Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yoga Tablet 2 10 (WiFi) - platinum silver €159.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone rooted there's yet? Easy/hard to do? Let's hope rom support is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone rooted there's yet? Easy/hard to do? Let's hope rom support is decent.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/thinkpad-tablet/general/guide-root-yoga-tablet-2-pro-8-10-13-3-t2930428

Although I'll give kingroot a bash as well.

Divil a bit of ROM development going on for it by the looks of it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

In plain and simple terms, what is 'rooting' and why would someone want to do it?

It adds some great features to your android experience. For most users, its not required. They run perfectly without it. But I'd always be a root enthusiast :D

In plain and simple terms, what is 'rooting' and why would someone want to do it?

http://www.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Rooted mine this afternoon, easy enough. Use T3 in the options when you run the .bat file.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What is the reasoning behind the no tracking number, its so frustrating. I didn't get mine delivered yesterday but don't know where the item is or if they attempted delivery yesterday even.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Mine got delivered this morning, ordered it last Wednesday, so exactly a week. Wouldn't be too worried if it didn't arrive yestreday. Couriers would've called you if they attempted delivery or, at the very least, would've left a note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

ynwa_17 wrote: »
    Mine got delivered this morning, ordered it last Wednesday, so exactly a week. Wouldn't be too worried if it didn't arrive yestreday. Couriers would've called you if they attempted delivery or, at the very least, would've left a note.

Did your status change online? I ordered mine last Wednesday but it still says order in progress.

funkyjebus wrote: »
    Did your status change online? I ordered mine last Wednesday but it still says order in progress.

I got an email yesterday early morning saying it had been shipped, online status changed to order complete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Had to take the morning off work to be at home for delivery thanks to lenovo's archaic practices! Anyway, package arrived! #success #commitment

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

What are folks doing about a case for this tablet ? Any recomnedations out there.

It is an unsual shape for a standard case.

I got a case from Amazon.co.uk
    £10.95 + Parcel MOtel - Fullfilled by Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OU8USOG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

IVSO Lenovo YOGA 2 10.1-Inch Flip Case - Slim Folio Book Case Cover for Lenovo YOGA 2 10.1-Inch Tablet

Fantastic looking case for your precious Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 10.1-inch tablet. There are plenty of cases out there but this is built to last with style. Made of premium PU leather, this flip case will wear well and maintain the look of your device. Design allows for full access to touch screen, side buttons, charging & headset ports and camera. Well built to protect your Lenovo YOGA Tablet 2 10.1-inch tablet for the years to come.
    Barr wrote: »
    What are folks doing about a case for this tablet ? Any recomnedations out there.

It is an unsual shape for a standard case.

The above was posted yesterday, kinda tempted myself. Reviews look fairly good

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Is this still available?? How to get it for 169e. Any codes to be used? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

peaceboi wrote: »
    Is this still available?? How to get it for 169e. Any codes to be used? Thanks

Afraid the code has expired at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Arrived

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

After a day of usage, I don't really like the screen for browsing. For movies and gaming it's excellent, but for browsing the web is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Just seeing that they won't drop it to another address. Someone would gave been at home all week till tomorrow. That's a pain in the arsr for me now If they won't let s neighbour sign for it or I could sign for it at work, where we use ups a lot

AstraMonti wrote: »
    After a day of usage, I don't really like the screen for browsing. For movies and gaming it's excellent, but for browsing the web is weird.

Is the issue sharpness? It's been an issue for some - http://forum.xda-developers.com/thinkpad-tablet/general/wip-yoga-tablet-2-display-sharpness-fix-t3008131

What browser are you using?

I am not sure if it's sharpness, the whole font/display looks out of proportion. It's like having a monitor not in its native resolution, if I can explain that right. I 've only used chrome so far.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

UPS left mine in the back garden lol

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Ordered Monday 22nd night. Confirmation email received Tuesday 23rd afternoon. Nothing since and credit card hasn't been debited.

Anyone in a similar situation?

Which Monday?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

UPS left mine in the back garden lol

That's odd!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Anyone manage to uninstall security hd from this. Tried app uninstaller but it reinstalls itself on reboot. I've tried disabling\stopping it and greenifying it all useless.

I just disabled it through settings->apps

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Which Monday?

22nd. Lenovo even rang me the following day to confirm my order.

I ordered the 24th and heard nothing since. Here's hoping.

There's some hape of bloat, will definitely be rooting. Other than that, pretty chuffed with it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

corwill wrote: »
    There's some hape of bloat, will definitely be rooting. Other than that, pretty chuffed with it so far.

Corwil - Yeap all lot of bloat. Any chance you'll post up what you works for you when 'rooting', thanks.

Ordered mine 23rd got shipping mail yesterday and delivery today. Like it so far.

Advertisement