Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unionist bigotry and racism in the north

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The I has famine bit is extremely poor taste to be honest. Therefore people are right to be offended.

I know we live in a world where the slightest thing causes offence but some things you never cross that line and make light of. The famine being one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

@Pepefrogok Your mother is upsetting the paddys!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,293 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Am I the only one who finds the outcry and media headlines over this moronic? Racist idiot shares idiotic meme on teh interwebz, quickly, everyone lose their collective sh!t

She's a bigoted eejit, I'm not denying that, but I guess I'm just of a generation which doesn't see taking crap idiots write on the internet seriously as a worthwhile use of one's valuable time. Sh!te and brain farts written on the internet should never be taken seriously or afforded any sort of legitimacy, the end.

Yeah all that would be fine and what not if she weren't a political representative of a section of society...

Some idiot down the pub espouses such utterly moronic crap - easily dismissed.. same for some forum troll.

Not really sure that the same applies here

• Registered Users Posts: 23,547 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The individual in question also appears to have a phone number and her email address on her twitter profile for anyone who would like a few words?

*facepalm image should go here but it's beyond that*

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I think it's a bit funny. No one can tell me I have to find something offensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Allinall

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    The I has famine bit is extremely poor taste to be honest......,

I see what you did there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

This is not about the idiot who keeps calling Leo Varadkar "the Indian".

In relation to this tweet by a Belfast Councillor today in the image I have to say it must be singularly the most disgusting bigoted and racist anti Irish tweet I think I have ever come across.

I'm not embedding the image because it is genuinely disgusting really but here is the tweet, now deleted

https://cdn-03.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/article36871003.ece/a7685/AUTOCROP/w620/jolene_bunting.JPG

Nine comments and 3 retweets? I wouldn't worry about it.

Got a bit of a laugh out of the cap tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Didn't find it funny, offensive, racist or bigoted. I'm never woke this early in the morning though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Well, she is one of the more intelligent Brexiteers. And they were always more intelligent than the people who voted for Brexit.
    A lot of people are saying "Ah shure, she's grand, just leave it and ignore it"
    NO!
    She is an officially elected representative of the people. She not only represents her views, but represents the views of the people that elected her.
    If you let this kind of crap continue, it will become the norm. This is how hate starts. First jokes and belittlement, then persecution. I'm German, believe me I know.
    She needs a good, bloody nose for this. In fact if she can be removed from politics, the world will be a better place.
    Don't ignore sh*theads like her.
    And anyone who uses or endorses that stupid frog meme should have their sexual organs insterted into a blender and the same for their offspring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Greyling

Her Facebook reads like a template for After Hours. If she wasn't a unionist the lads here would be jizzing their pants at the ****e she comes out with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Let's face it Unionism and racism go hand in hand so it's hardly a surprise such comments. They have exercised control over a minority instilled with a superiority complex which makes it so hard for them to tolerate anything Irish or sharing power with their now rapidly rising in share of the population nationalist neighbour.

It's a siege mentality and brexit has brought these 'we know best' feelings to the surface again. Bunting and John Taylor(mr India) just can't help themselves knowing they are playing to their community's fears. In a way it's a lot like white South Africans before the inevitable fall from power after years of dictating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Jolene Bunting is an embarrassing fool. The stuff she comes out with on a regular basis makes me genuinely wonder whether she is all there mentally to be honest.

To be fair to most moderate unionists, their faces tend to be in their palms when these idiots come out with this stuff too, as were most non-shinner Republicans when they do similar antics such as the Kingsmill Bread thing of late.

I do think the North has a general gob****ery issue in some of their public figures but most of our northern brethren are just normal people doing their best to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Anti Irish? Or anti frog?

I'm a little confused... the Union Jack Frog looks a little sad too. The 'Famine' cap & Guinness is crossing the line... if it wasn't for that it could actually be considered quite a perceptive comment on Brexit?

Yes that union jack frog looked rather lagered up alright.

He wants his go clearly and the first kraut, spic, or eyetay that spills his pint or looks at his Mrs. is going to get it. He will then lambast the Paddy frog after the dustup for not jumping in to his aid.

Advertisement