Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch with Cadence €80

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Ah thanks but a bit far I had reserved in Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

I notice the original link isn't working anymore. I have an sms and email reservation so hopefully I manage to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Do they ring you either way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Picked mine up today in Carlow. Assistant said they had a few more on back order, not sure if it was same price. Will give it a test run tomorrow.

Anyone know what the battery life is like after full charge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

I had 2 reservations in Waterford. They rang today to let me know the second arrived and told them to cancel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Tried setting mine up this evening. Couldn't get the heart rate monitor to connect. Tried everything short of getting in the shower with it but it didn't connect.

Will try fit the cadence sensor tomorrow

Boscoirl wrote:
    Tried setting mine up this evening. Couldn't get the heart rate monitor to connect. Tried everything short of getting in the shower with it but it didn't connect.

Maybe it only works when you are actually out cycling :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Or watches for that matter?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Boscoirl wrote: »

It wouldn't pick up mine either but I reckon it could be a battery that needs changing. I have a few batteries here I'll try it out later but the watch works flawlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

I have two reservations, one @ €80 & one @ €64. I will collect the €64 one this evening and can pass on the €80 reservation if anyone want's it. It's reserved in the Blanchardstown store. PM me if interested.

€80 reservation now gone to another lucky boardsie who also got the 20% discount.
    Great bargain, thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I picked mine in in Swords Airside at lunchtime today, 64 euro, well pleased with it.Great bargain

I have a spare code for 1 watch for 80 euro, ready and available for collection in the Drogheda store , Pm if anyone wants the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Now available in Liffey Valley and Blanch.

Now have a spare code for Liffey Valley for 80e if that's gone later. Just PM me.

Nothing on system still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

heraldo wrote: »
    I have two reservations, one @ €80 & one @ €64. I will collect the €64 one this evening and can pass on the €80 reservation if anyone want's it. It's reserved in the Blanchardstown store. PM me if interested.

When did you order the €64 watch heraldo and did you get a call to say they had it in store?
    I reserved my watch on Tuesday and still no call from the blanch store.

• Advertisement

ooter wrote: »
    When did you order the €64 watch heraldo and did you get a call to say they had it in store?
    I reserved my watch on Tuesday and still no call from the blanch store.

Reserved the €80 one on Monday 30th, then reserved the €64 one on Tuesday 31st when the additional 20% offer was on. Rang the shop today and initially they said they were not in stock but they went to check deliveries and rang back about an hour ago to say it was available to collect, specifically the €64 one!

heraldo wrote: »

how do you have to collect it?
    thanks
    John

seanin4711 wrote: »
    how do you have to collect it?
    thanks
    John

My wife just collected the €64 one for me, you just quote the reservation number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭brian2614

Just picked mine up in Waterford @ €64 happy days!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Has anyone got the HRM working? Its one of the only reasons I've it reserved so not going to but if it doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Picked my €64 item up. Have a €80 item reserved still if anyone wants it. Pick up at Carrickmines, PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i have a reservation for liffey valley for today if anyone wants it for 80e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Impulsively bought one and got it for 64 euro. Seems to be way under the price I see it for on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Got call to say mine is available for pick up. Anyone use it yet buying as a present.

Did anyone chance using axa plus discount as well on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

RossieMan wrote: »
    Has anyone got the HRM working? Its one of the only reasons I've it reserved so not going to but if it doesn't work.

yes got it setup last night, didntvwork initially but wore it to walking super market round the corner, worked fine 70ish popped up a few times to 99 but worked, not used to wearing a watch again, all in all a solid deal, good spot op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

deisediva wrote: »
    Got call to say mine is available for pick up. Anyone use it yet buying as a present.

Did anyone chance using axa plus discount as well on it?
    A guy in the queue in front of me got one and he had an axa card which was accepted.

Got mine for 64 was reserved at 80. Thanks to a poster on here giving me a code. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Great deal - thought the cadence sensor was missing didn't realise it was so small

I couldn't get the HRM working - I ran the multimeter over the battery and it was pushing 3volts - I changed the battery (can be got in the euro2 shop quite cheaply) and it worked

Very happy with it - now to start running again after a 6 month leave of absense :p

My Lidl bought HRM is fooked so i badly need a new one, Polar HRM's have a good reputation but they're expensive so I'm really hoping this one works, if it's just a battery issue happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Michael Angelo.

If anyone has a reservation code can you please PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Also thought the cadence sensor was missing. It's tiny. Wouldn't pay 30-50 quid it costs separately. Hrm on mine working perfectly after dabbing inside part with a little water. Have a reservation for Drogheda at 80 if anyone wants it

Also thought the cadence sensor was missing. It's tiny. Wouldn't pay 30-50 quid it costs separately. Hrm on mine working perfectly after dabbing inside part with a little water. Have a reservation for Drogheda at 80 if anyone wants it

If you don't want an ugly cabletied magnet on your crank shaft these rare earth magnets will do the job

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/261605573967?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

add to back of pedal like so:

P1100058.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

None of the links working and can't find it on Halfords website...help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

jay0109 wrote: »
    None of the links working and can't find it on Halfords website...help!

It's sold out

Just picked mine up in blanch for €64,the girl in the shop said they've had loads in collecting.

ooter wrote: »
    Just picked mine up in blanch for €64,the girl in the shop said they've had loads in collecting.

Same in Halfords Coolock - he had 15 on the counter said he was just about to call me, getting it for €64 let alone €80 is an absolute bargain

my reservation is for pickup on Monday hope i get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I have 2 reservations for Blanchardstown (my friend decided he couldn't afford it, missing out on a bargain but won't listen!) if anyone wants one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭dubdamo

Collected mine in Coolock, cadence sensor included :)

Took it out earlier - took over 10 minutes to get a gps lock - I was walking the dogs so only really testing, I read on the reviews it takes a bit of time to get a lock the first time you use it - so might be worth leaving it on the window sill before using it for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Collected mine in coolock as well this morning. The one i got has clearly been used the box was unopened and accessories still bagged but the watch was badly scuffed / damaged. Unit will not charge or turn on and looks to have dropped/ crashed. Wont get a chance to return until tuesday so will probably only get a refund as i presume there will be no stock left.

Do you think a better option will be to contact polar directly for warranty repair replacement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

if any one has a spare reservations code there not using in Dublin will take it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

lanno wrote: »
    if any one has a spare reservations code there not using in Dublin will take it
    Sent you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

fletch wrote: »
    Sent you a PM
    tks got that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Anyone else with a spare reservation!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I did 2 reservations, one at the €80 and the second at €64. I picked up one at the €64 today, but the lady at the till said that it should be charged at the lowest price on the system anyway. I have the €80 reservation for Halfords Cork if anyone wants to try it. PM me for details. It has to be collected by Sunday.

Code gone to Gerard93

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

I hate people that do things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

one spare code for carrickmine @64 euro, PM Sent to

PETERDGRIFFIN

• Advertisement
Advertisement