Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who are the coolest people over 50?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Feisar wrote: »
    I don't think he's that old.
    Yep I am. 52 last time I checked. :eek:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Jason Statham is doing something right

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Something a little sad about anyone over 50 wanting to be cool, puts me in mind of some middle-aged 'rock journalist'. A little bit desperate.

There are some effortlessly cool people of all ages but they don't see themselves as cool nor do they have to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Ranulph Fiennes. Lunatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,155 ✭✭✭OldRio

mariaalice wrote: »
    Something a little sad about anyone over 50 wanting to be cool, puts me in mind of some middle-aged 'rock journalist'. A little bit desperate.

There are some effortlessly cool people of all ages but they don't see themselves as cool nor do they have to try.

I agree, anyone trying too hard is rather sad and pathetic. Does Tom Waits look in the mirror and try his cool look. Nah, he just is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

silverharp wrote: »
    Jason Statham is doing something right

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

350199.jpg?b64lines=SSB1c2VkIHRvIGJlIHdpdGggaXQKQnV0IHRoZW4gdGhleSBjaGFuZ2VkIHdoYXQgCiJpdCIgd2FzISBOb3cgd2hhdCBJJ20gCndpdGggaXNuJ3QgaXQgYW5kIHdoYXQncyBpdCBzZWVtcwp3ZWlyZCBhbmQgc2NhcnkKQW5kIGl0J2xsIGhhcHBlbiB0byB5b3Uh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Blah blah blah... Party pooper party pooper :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

gmisk wrote: »
    Rosie Huntington-Whiteley?

a random tweet but made me laugh :pac:

https://twitter.com/LewisWiltshire/status/1292549683097853953

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Chuck Norris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Eddie Irvine for me. Chilled confident straight talking personality. Drove formula one and Le Mans.

Flys planes, owns boats, classic cars, modern super cars and motorcycles. Lives in some place in Florida I think overlooking the sea. Never made an eejit out of himself or dragged through the courts for anything. A fine life.

Advertisement