some sites say its quite deep to access while others say it hasnt got one at all??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

toby2111 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if this has micro hdmi slot?Some sites say its quite deep to access while others say it hasnt got one at all??!!

Isn't micro hdmi the charging port? Surely has one of them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Isn't micro hdmi the charging port? Surely has one of them.
    Dunno,dont have one. Just wondering can it be connected up to a TV using hdmi port?(if it has one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

toby2111 wrote: »
    Dunno,dont have one. Just wondering can it be connected up to a TV using hdmi port?(if it has one)

It can't be connected by hdmi. You would need an item such as a chromecast to use it with tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Thanks OP and others, went for the 32gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Took the plunge and bought the tablet. Vast majority of reviews were extremely positive and often compared it to higher spec models. It was also reviewed when at a higher price point (Around 300). So looks like a very good price for a very good tablet. *Don't let me down now*

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Roscoe P Coltrane

sxt wrote: »
    It can't be connected by hdmi. You would need an item such as a chromecast to use it with tv

I'm a newbie with tablets- does that mean there is no way to connect to a tv with a cable?

Possible bargain of the year so far!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I'm a newbie with tablets- does that mean there is no way to connect to a tv with a cable?

You can buy a cable on Amazon that will connect it up but you would be better off just buying the chromecast.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

You could get a cable like this -
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00MY05GNA/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1435134290&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=micro+usb+to+hdmi&dpPl=1&dpID=51cn34IKnrL&ref=plSrch - but consider spending a bit more and getting a Chromecast, they're fantastic little devices, and one less cable trailing about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

What Camera does this have ?

There is no HDMI-out capability on this yoga tablet. The micro port isn't mhl enabled. The micro hdmi cable won't work on this device

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Damn you BA!!!

Should arrive soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Great deal for a good specced ten inch tab that's not from some no name eBay generic Chinese factory.

Has lollipop also.

There is no HDMI-out capability on this yoga tablet. The micro port isn't mhl enabled. The micro hdmi cable won't work on this device

The cable I linked to above uses the tablet's micro USB output, just fyi.

The Android version of this tablet doesn't have a micro HDMI out, unlike the Windows version.

• Advertisement

Yes there is still a problem though. The port on the yoga 2 doesn't support mhl . Alot of tablets support mhl, which allows you connect the microUSD to HDMI through an adapter, but this model doesn't.

Yes there is still a problem though. The port on the yoga 2 doesn't support mhl . Alot of tablets support mhl, which allows you connect the microUSD to HDMI through an adapter, but this model doesn't.

Ah OK, gotcha. Weird omission, given the lack of an actual HDMI output. Praise Zeus for the Chromecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Rega

Brilliant find OP. Was looking for a new tablet. Saved me a fortune.

Bought one also, hopefully here before the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ordered. Great spot OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

ordered 2 :D

great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Thanks OP. Great bargain. I've been looking for a general-use tablet for about a month and this particular model was top of my list. Delighted to get it at this price.

Has anybody received notification about their order being dispatched yet? My current order status is: "Order in Process"

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭thehookster

Is this finished? It's coming up as 219.00 for me.....please tell me it's not finished....I'll be raging

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Is this finished? It's coming up as 219.00 for me.....please tell me it's not finished....I'll be raging

Yeah, just checked it myself as I've only this morning stumbled across this thread. I bought the Yogo 1 for herself last christmas, it's a savage little tablet.

Ah, I'm probably better off saving my money anyway. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

I was just about to order it and the promo is gone :( What was the promo code? Maybe it is not on the website but still works :P

Advertisement