Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the cop in the right ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ya would, surely

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,303 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mick087 wrote: »
    I have seen something similar on Dublin Bus but not as bad as that.

You saw someone spitting at other passengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    You saw someone spitting at other passengers?

No i seen a guy refusing to wear a mask because he climed to have a medical condition. The bus driver said he would not drive the bus to he put one on and was telling him this over the bus itercom.

I think the bus driver was right.
    But no no spitting and it was nothing like this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Larbre34 wrote: »
    He handled it wrong. I'd have left him with a concussion, three cracked ribs and pink piss for three days.

Labre putting in the hard yards in training for this one

pbf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

No i seen a guy refusing to wear a mask because he climed to have a medical condition. The bus driver said he would not drive the bus to he put one on and was telling him this over the bus itercom.

What?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Witcher wrote: »
    Labre putting in the hard yards in training for this one

pbf.gif

I'm dead serious, if I was the copper, I'd have rung his bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Get Real

But then you'd also be wrong. In either scenario the copper is wrong.

By doing what he did, he's criticised on twitter and social media. Not doing a proper job, plastic copper etc

If he used force, he'd be criticised on twitter and social media for being too heavy handed, police brutality, power trip, why not catch the real criminals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dulceetdecorum

ring (one's) bell
    To sexually attract or arouse someone; to bring someone sexual gratification or satisfaction.
    That redhead from across the bar has been ringing my bell all night.
    He looks mighty fine, all right. I'd like to take him home and ring his bell!
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

couldnt b arsed readin the thread.
    cops are always in the right.
    thats the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I've been reading some of the replies of that tweet in the op.
    Shocking how delusional people are. That Corona is all fake, that it's some evil plot by governments to control people :pac:

One woman, who'd you think was normal looking by her twitter picture, was going on about how some politician warned of a second wave to which she said there was never a first....how like?

I think this Corona deal has shown just how much of the world lives in their own little bubble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Psychiatric Patrick

ring (one's) bell
    To sexually attract or arouse someone; to bring someone sexual gratification or satisfaction.
    That redhead from across the bar has been ringing my bell all night.
    He looks mighty fine, all right. I'd like to take him home and ring his bell!
    :eek:

Your response suggests that you don't think Larbre34 knows the definition

I've been reading some of the replies of that tweet in the op.
    Shocking how delusional people are. That Corona is all fake, that it's some evil plot by governments to control people :pac:

One woman, who'd you think was normal looking by her twitter picture, was going on about how some politician warned of a second wave to which she said there was never a first....how like?

I think this Corona deal has shown just how much of the world lives in their own little bubble.

Is it a lunacy created by the internet or is a lunacy that was always there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is it a lunacy creed by the internet or is a lunacy that was always there?

It's a lunacy that was always there, but these people didn't have a platform on which to share their stupidity views before. Now they can, and there's a lot more idiots followers than one would have initially thought. Plus, America.

Spitting is disgusting enough but spitting at someone is just beyond grotesque .

I would have thought that Covid and lockdown would have caused people to think twice before even spitting on the ground. Very early in the lockdown I saw a guy spit. I stoped and said "did you just spit?" he denied it and stated walking faster but a few other people started giving out to him.

It's a lunacy that was always there, but these people didn't have a platform on which to share their stupidity views before. Now they can, and there's a lot more idiots followers than one would have initially thought. Plus, America.

How can we tell though?

I mean there has always been nut jobs who can attract weak minded oafs but old UFO hunters and conspiracy people had to make an effort to find each other and to rad up on the topics.

These social media types are too limp in the head for it to be natural. I think he internet is doing them damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

What's council estates got to do with this?

your man in the video totally iliterate,non educated.council stuff nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

So why mention council estates?

because its he,s kind you find from rough estates.....................................

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

maybe its just me, but growing up in the 70s and 80s if you acted like that towards a guard you got a hiding judging by many people I knew

In the UK we would never have thought of it. No hiding but probably an arrest.

maybe its just me, but growing up in the 70s and 80s if you acted like that towards a guard you got a hiding judging by many people I knew

Yes and after the Guard would be finished the hiding, the mammy show him the right way to beat her child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭1990sman

neither of them were right, in this case and people shouldn't fall for an engineered anti-police sentiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

• Registered Users Posts: 16,785 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

In these kind of threads, aren't the online hard shaws who'd have sorted the guy out, extremely tiresome??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

Should one be out in public if one fears other people not wearing a face mask because of a not particularly lethal virus?

It's not those who don't wear masks who are in the wrong but those who would be happy to be aggressive toward those who don't wear a mask who are in the wrong.

Should one be out in public if one fears other people not wearing a face mask because of a not particularly lethal virus?

It's not those who don't wear masks who are in the wrong but those who would be happy to be aggressive toward those who don't wear a mask who are in the wrong.

And people who won't wear a mask are not in the wrong because....???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Lord Fairlord

And people who won't wear a mask are not in the wrong because....???

Because one's own health, bar in relationships of direct responsibility for one to another, such as parent to child, is one's own responsibility - otherwise we have tyranny.
    Also wearing masks for long periods of time may have negative effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Some are saying this idiot was reportedly spitting at ppl prior to the incident

One of the replies to the video

British Transport Police:

We are aware of this video being shared on social media. Officers were called to reports of a man spitting at two passengers (2/9/2020). A man has now been charged with a public order offence and assaulting an emergency worker.

Because one's own health, bar in relationships of direct responsibility for one to another, such as parent to child, is one's own responsibility - otherwise we have tyranny.
    Also wearing masks for long periods of time may have negative effects.

Then a person should find alternate means of transport because their presence among other people may have negative effects on those other people.

Some reason for not being able to wear a mask does not make a person immune to a virus.

And this jackass was spitting at people. Either for the sick thrill or in the hopes the cops would come and he could put on a show. But the little weasel coward was expecting tone able to get away with it because his buddy had a camera and his "tough" front crumbled as soon as he meet someone not willing to take his crap

what sane minded person would voice any kind of support for these ignoramuses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Surely they could simply make a PA announcement to say that the train is not moving until the d1ckhead not wearing a mask either wears one or gets off the train?

His fellow passengers wouldn't be long in supporting the officer or removing him themselves

• Advertisement

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Surely they could simply make a PA announcement to say that the train is not moving until the d1ckhead not wearing a mask either wears one or gets off the train?

His fellow passengers wouldn't be long in supporting the officer or removing him themselves

I like the idea of a mob.

Mob rule is the will of the people in action and therefore mob rule is highly democratic.

Advertisement