Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polar RC3 GPS Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch with Cadence €80

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Took it out earlier - took over 10 minutes to get a gps lock - I was walking the dogs so only really testing, I read on the reviews it takes a bit of time to get a lock the first time you use it - so might be worth leaving it on the window sill before using it for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Collected mine in coolock as well this morning. The one i got has clearly been used the box was unopened and accessories still bagged but the watch was badly scuffed / damaged. Unit will not charge or turn on and looks to have dropped/ crashed. Wont get a chance to return until tuesday so will probably only get a refund as i presume there will be no stock left.

Do you think a better option will be to contact polar directly for warranty repair replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

if any one has a spare reservations code there not using in Dublin will take it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

lanno wrote: »
    if any one has a spare reservations code there not using in Dublin will take it
    Sent you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

fletch wrote: »
    Sent you a PM
    tks got that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Anyone else with a spare reservation!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I did 2 reservations, one at the €80 and the second at €64. I picked up one at the €64 today, but the lady at the till said that it should be charged at the lowest price on the system anyway. I have the €80 reservation for Halfords Cork if anyone wants to try it. PM me for details. It has to be collected by Sunday.

Code gone to Gerard93

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I hate people that do things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

one spare code for carrickmine @64 euro, PM Sent to

PETERDGRIFFIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Collected mine, first impressions is that it's no where near as polished as my garmin 110. I only got it for the cadence sensor and hrm. Not a chance I would have paid more for it. I cycle about 250km a week so will pist back in a week with a full review

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

If anyone has a reservation for Dublin south would appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭AstraOwner

A shame it seems to be such a crap device for syncing to any of the popular fitness apps/programmes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

For anyone else having issues with the HRM my battery was dead too, a quick trip to boots and all is well (the battery is a CR2025 for reference). As noted by someone else the first GPS lock is slow to establish, I left it on a window sill for 5 mins last night to get lock, but this morning it locked in under a min. Going to try and sync from my cycle this morning to Strava and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

I have one reservation code left for Blanch for €64 (I'm not selling it, it's free for whoever PMs me first)

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Going to try and sync from my cycle this morning to Strava and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Ok, for anyone interested in the Strava transfer of rides - I uploaded from my RC3 to polarpersonaltrainer.com (Link) - used the export gpx and imported into Strava (Link)

So the heart rate data doesn't make it across (I suspect the cadence wouldn't either, but haven't set that up yet) - I think for me I'm OK with this - I can use the two sites and get the insights I want across the two. I'm happy with being able to see more of my stats on the road (verses using my phone and a BLE HRM with the Strava app - with my phone in my pocket I can't see anything).

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭ted1

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    For anyone else having issues with the HRM my battery was dead too, a quick trip to boots and all is well (the battery is a CR2025 for reference). As noted by someone else the first GPS lock is slow to establish, I left it on a window sill for 5 mins last night to get lock, but this morning it locked in under a min. Going to try and sync from my cycle this morning to Strava and I'll let you all know how it goes.

Paddy

Couldn't sync the hrm either, cadence got it first time. Will try a new battery later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭ooter

Used mine for the 1st time this morning and both the GPS and the HRM worked fine.
    Does anyone know how to set the alert on the watch to let you know if you go over a certain BPM?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

fletch wrote: »
    I have one reservation code left for Blanch for €64 (I'm not selling it, it's free for whoever PMs me first)

Prob gone but would love this.

Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Halfords in Mahon Point still have one, but they want €80 if anyone wants it. PM me for reservation number if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

have a code for Castlebar, still undecided if i want it or not.

If anyone wants it PM me i'll send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭SteM

If anyone has a spare reservation in Dublin please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭knipper

whiterebel wrote: »
    Halfords in Mahon Point still have one, but they want €80 if anyone wants it. PM me for reservation number if you want it.

Just pmd you.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

ooter wrote: »
    Used mine for the 1st time this morning and both the GPS and the HRM worked fine.
    Does anyone know how to set the alert on the watch to let you know if you go over a certain BPM?

Page 14 online manual, you can adjust option using a computer, try that

knipper wrote: »
    Just pmd you.

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Picked it up today for €64.00 thanks op :)

Yeah thanks op,great bargain.
    And thanks Chris,I'll check that out.
    My only gripe with the watch is it doesn't give mile splits like my garmin but for the price I paid I'm not going to complain.:)

Does anyone know if the battery in the HRM is losing power by leaving it in all the time or does it only switch on when the watch hooks up with it?

ooter wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the battery in the HRM is losing power by leaving it in all the time or does it only switch on when the watch hooks up with it?

I don't know for sure, but the quoted battery life is about a year, I'd guess it's losing power all the time waiting for a hand shake from the watch, but uses more power when active... I'm guessing the stock we're buying is 2-3 years old hence the number of DOA HRM batteries.

Paddy

• Advertisement

DOA. :-)

Advertisement